• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player ratings against City

Timleaf

Established Member
At one point the bloke sitting next to me and I almost had to laugh as Richards came over and it looked like City had taken the unprecedented decision to man-mark theo with 3 players. Anyway, this created space for others and helped us win the midfield 'battle', amongst other things.

Timleaf

Established Member
General said:
Lovely day, sun was out, felt like summer and we got the job done.

Everyone gets a pat on the back. Not Howard Webb though. What a c**t. He simply can't erase the impression that he has some sort of personal vendetta against us. Didn't take long for people to start getting on his back.

Aye, nice carnival atmosphere today. Nobody played badly, although Clichy looked a bit wobbly.

ibby

Established Member
Ah the old you're not allowed to comment because you weren't at the game.

What I seen was Theo continually running into people, mis-placing passes, running into space where not even Bergkamp would have found him and making poor decisions time and time again. I nor anyone else don't need to be at the game to see this.

Oh and kudos for going to the game.

Timleaf

Established Member
ibby said:
What I seen was Theo continually running into people, mis-placing passes, running into space where not even Bergkamp would have found him and making poor decisions time and time again. I nor anyone else don't need to be at the game to see this.

What you saw was not wrong, it just wasn't the full picture. To have a player like Theo that terrifies the opposition is naturally going to effect the balance of the game.

Anyway I edited my last post, because I came off sounding like a c*nt! :p

outlaw_member

Established Member
quincy42 said:
some of the Walcott ratings lead me to believe that Arsenal-Mania heads love to see a lot of activity, regardless of how productive it is. fair play to the boy for being energetic today, but he was not our best player.

100% agreed. I'm miffed at some of the Walcott ratings in this thread. Walcott was very busy today, but his final ball was almost always lacking. His cross for Gallas was brilliant by the way, but he was found wanting on many ocassions. Endeavour gets far more credit, than it deserves.

I agree with Big Poppa's point aswell, and Ricky's assertion that Walcott is better on the left wing.

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia: 7

Sagna: 7
Touré: 7
Gallas: 7
Clichy: 6

Walcott: 6
Song: 7
Cesc: 8
Denilson: 6

Arshavin: 5
Adebayor: 8

SUBS:
Eboue: 6
Ramsey: 6
Bendtner: 5

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Almunia-7

Sagna-7
Touré-7.5
Gallas-7
Clichy-7

Walcott-7
Song-7
Cesc-8.5
Denilson-6.5

Arshavin-6.5
Adebayor-8

Subs

Eboue-6
Ramsey-6
Bendtner-6

Anzac

Established Member
Erm - just a small point re the formations indicated in the ratings = we didn't play 442 today - we played 4231 / 433 with Cesc ahead of Song & Denilson as the central trio & Theo & AA as wide AMs.

Biggus

Established Member
lagos said:
quincy42 said:
some of the Walcott ratings lead me to believe that Arsenal-Mania heads love to see a lot of activity, regardless of how productive it is. fair play to the boy for being energetic today, but he was not our best player.

I remmember a time when Flaminni used to run up and down, headless chicken was a frequently used term on the forum then. The moral of the story is If the fans like you nothing else matters, if they don't.....well then you have to be exceptional on the pitch not to get slaughtered!

This is true, :lol: guilty as charged.....I loved Flamini just like I loved Parlour, and love Theo & Toure. These guys may not have had the technique (although did you see Toure today :wink: ) of others but they always look like they're giving 110%. Nothing angers me more than a player jogging around chewing gum, smiling & joking with the opposition. We all have our favourite players and I will never like some of our present team- although I will admit when they play well.

Anzac

Established Member
IMO it comes down to end product & it is too easy to look very busy without one.

Flamini had end product prior to our match V NUFC where he scored - after that he was playing for himself & not the team. Theo had little end product today & Eboue usually has none, as does Toure when he brings the ball forward - I f*cking hate to see him on the ball & waving players to get upfield - he's as guilty as anyone in slowing our play down & encouraging our attack to get too far ahead of the ball & then compress against the defence.

Biggus

Established Member
Well Anzac today everyone looked like they cared and put in physically and you see the result, even Denilson and Song competed for every ball.....So all is well.

banduan

Established Member
almunia 7 - a few good saves to make
sagna 7 - usual good defense, usual poor attacks
gallas 7 - strayed a bit once but good
toure 8 - excellent performance, king kolo once again
clichy 6 - that bit of dodginess happening again
denilson 7 - hoovered up lose balls, little else
song 8 - outstanding tackling, shame he's so slow
theo 6 - not great, that knee's still wonky
cesc 7 - lil maestro moments we love watching
arshavin 6 - man did not get involved enough
adebayoooooooor 7 - not awesome yet an effortless brace

all subs 6 - bright but without the end product

stiiphunn

Established Member
Almunia 7
Sagna 7
Touré 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 6 - had a bit of trouble with SWP
Song 8
Fabregas 8
Denilson 7 - misplaced a few passes in the first half and forgot to mark his man once, but other than that I thought he was very good and won the ball back many times.
Walcott 5 - average. He ran a lot but that's about it.
Adebayor 8
Arshavin 5 - meh, average just like walcott.

Eboue 7 - another good performance from him. I don't know what happened to him but for a while now he's doing almost everything right when he's on the pitch.
Bendtner 6

hesham

Established Member
Almunia: 7 Nice stop, good reactions

Sagna: 7 Bags of energy
Touré: 7 Solid
Gallas: 7 Solid
Clichy: 6

Walcott: 6 Good dribbling, still poor end product
Song: 7.5 Good game, done his job well
Cesc: 8.5 SOO glad he is back, focal ppoint to everything good that happen on the pitch
Denilson: 7 Average 1st half, brilliant 2nd. maybe the best i have seen from him
Arshavin: 6 some nice moments but largely ineffective
Adebayor: 8 Two good goals, great to see him back

qs

Established Member
lagos said:
quincy42 said:

I remmember a time when Flaminni used to run up and down, headless chicken was a frequently used term on the forum then. The moral of the story is If the fans like you nothing else matters, if they don't.....well then you have to be exceptional on the pitch not to get slaughtered!

Its a bit chicken egg though isn't it. Why do fans like players in the first place? Usually because they give them reason to, same goes for when people don't like players.

Look at Almunia, hugely unpopular last summer now 95% of fans and forumers have accepted and even grown to like him. He's completely turned my view on him and now I've loads of time for him.

If players are generally liked or disliked theres usually a good reason for it.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
qs said:
lagos said:
quincy42 said:

Its a bit chicken egg though isn't it. Why do fans like players in the first place? Usually because they give them reason to, same goes for when people don't like players.

Look at Almunia, hugely unpopular last summer now 95% of fans and forumers have accepted and even grown to like him. He's completely turned my view on him and now I've loads of time for him.

Its because Theo is English and Almunia is trying to qualify for England!!!! jokes aside I agree if a player becomes a fan favourite it is usually with good reason.

hackajack

Established Member
qs said:
I'm not sure about that. I think they get haloes or horns early doors without real good reason much of the time. Clichy for example has had a shockingly poor season but he's got a halo so he's not getting much flak.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom