• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa | 15/11/08

DC Gunner

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Aston Villa Player Ratings

Almunia 6.5 PK save should count for something
Sagna 6 why cross if no one is there !!?
Clichy 5 more erratic this season.
Gallas 5
Silvestre 6.5

Walcott 6 He tries, but still can not decide between passing or shooting, ends up screwing both.
Denilson 4 oh well, one good long pass made me optimistic, then giving the ball away and getting pushed around made me wonder
Fabregas 5 I don't know what he is doing anymore
Nasri 5 looked like good with space but not very able to create his own space when needed

Diaby 5.5 what position was he playing, again !!
Bendtner 4 A football player with no ball control, now that is something, loved it when he went on the wings and gave the ball to Nasri and stayed near him, like WHO IS HE GOING TO CROSS TO, YOU nitwit !?

hujja

Established Member

Aluminium: 4

The rest: 0

Arsène: 100 for maintaining a clueless facade for three seasons running. Quite an achievement!

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Almunia - 6 - save a peno but could've done better with the second conceded goal.
Sagna - 5
Gallas - 4
Silverstre - 5
Clichy - 5 - seldom went forward, didn't mark Agbonholar tight enough
Theo - 6 - tried hard
Cesc - 5 - very poor
Denilson - 5 - generally poor, he had a tendency of losing his marking in the box, eg. Barry's shot at 33th min.
Nasri - 5 - Seemed his moing to the center/right position make Clichy have less connection on the wide left
Diaby - 5 - Defense-wise, not quick enough to get himself behind the ball. Being outmuscled too easily. Attacking-wise, didn't hold the second ball off Niklas well. He looked struggling to cover both the attacking and defending. Simply stretched himself too much.
Bendter - 3 - effing shocking poor. Davis and Lausen splited thes striker and pocketed each half of the young Dane.

Sub:
Adebayor - 5 - tried hard
Vela - 5 - tried hard
Kolo - 5 - tried hard

O'Neil - 8 - for his team's tactical execusion. Barry, Sidwell, Lausen, DAvis were very solid. Abhonlar was superb clinical. Villa were physical but generally fair. BTW, Ashely is a diving c'nt and he always is.

Riley - 4 - stupid decision in rewarding Ashley with that spot kick. But was fair to both sides.

Wenger - 4 - The team lost, at home, with no midweek game. The team had no quality final balls. Defensively, our defenders their one-on-one battles against Agbonholar, both in terms of man-marking and ball challenging. I was perplexed by Almunia's constant long balls in the first half. Bendtner simply couldn't hold the ball and Villa's defenders easily regained the possession. Not to mention our midfielders looked a bit lost due to the ball hoofing. I don't understand why no instruction from the tactical area in the first half. Wenger must have seen the results of Al's ball hoofing but surprisily he didn't say anything. However, the team got the ball playing on the gournd much more in the second half.

Only a third of the fixture is gone and the team has lost four games. We're close to the Moment of Truth. So is Wenger and his team. I don't expect the team will reach this stage so soon, especially before X'mas.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

DC Gunner said:
Bendtner 4 A football player with no ball control, now that is something, loved it when he went on the wings and gave the ball to Nasri and stayed near him, like WHO IS HE GOING TO CROSS TO, YOU nitwit !?
:lol: We don't have anyone that can head the ball well with regularity anyway. Well, Bendtner maybe ...

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

Almunia 4
Sagna 5
Gallas 4
Silvester 5
Clichy 5
Walcott 3
Denilson 4
Fabregas 3
Nasri 3
Bendtner 3

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

kamikaze80 said:
almunia - 5 - saved a weak penalty. failed to come out for balls that were reachable and benefitted from some poor villa finishing. poor positioning to be beat at the near post once again. no one will miss him when he leaves.
fking spot on. I hate the way he always stay on his line for balls thats reachable.

progman07

Established Member

kamikaze80 said:
not sure why i'm bothering. i guess i'm bored.

almunia - 5 - saved a weak penalty. failed to come out for balls that were reachable and benefitted from some poor villa finishing. poor positioning to be beat at the near post once again. no one will miss him when he leaves.
Hah, saved a weak penalty. Tell me, what other sorts of penalties are saved? If a penalty is taken well not even Casillas can save it. STILL(!) the keeper should be applauded for saving any kinds of penalties, because the pressure is very high, and he still had to keep it out.
I also hate how he never gets out for the crosses, so that's something we agree on.
He isn't the one to blame the goals in my opinion, but it comes without saying that we could do with a better keeper.

IBL

Established Member

I missed the first 20 mins cos the bloody card didnt scan but I doubt it made much difference

Almunia 5 - at least he saved a goal, but still not happy with the second goal conceded

Sagna 5 - ok til he got injured
Gallas 4 - shaky and unconvincing
Silvest 5.5 - tried at least to make things happen
Clichy 4 - uncharacteristiclly poor, got beaten numerous times and the useless crossing continues

Walcott 6 - only decent attacker, wish he took his man on more often though
Cesc 3 - diabolical
Denilson 4.5 - not terribly good but not entirely his fault for being played in this position
Nasri 5 - no penetration at all

Diaby 4 - some good dribbles, thats it
Bendtner 3 - hopeless

SUBS
Ade 6 - came on and made a difference, hit the post
Vela 5 - little impact
Toure 6 - this is why we love Kolo, comes on and straight away bulldozing his way through and trying to make things happen

hackajack

Established Member

Ice Berg legend said:
I missed the first 20 mins cause the bloody card didnt scan but I doubt it made much difference
You missed the best bits, a super ball by Denilson and a few nice things from Diaby.

IBL

Established Member

hackajack said:
Ice Berg legend said:
I missed the first 20 mins cause the bloody card didnt scan but I doubt it made much difference
You missed the best bits, a super ball by Denilson and a few nice things from Diaby.
Bloody great, I missed our only highlights of the game

Biggus

Established Member

I don't blame individual players anymore. It's all Wenger's fault, the wrong style of play, the wrong players, the wrong formation, the wrong direction taken by him, his time is up.

progman07

Established Member

Biggus said:
I don't blame individual players anymore. It's all Wenger's fault, the wrong style of play, the wrong players, the wrong formation, the wrong direction taken by him, his time is up.
There is some truth in that. If a player makes a mistake once, it is the player's fault. If he keeps making the same mistakes game after game, it is the manager's fault, because his job is to make sure the players improve. Also, many problems have tactical/psychological connection, which is also the manager's fault.

TomasCR

Established Member

That´s what I was trying to say Progman, Denilson has shown he is not the best player to be used as a DM, Wenger sees it and is there to make a change. He didn´t and that´s why all the blame has to go on his shoulders...

progman07

Established Member

TomasCR said:
That´s what I was trying to say Progman, Denilson has shown he is not the best player to be used as a DM, Wenger sees it and is there to make a change. He didn´t and that´s why all the blame has to go on his shoulders...
Denilson is a bit different. Wenger can tell him to tackle, but Denilson is just too weak and slow. He is muscled out in the midfield, thus we lose too many balls. Of course, Wenger is also faulty, insisting on him, and then there are the tactical aspects, which of course should be explained to him by Wenger.

gstew

Almunia 7 Could have done better for the second goal

Sagna 6.5
Clichy 6.5 Always puts in greatest effort on team...tough own goal
Gallas 6.5 2nd goal not his fault..did his best, but Gabby too fast
Silvestre 7.5 Had a good game, but I still do not understand how he is ahead of Djourou. DJ is fourth choice, but IMO he should be first CB on team sheet

Walcott 6 Was average, but great setup for Cesc towards the end
Denilson 4 Wenger and I seem to be watching two completely different players
Fabregas 4 His worst performance of the season. His play has been dropping for the past few weeks
Nasri 5 Was average, but lost the ball less than other midfielders
Diaby 4 Like usual, he slows our play down and doesn't apply enough effort.

Bendtner 1.5 Atrocious......absolutely atrocious

kamikaze80

Established Member

progman07 said:
Denilson is a bit different. Wenger can tell him to tackle, but Denilson is just too weak and slow. He is muscled out in the midfield, thus we lose too many balls.
it has nothing to do with denilson getting outmuscled, as i dont really that. all of denilson's mistakes are mental. he refuses to track runners when he can, and he refuses to give crisp, quick passes forward when he is capable of doing so.

i cant believe we're sacrificing another season to give him on-the-job training. then when fabregas leaves, we'll have to do the same with ramsey for a year or two, during which i'm sure adebayor will leave as well. where does it end? wenger needs to stop the cycle now and buy a ready-made CM.

progman07

Established Member

kamikaze80 said:
progman07 said:
Denilson is a bit different. Wenger can tell him to tackle, but Denilson is just too weak and slow. He is muscled out in the midfield, thus we lose too many balls.
it has nothing to do with denilson getting outmuscled, as i dont really that. all of denilson's mistakes are mental. he refuses to track runners when he can, and he refuses to give crisp, quick passes forward when he is capable of doing so.

i cant believe we're sacrificing another season to give him on-the-job training. then when fabregas leaves, we'll have to do the same with ramsey for a year or two, during which i'm sure adebayor will leave as well. where does it end? wenger needs to stop the cycle now and buy a ready-made CM.
I'd say it is the mixture of mental, tactical, and physical problems. He is falling on his arse in every minute, watch any game. They foul us in the middle third so much, because Denilson is a featherweight. He can't win 60-40s, let alone 50-50s. Sometimes i see him running behind the attacking midfielder, trying to track back, but he is too slow. Then sometimes of course he doesn't even try.

Anyways, I think we can agree that Denilson is one of the main culprits for our terrible season. If you asked an Arsenal fan, who should be replaced immidiately, he'd say "Denilson, and get in a real DM". The other players suffer from Wenger's bad tactics, so they don't get as much of the blame, but Denilson wouldn't do well even with a best tactician in the world at our bench.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice

bluenaz said:
Almunia 1
Sagna 1
Clichy 1
Gallas 1
Silvestre 1
Walcott 1
Denilson 1
Fabregas -1
Nasri 1
Diaby 1
Bendtner 0

Adebayor 1
Vela 1
Touré 1
Right now that sums it up for me as well, the whole team were dire.

King Puck Paddy

1970*Gooner said:
bluenaz said:
Almunia 1
Sagna 1
Clichy 1
Gallas 1
Silvestre 1
Walcott 1
Denilson 1
Fabregas -1
Nasri 1
Diaby 1
Bendtner 0

Adebayor 1
Vela 1
Touré 1
Right now that sums it up for me as well, the whole team were dire.

Normally I would laugh at the negativity of a post like that but now I feel the same way,their was no effort whatsoever put into the Villa performance.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom