• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Porto vs Arsenal | 10/12/08

gstew

Re: Porto 2 Arsenal 0 - Match Ratings

arsmile said:
gstew said:
Denilson - 2.5 Still not good enough to get playing time for Arsenal.

Song - 7 Played well, but was stuck with a horrendous partner.

i think it was the other way round, but whatever, doesnt matter tonight.

I might be biased towards Song and against Denilson, but I will give you my reasoning.

Denilson does nothing better than average and he is pushed off the ball quite easily. He has shown no improvement since his arrival. As for tonight, I thought that he gave the ball away on passes numerous times with little pressure on him.

I think Song is judged harshly because of his style and body type. It makes him appear dramatically slower than he really is. He is almost never beaten for pace, is rarely pushed off the ball and is a good tackler. Tonight he did misplace a few passes, but I also felt that his positioning was very good and that he covered for some awful defending by others.

To me Denilson does not seem an Arsenal player, but Song does.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

Another thing about Wilshere, he loves a good tackle and to get stuck in, how many of our other 'wingers' can say that.

True Gooner

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
Another about Wilshere, he loves a good tackle and to get stuck in, how many of our other 'wingers' can say that.

Rosicky! :mrgreen:

Invincible

Established Member

Almunia - 5 Decent
Gallas - 3 ****
Djourou - 6 OK
Silvestre - 4 No comment
Eboue - 5 Poor
Song - 4 Poor
Denilson - 3 ****
Diaby - 3 ****
Ramsey - 7 Our best player
Vela - 5 Meh
Bendtner - 2 Utter ****

Wilshere - 6
Gibbs - 5
Randall - 5

dos1986

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
Another about Wilshere, he loves a good tackle and to get stuck in, how many of our other 'wingers' can say that.

Why does a winger have to get stuck in?

When they do, you know its because they lack something.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

dos1986 said:
SimplyFabregas said:

It doesnt hurt does it, to have somebody show abit of fight and he is a better winger creative wise than anyone else we have fit anyway.

No surprise to see you go against popular opinion again though.

General

Established Member

Eboue is fighting so many demons in his head at the moment. There was one tackle where the Porto player could've easily made a meal of it and got him sent off. He gets a 3 from me just for showing up.

Positives today were Jack, Vela and Djourou.

IBL

Established Member

I missed the first 30 mins but from what I saw the only players to come out of it with any credit were Ramsey, Djourou & Wilshere, also Al didnt do anything particularly wrong.

Gotta say that Denilson, Silvestre and Bendtner were exceptionally shocking, so very slow and sloppy, the others were just averagely bad

dos1986

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
dos1986 said:
SimplyFabregas said:

It doesnt hurt does it, to have somebody show abit of fight and he is a better winger creative wise than any one else we have fit anyway.

No surprise to see you go against popular opinion again though.

I think he's ok, just saying fella's that work hard do so because they need to please.I dont like that, I prefer the other type

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

dos1986 said:
I think he's ok, just saying fella's that work hard do so because they need to please.I dont like that, I prefer the other type

So you don't like players that work hard for the team, how very strange.

So you like the Bendtner type?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
dos1986 said:

:lol:

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

Almunia - 5
Gallas - 3
Djourou - 6
Silvestre - C
Eboue - 4
Song - 4
Denilson - 3
Diaby - 3
Ramsey - 5
Vela - 4
Bendtner - 3

Wilshere - 6
Gibbs - 5
Randall - 5

ricky1985

Established Member

Wilshere in a year or two is going to be absolutely incredible.

dos1986

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
dos1986 said:

I didnt say lazy, I said other type!

A winger who can do damage.Game is full of workers with some skill, maybe im losing sight?

General

Established Member

Ice Berg legend said:
I missed the first 30 mins but from what I saw the only players to come out of it with any credit were Ramsey, Djourou & Wilshere, also Al didnt do anything particularly wrong.

He had a good shot which the keeper palmed away and showed a few neat touches but that was it. He was close to ineffective till hauled off. He's still young but I honestly fail to see any outstanding qualities in him like you do with Jack or Vela for example. I think the kid has been hyped beyond all reality.

I'd say Vela, Jack and Djourou were the standouts tonight.

lagos

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
Wilshere in a year or two is going to be absolutely incredible.

hey hey Jack's mine, stay away! I'll do the bigging up thank-you :D

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom