• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player ratings against City

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Almunia: 7

Sagna: 7
Touré: 7
Gallas: 7
Clichy: 6

Walcott: 6
Song: 7
Cesc: 8
Denilson: 6

Arshavin: 6
Adebayor: 8

Eboue: 5
Ramsey: 6
Bendtner: 5

Anzac

Established Member
hackajack said:
qs said:
If players are generally liked or disliked theres usually a good reason for it.
I'm not sure about that. I think they get haloes or horns early doors without real good reason much of the time. Clichy for example has had a shockingly poor season but he's got a halo so he's not getting much flak.

Agreed.

Some will say that he's not getting protection / help from the wide players in advance of him, but the reality is he's been deficient in his defending around the area one v one.

Anzac

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
Almunia 7
Sagna 7
Touré 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 6 - had a bit of trouble with SWP
Song 8
Fabregas 8
Denilson 7 - misplaced a few passes in the first half and forgot to mark his man once, but other than that I thought he was very good and won the ball back many times.
Walcott 5 - average. He ran a lot but that's about it.
Adebayor 8
Arshavin 5 - meh, average just like walcott.

Eboue 7 - another good performance from him. I don't know what happened to him but for a while now he's doing almost everything right when he's on the pitch.Bendtner 6

For me Eboue has continued to do nothing of late to warrant a 7 - even when he scored that brace. He fails to provide width, continually comes infield with / without the ball, and has little or no end product of any description. He used to cross the ball when he was FB, but we're seeing less & less of this as he plays more forward.

He is the very worst of a busy player doing nothing - the epitomy of the headless chook, and he continues to flatter to decieve. IMO Eboue plays with the freedom that AA should be given, and Eboue should remain within 2 metres of the sideline, if not the other side of it.

banduan

Established Member
I think people are very much influenced by the start of the season. Clichy was playing very well until somewhere about Spuds at home.

Biggus

Established Member
qs said:
Its a bit chicken egg though isn't it. Why do fans like players in the first place? Usually because they give them reason to, same goes for when people don't like players.

Look at Almunia, hugely unpopular last summer now 95% of fans and forumers have accepted and even grown to like him. He's completely turned my view on him and now I've loads of time for him.

:idea: Err 'cos hes not crap anymore and makes less stupid mistakes and doesn't say stupid things.

Do I get a gold star? ;D

Anzac said:
Eboue should remain within 2 metres of the sideline, if not the other side of it.

:lol: His ideal position is right back.......

In the stands.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Almunia: 8.5 . He has improved a lot, I have bow to him.... Shown his worth when we need him

Sagna: 7 Untroubled... I can't even remember who played in Manc C left flank
Touré: 7 I love his run... He has shown that he can dribble in the proper place
Gallas: 7 Nice game... And love his goal hungry attitude
Clichy: 5 Got caught sleeping several times... especially during the first half

Walcott: 7 Good pace and shot power... but always gives me a heart attack every time he fell down
Song: 9 Unsong hero... always in the right place at the right time, and no-one realize that
Cesc: 7.5 several great pass as usual but never pass to Arshavin.... communication problem?
Denilson: 6 Nice and tidy.. nothing fancy and there is no need to be fancy

Arshavin: 6 Not enough pass to him, Love his Pires style link up with Ade though
Adebayor: 8 Nothing to say, 2 goals says them all

Eboue: 6.5 Nice run, almost an assist for Bendy
Ramsey: 6.5 Good lad, he can dictate a game ala Gerrard
Bendtner: 6 Decent, but nothing worth to comment on

Wenger : 8 – Rotate dude, rotate!

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Biggus said:
qs said:
Its a bit chicken egg though isn't it. Why do fans like players in the first place? Usually because they give them reason to, same goes for when people don't like players.

Look at Almunia, hugely unpopular last summer now 95% of fans and forumers have accepted and even grown to like him. He's completely turned my view on him and now I've loads of time for him.

:idea: Err 'cause hes not crap anymore and makes less stupid mistakes and doesn't say stupid things.

Do I get a gold star? ;D

You get "Global Moderator" tag big.

Yeah Al has improved...

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
To be fair, Al's been great for most of the season but he was still heavily questioned as soon as a goalkick didn't end up at the right adress up until somewhere around february or so. Labels stick, I think that's a fact. Some are just harder to remove than others.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How 'bout Gallas then,
A-M posters always have selective memory when a chance or a goal involves Gallas.
i.e Martins' goal noone realized (bar Hack) how Sagna made a woeful backpass header to start the problem,
and Fernandes' shot yesterday, it was Clichy who played Fernandes on-side

Oh well.... I can't say I am innocent but I would love to forget many things in my life

True Gooner

Established Member
Bendtner's touch soon after he came on was absolutely sublime. He's certainly got the ability, he just needs to apply himself more.

I'm now confident he'll come good just like Adebayor.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom