• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield United | 23/09/06

Lukazan

Established Member
Lehmann - 6.5 Not much to do but was rock steady when called upon.
Gallas - 7 Great. On a day that defensive duty was almost completely out the window he got forward well and scored the crucial goal.
Djourou - 6.5 Got forward surprisingly well.
Toure - 7 Typical Toure
Eboue - 7 Great ball for Henry, and charged forward well.
Ljungberg - 5 Not a Freddie hater but he was really poor tbh. I hope the inclusion of Freddie was to simply give Hleb a rest ahead of Porto.
Gilberto - 6 Some crap passing but generally steady.
Fabregas - 6 Not one of his best games but kept things going in midfield.
Rosicky - 6.5 Nothing particularly special but even saying that, he still screams class.
Henry - 7 Could have chocked myself to the deck watching his first half performance but fair play to him, came alive in the second and had a hand in all 3 goals.
Adebayor - 6 Worked really hard but nothing to show for it.

Hleb - 6 Not surprisingly we started putting some great stuff together when he came on.
RVP - 5 Fluffed a shot and put in a decent cross.
Baptista - 6 Great ball for Eboue.

GuNNerZ4LiFe

Djouriou gets an 8 for me. He put himself in. He did look to get himself in trouble but quickly made up for his positioning. And going forward he was pretty damn good.

PaulDavis

Starting 11s:

Jen Lehmann - 6
Emmanuel Eboue - 7
William Gallas - 6.5
Kolo Toure - 7
Johan Djourou - 7.5
Gilberto Silva - 6
Francesc Fabregas - 6
Freddie Ljungberg - 6
Tomas Rosicky - 6
Ade Adebayor - 6
Thierry Henry - 6.5

Substitutes:
Robin Van Persie - 6
Alexandr Hleb - 6
Julio Baptista - 6.5

Jaden

PaulDavis said:
Starting 11s:

Jen Lehmann - 6.5
Emmanuel Eboue - 7
William Gallas - 8
Kolo Toure - 7
Johan Djourou - 7.5
Gilberto Silva - 6
Francesc Fabregas - 6
Freddie Ljungberg - 6
Tomas Rosicky - 6
Ade Adebayor - 6
Thierry Henry - 7

Substitutes:
Robin Van Persie - 6
Alexandr Hleb - 6
Julio Baptista - 6.5

Jameel46

Established Member
Lehmann ---- 6 (nothing to do)
Djourou ----- 8 (very solid)
Toure ------- 7 (did what we expect from him)
Gallas ------- 8 (changed the game for us) (MoTM)
Eboue ------- 7 (did well)
Rosicky ------ 7 (looked sharp but wasn't allowed to do anything)
Gilberto ------ 6 (didn't notice him)
Fabregas ---- 6 (in and out of the game)
Ljungberg ---- 5 (all he did was moan)
Adebayor ---- 6 (had nothing to do but tried)
Henry ------ 7 (shouldn't really be captain if he can't keep his head up)

Hleb ------- 7 (worked hard)
VP -------- 6 (needs to get into some good form)
Baptista --- 6 (didn't effect the game)

Jidex

Jens 6

Eboue 7
Kolo 7
Djorou 8
Gallas 8

Gilberto 6
Fabregas 6
Ljunberg 5
Rosicky 6

Adebayor 6
Henry 7

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Lehmann - 7.5 - got the extra .5 for his clean sheet save at the end of the match.. didnt have to do much, but saved when called upon

Eboue - 7 - was decent... great cross for Henry's goal.. other than that, fairly quiet

Toure - 7.5 - Solid.. looked outfought in the ari a couple times, but solid enough

Djourou - 8 - was the best match i have seen him play.. even got forward a few times...

Gallas - 7.5 - scored our first goal, but was somewhat quiet the rest of the match.. had a chance in the beginning, but duffed a clear shot...

Freddie - 6 - the guy tries his ass off, but has no product.. shots were at the keeper, no crossing, whined every time he got knocked down, first touch was awful, seems to have no pace anymore...

Cesc - 7 - seemed to be closed down in the first half, fairly ineffective.. played better in the second half, took down the ball well for Gallas' goal..

Gilberto - 7 - quiet most of the match.. nothing bad, nothiing great.. i dont like that he seems to give up his leadership when TH is playing... whether he is wearing the band or not, he should always play like he is wearing it..

Rosicky - 7 - Quiet much of the match.. good attackng, but nothing much in the end... tough match for him because of the defensive posture of SU

Ade - 7 - worked hard... not much to show for it.. no shots.. quiet match for the most part

Henry - 7.5 - played MUCH improved in the second half, but was invisible in the first half... obviously played a part in all goals, scoring a header (no, really) to top it off...

Subs -

Hleb - 7 - made some good runs after coming on.. had more space towards the end of the match since SU had to push forward.. may not have been as effective if he was playing in the first half though..

Baps - 7 - released Eboue for his great cross to Henry.. released Henry on the left (which Henry fluffed).. other than that, quiet.. given more time on the pitch, i think he could make a bigger impact

RvP - 6.5 - didnt have a lot to do really.. was at the end of the fantastic passing play between Djourou, Henry & Hleb, only to be blocked.. didnt do much else..

Ratinho

Established Member
Where 1 is poor, 5 is average (not poor!), and 10 is perfect.

Jens 6

Eboue 7
Kolo 7
Djorou 8
Gallas 8

Gilberto 7
Fabregas 6
Ljunberg 6
Rosicky 7

Adebayor 6
Henry - Two ratings as it was that different - 3 first half, 8 second half.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
1=**** off and play in conference
5=not up to normal standards
10=perfect

lehmann - 6 really had nothing to do in the whole match, though made a good save towards the end.

eboue - 7 what a cross. defended well solid. attacking has been good too

toure -6.5 outmuscled by hulse too much for my liking. thought did his job well and put in some good support for our forwards.

djourou - 8 what a game. he is more than a handfull for the sheff forwards midfield and defence. he attacks he defence to great effect. cant see senderos replacing him. freaking good

gallas - 7.5 first goal for the club. good support for our forwards and did very well in defence.

gilberto 5.5 - avg at best

rosicky 6.5 - good running, good passing. still not yet gel into our team.

cesc 6 - gave balls away too much for my liking. showed frustrating and foul tackles at time. not his best

ljungberg 6.5 - freak irritating for sheff defenders. though run run run and create distracton. other than that nothing.

henry 6.5 - piss poor in the first half. hate it when he don't run. give away so many ball and then sulk. his finishing not good today. though put in one simple header. improved performance in the 2nd half. otherwise he would have gotten a 4

ade 6 - a handfull for defender. this guy stops play, heads for people to shoot. a big match player though...

subs.
hleb 6 - nothing much to contribute really
baptista 6 - showed good running. should get a start.
rvp 5 - didnt really touch the ball

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
you gave Gilberto a 5.5, and then in the same breath gave Freddie a 6.5? HAHA

Freddie was by far our worst player on the pitch.. contributed really nothing today.... yet you give Henry the same score (who had a goal and 2 assists)..

vanderguy

Lehmann=7(good game)

Gallas=8.5(solid display with a goal)

Djourou= 8(fantastic defender)

Toure=7.5(good game)

Eboue=8(still needs to work on his crossing)

gilberto=6(quiet game)

Fabregas=6.5(not his best game)

Lgunberg=4(this guy is shockingly bad,his time is up)

Rosicky=6.5(tried his best)

Adebayor=5.5(Back to his old self :( )

Army of Me

Established Member
haven't seen any of the match, gonna watch it on Football First but from these ratings looks like we were pretty average today.

zuberi

i dont agree with some of the ratings..

true, freddie did keep trying and it was his luck that he was fouled continuesly and his shots just didnt work out.

his game was below his usual self, but not worthless
him and gilberto deserve the same ratings 5.5

fabregas had an average game and 6 is what he gets.

and the other ratings i totally agree with...

jay-d

Established Member
I think it's a compliment to Henry how some Bozo's can give him less than 7 when he set up 2 and scored 1.

ashwin_eats

I think today we saw that when we had 2 on the board the other team started to attack and opened up. This helped us as there was more gaps at the back leading to the third and much more chances.
when henry turned it on in the second half we looked good and looked like we could demolish any team(just that 15 minute spell). Why couldnt we start like that and make our cause easier. Why keep it for the end. Just hope that we start our next game much better than this.

But overall the team did well but the midfield lacked creativity today.

Jameel46

Established Member
Blacks Are Red said:
Was anybody here actually at the match.......because I was.

And in no way should Freddie be getting a 4 rating.

freddie was terrible, gave him a 5, like last season he's not himself

All of then deserve to get 8 for their performance although at first i am a little bit worry if we fail to win this game.. the lads stick to Arsène philosophy playing beautiful football...Fisrt half was not convincing but glad that we able to score...nice one from Gallas and a rare great cross from Eboue end up with a rare Henry hender..keep it up..can wait to see us playing Porto...Hidop Arsenal!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom