• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Contract Watch

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
We always talk a big game about how we aren't going to do this contract situation again after Van Persie left and then Walcott held us for ransom..

Yet here we are again.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Leno, Bellerin, Saliba, Tierney, Maitland-Niles, Guendouzi, Willock, Pepe, Nelson, Smith Rowe, Saka, Martinelli, Nketiah.

Add some reserves like Balogun, John-Jules and Smith to this and at least I won’t hate most of our team like I do now, we might be playing league 1 fwiw.

Time to purge.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Doesn't really say Saliba is a priority. Seems more like speculating what the club will choose to do with him, which is obviously sell him or extend him. I mean from the outside looking in it seems more like Saka and Martinelli need extending because of their importance to the team and Saliba needs extending to protect his value.

Louis E: Will the club enter into contract extension discussions for Martinelli, Saka and Saliba ASAP?

Contact renewals for all of those players are expected to be on the agenda for 2022, Louis.

New deals for Martinelli and Bukayo Saka are obviously a priority, but I think the interesting one to watch here is William Saliba. Like the others, his Arsenal contract expires in 2024. After the best part of three seasons on loan, Arsenal are in a position where they arguably need to renew his deal or sell him.

Current indications are that Saliba is minded to return to Arsenal next season and compete for a first-team place. Whether he is prepared to follow through and commit to signing a new contract remains to be seen.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Doesn't really say Saliba is a priority. Seems more like speculating what the club will choose to do with him, which is obviously sell him or extend him. I mean from the outside looking in it seems more like Saka and Martinelli need extending because of their importance to the team and Saliba needs extending to protect his value.

Louis E: Will the club enter into contract extension discussions for Martinelli, Saka and Saliba ASAP?

Contact renewals for all of those players are expected to be on the agenda for 2022, Louis.

New deals for Martinelli and Bukayo Saka are obviously a priority, but I think the interesting one to watch here is William Saliba. Like the others, his Arsenal contract expires in 2024. After the best part of three seasons on loan, Arsenal are in a position where they arguably need to renew his deal or sell him.

Current indications are that Saliba is minded to return to Arsenal next season and compete for a first-team place. Whether he is prepared to follow through and commit to signing a new contract remains to be seen.

Like I mentioned, we're in a good position with Saliba. The issue is Edu. Chelsea/Liverpool would sell this guy for 60M+

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This right thing to do Martinelli and Saka are key part for our future. We tie up Tierney and ESR last summer who both have long term future only remain those 3 guys and I'm confident all will sign. Saliba will be one that complicated because he not got his chance and might don't want to make a mistake but we already have space for him and he likely competing with white and Gabriel next season so i think we'll extend him for 2 more years.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Saka and Martinelli need brought into the contract room, offered a 2 year extension or more if they want and given north of 100k. Doesn't have to be much more but these guys need rewarded. They are important first team players.

If Soares is on like 50-60k these guys need double.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Saka and Martinelli need brought into the contract room, offered a 2 year extension or more if they want and given north of 100k. Doesn't have to be much more but these guys need rewarded. They are important first team players.

If Soares is on like 50-60k these guys need double.
Mari was rumoured yo be on £85k a week. Three year extension needed so we can pull the trigger on Arteta with a comfort zone for the next guy

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If he asks for too much, Villa have got a golden glove and WC winner that only cost half the price, and whose currently on £11K/week less than Ramsdale. Might be worth a punt.

Turner is clear of both.

The guy should’ve been team of the tournament in the World Cup.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Ramsdale getting new contract then Ben White more deserving to get new contract as well.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
If Ramsdale getting new contract then Ben White more deserving to get new contract as well.

White might be on a much better contract, though. As far as I understand, Ramsdale's contract isn't reflecting he's a starting GK... He possibly accepted lower terms thinking he'll be behind Leno at the time.

Interesting bits from that Gunnerblog piece are:

- Contract talks accelerating after WC for Saka, Martinelli, and Saliba.
- Saliba's representatives are stalling over a new contract because wages are lower than expected for the length of the contract (we're trying to Harry Kane him basically), but the player seems keen on signing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Feel all our key players will sign new deals this season, tbh...we are in a good place right now, and we are the best place for their (short term, at least for now) futures.

When we have Champions League qualification wrapped up, or it's close to being wrapped up... that's when the likes of Saka/Saliba will commit, as they deserve to play in that competition from next season on.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Feel all our key players will sign new deals this season, tbh...we are in a good place right now, and we are the best place for their (short term, at least for now) futures.

When we have Champions League qualification wrapped up, or it's close to being wrapped up... that's when the likes of Saka/Saliba will commit, as they deserve to play in that competition from next season on.
Saka is a matter of time and Martinelli too. Basically down to wages and contract length at some point they will all meet in the middle and agree. Both seem Arsenal men and happy to commit their short term and long term future to the club knowing they can still move on in 2 or 3 years before even entering their peak years.

Saliba is the one we may have to work harder for. 1 year left in summer and half of Europe's elite will be interested in him. Thats a strong position when at the negotiating table. Rudiger is getting 400k a week at Real as he was a free agent. The likes of Real would happily offer say 20-30m to sign him and 200k a week. So we will need to at least get close to that figure.

If we can get Saka, Martinelli and Saliba tied up on new contracts for a combined 500k a week that would be decent business in my opinion.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
White might be on a much better contract, though. As far as I understand, Ramsdale's contract isn't reflecting he's a starting GK... He possibly accepted lower terms thinking he'll be behind Leno at the time.

Interesting bits from that Gunnerblog piece are:

- Contract talks accelerating after WC for Saka, Martinelli, and Saliba.
- Saliba's representatives are stalling over a new contract because wages are lower than expected for the length of the contract (we're trying to Harry Kane him basically), but the player seems keen on signing.
Give Saliba whatever he wants. If you have a kid who could genuinely be the best defender in the world in your ranks then you do what you need to do to keep him. You can't win what we allegedly want to win without players of this ilk.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I read somewhere that Ramsdale’s on £30k a week? Bumper contract makes sense.

I don’t agree with the “give Saliba, Saka and Martinelli what they want” rhetoric, that’s the attitude that led us to problems in the past. Club comes first, and every player is expendable, you have to do things in the right way.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom