• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Dinamo Zagreb | 23/08/06

F_Henry

That's how Wenger has been playing lately in CL.- diminate the first leg and slow down the game in the second leg.

We can't really blame the players as much.

A win is a win. Not in Arsenal fashion- but meh

yoshi

I am both Dinamo and Arsenal fan so dont think I am not being objective, or at least doing my best to be that.
I am glad that after this match there is more of you guys who realise that Arsenal is, unfortunately, not playing such a good football at the moment.
They didnt play well at all in Zagreb and they played even worse at home. True, Dinamo played better this match but hey, this still was only Dinamo. How can it happen that Arsenal is losing till 70th minute at home against Dinamo zagreb?
If Arsenal continues playing this way I am not even sure they will finnish the season at the 4th place.
Well, if Djourou was shown a red card for trying to kill Etto, who knows what would happen...
Anyways, Dinamo got 2 goals again that should not get, especially the second one.... that was ridiculous.
Anyways, You must confess that Dinamo is not such a poor team as you thought it is. If only they stop getting such idiotic goals. But I am affraid they will not stop making such stupid mistakes especially since Nowotny is out for who knows how long.
I hope both teams will start playing some better footie.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
maxxspeed said:
Frankly I am not surprise by the performance of Arsenal. Everybody knew that D.Z. was an inferior team to Arsenal, and their was know way in hell that D.Z. was going to get three goals against Arsenal.

I won't pass judgement on their performance tonight. We still won and we play poorly.
New name again Max..?

Almunia - 5
Eboue - 6
Djourou - 6
Toure - 6
Hoyte - 5
Hleb - 6
Fabregas - 6
Flamini - 5
Ljungberg -7
RVP - 7
Adebayor - 5

Chips&CurrySauce

I think a game like last nights shows you that certain players aren't good enough.. I'm not going to go through every player individually, but Hoyte and Flamini are clearly not to the standard.. I honestly expected a bit more from Hoyte and I know he is playing as a emergency left back, but he just seems so nervous and his tackling is terrible and I've yet to see this mazing pace he's ment to posess.

wengerboy

Established Member
flamini isnt gonna be a good DM, the guy has got do many chances there but it still doesnt work. I remember him playing a blinder of a game in DM but thats all.

Hoyte still a bit eraly to call

Gurgen

Established Member
Almunia 5 - Should have saved that shot. Simple as.

Eboue 6 - Didn't really notice him. In his case that's bad.

Toure 5 - Poor tackle that cost us a goal.

Djourou 7 - Composed and surprisingly good in the air as well. I'd still rather have Gallas :wink:

Hoyte 6 - Better game from him but his passing is truly shocking. There was one moment in the second half where Freddie and Ade were open and he decided to go for goal from 30 yards.

Hleb 7 - Thought he was quite good actually. Gave the ball away a few times in the first half, but after that really took the game to them with great dribbling and passing in the middle.

Cesc 5 - Not his usual self. Very sloppy passing and not concentrating either. Almost got Djourou sent off with his carelessness. Didn't bother to track back either.

Flamini 7 - Good game from him, had a lot of ground to cover because of Cesc's negligence and scored the winner. Passed well (and forward too!) but should impose himself a bit more defensively.

Ljungberg 6 - Couldn't really make an impression. Scored the equalizer but otherwise invisible.

Adebayor 5 - Finishing is still a problem. How the hell did he miss that?

RvP 6 - Some brilliant moments and some shocking ones. Needs a good run in the team, needs rhythm. Unfortunately I don't think he's going to get it.

Subs:

Henry 6 - Meh. Unfit but apparently the only one who is allowed/willing to take players on. I don't get it.

Gilberto 6 - Invisible.

Walcott 7 - Another assist. Think he's provided more decent crosses in two games than Aaron Lennon last season.

weelip

Didnt watch the match. But the comments/criticism given to Flamini is incredibly similar to Gilberto's when he is still the "invisible wall". Maybe Flamini will get to be as good as Gilberto when he get more experience? Just a thought.

Gothics

Hoyte was pathetic. Offered close to nothing in the match. Looks uncomfortable at LB and seems to be our weakest link in our team. A 3 for him

Did Flamini played in the game? I did not remember seeing him throughout the game till the 90th min when he scored the winner. I give him a 4 cos he scored the winner. If not, he will get a 2 from me.

I rate the rest a 6.

asajoseph

Established Member
Thought Hleb was good actually - although gave away one pass which was a bit crap, and probably explains why so many seem to have thrown the baby out with the bathwater. Generally though, he makes himself available everywhere, tries to drive the ball forwards, and does make some very important passes. Needs to shoot more, but his overall game is still very good (and valuable) for us at the moment.

Was disappointed with Cesc last night, to be honest. We've come to expect a lot more from him.

patrick42uk

Established Member
hleb is a player i'd enjoy playing with in my 5 a saide team. he passes and moves and links e.t.c. In a 11-a-side game however, he never threatens to score or assist. he basically seems to be doing the same thing as cesc. so we are forgoing two things from the past, precence in the middle and goals from the wings to have hleb and cesc making pretty patterns with their passing.

jeremiesgirl

Ratings are mich poorer than I expected. No they didnt perform the best they had ever done but I think there is some harsh comments on here. In my opinion, Hleb, Cesc & Hoyte all struggled - one of the worst matches I had seen Cescy play for a long time.

Whats all this saying Flamini was invisible - what rubbish - he was let down by the people around him and he was very much involved - lets be thanking him for scoring the first match winner at our new Emirates stadium! I think people expect miracles sometimes - more appreciation should be aimed at players when they have a good influential match, just like Freddie Ljunberg and a good performance by the "wonderkid" Theo.

Saville

Gothics said:
Hoyte was pathetic. Offered close to nothing in the match. Looks uncomfortable at LB and seems to be our weakest link in our team. A 3 for him

Did Flamini played in the game? I did not remember seeing him throughout the game till the 90th min when he scored the winner. I give him a 4 cos he scored the winner. If not, he will get a 2 from me.

I rate the rest a 6.

i thought Hoyte did alright, wasnt that bad, he made some good runs and done a good turn to set Ljunberg free.

anesumachoko

to be honest l have always felt that the sign of good teams is that even when things are not going well for them they m,anage to grind a result and this was just an indication of that.I felt the 3 goal cussion did not make the players want to commit more because no one wants to get injured when things aren't so bad and when it is a new season.I think we will get our rythm at manchester city and send a strong message to the rest of the premiership

Gort

weelip said:
Didnt watch the match. But the comments/criticism given to Flamini is incredibly similar to Gilberto's when he is still the "invisible wall". Maybe Flamini will get to be as good as Gilberto when he get more experience? Just a thought.

I watched it last night and find it hilarious that people are slating him. It's the same arguments that are labelled at Gilberto, who you only notice when he's not playing; same with Flamini, too. Sure, he could well have played better, but he was let down by an off-form Fabregas and Hleb. Heck, some here that it's the Flamini show or something, with no others involved.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Almunia 4 - If Lehmann gets injured and we have to put him in goal I think we may aswell call it a day. He was simply awful, he should have saved the shot, although the defense was to blame. His kicking of the ball confuses me, how can someone who has played professional football so long kick like that... Not Arsenal quality.

Eboue 6 - Didnt do much and made a couple of mistakes.

Toure 5 - I've not seen him play so average for a long time, not to mention his mistake that cost us the goal.

Djourou 7 - Didnt have a bad game, put the effort in.

Hoyte 6 - Not as bad as his last game but still not the quality you expect at Arsenal, his vision and awareness is awful, so many time he could have picked out a pass and didnt.

Hleb 6 - Tried to get stuck in and move the ball about but looked by rusty, passes got misplaced, ran into people, tripped over the ball etc.

Cesc 5 - His passing and posistioning was awful and at times got in peoples way.

Flamini 7 - Not bad from him passed quite well and moved about a lot, and ofcourse got a goal.

Ljungberg 6 - Didnt do a great deal, but i think thats more down to the poor passing when he made runs or got into posistions.

Adebayor 5 - Awful miss, at times to kick the ball aimlessly or ran hoping to go somewhere without really looking around him.

RvP 7 - Put the effort in, got a few chances, needs match practise.

Subs:

Henry 6 - Came on and made sure we got the second, took players on and perhaps sparked a bit of life into some of the sleeping players.

Gilberto 5 - Didnt really make an impact.

Walcott 6 - Yet another assist for him, great for his confidence and seems to have been working on a few movements with Henry. :wink:

enki

how many times b4 have i heard gooners complained that arsenal can only win pretty. now we have added another elements to our game where we can grind out result even when we not playing well and suddenly some gooners are offended that we win ugly. make up your damn mind

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
well, shall contribute a short rating for them. not too impressed by our performance yesterday

almunia 6 - cant really be faulted with the goal
hoyte 5 - well, not i am really convinced he cant play leftback, definitely not good enough for us unless he can improve dramatically
djourou 5.5 - very slack during first half, too complacant for my liking
toure 5.5 - gave the first goal too cheaply away
eboue 6 - did ok
hleb 6 - didnt remember him contributing alot.
flamini 6 - well this headless chicken is improving, but not fast enough
cesc 6 - not influential
ljungberg 6 - 10 marks for trying, 6 marks for the end product
rvp 6.5 - had a decent game, unlucky not to get a goal
ade 4 - ffs, he needs to finish

Viper

Established Member
Almunia 5 - Was at fault for the goal

Hoyte 5 - Looked out of depth at left back.

Toure 5.5 - Not one of his better games.

Djourou 6 - Rather poor in the first half but

Eboue 6 - Seemed good going forward but made a msitake or two

Hleb 5 - Drifted in central midfield far too many times. Didn't help our attack as he made it too narrow. Also his passing was poor.

Fabregas 5.5 - Was rather poor but Hleb drifting in his position didn't help.

Flamini 6 - Got a goal but was a headless chicken at times

Ljungberg 6.5 - Quite good. Showed good work rate and was good in attack. Scored a decent goal too.

Van Persie 7 - Man of the match. Was our main threat and was the only one that looked like scoring. Got an assist.

Adebayor 4.5 - Missed a sitter and miscontrolled the ball a lot.

Gilberto 7 - Sorted out our midfield.

Henry 6.5 - Was involved in the second goal.

Walcott 7 - Got the assist and improved out attack by providing width.

We need to shoot more, and play with more width (Hleb is guilty for the lack of width).

pg1989

Almunia 5
Eboue 6
Hoyte 5
Toure 6
Djourou 6
Hleb 5
Ljungberg 7.5
Fabregas 6
Flamini 6.5
Ade 5
Rvp 7.5

Henry 7
Walcott 7
Gilberto 7

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom