• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 10/12/06

liridon

lehmann - 7
eboue - 6, he tried to cope with lampard
djourou - 7 very good performance
senderos - 4 many mistakes, we just were lucky
clichy - 7.5 gave his 110%, i was suprised with him
hleb - 6 he missed a great chance
flamini - 7 he scored nice goal and also good in midlfield
gilberto - 8,5 definitely man of the match
cesc - 6 tried
van persie - 7 good work
adebayor - 7 he is getting better and better

All in all we have to thank posts that didnt let us lose this match and i am happy with a draw.

Mostarac

Established Member
Lehmann 4, Clichy 5, Djourou 6, Senderos 6, Eboue 5, Flamini 6, Cesc 7, Gilberto 7, Hleb 7, van Persie 7 and Adebayor 5.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Lehmann - 6.5.. saved us on a few occasions, and the shot was brilliant.. needs to not get so worked up all the time

Eboue - 6... good going forward in the first half.. got RUINED by Robben in the second...
Djourou - 7... was decent,. and outshone Phil by a country mile today
Senderos - 4.. bad, bad performance
Clichy - 7.. thought he did well.. although, most of the attacked came from the other side...

Hleb - 7.. was good creating.. looked lively most of the match.. should have scored his open chance...
Flamini - 6.. as someone else above stated, scored our goal and saved us at the end, and that alone gets him a 6.. otherwise useless most of the match...
Cesc - 6.. quiet game from him... didnt do anything great, but didnt do anything that bad either...
Gilberto - 8.5 (MOTM).. absolutely stellar today...was everywhere, did everything... he raises his game so much more when Henry isnt around.. dont know why, but he shines when TH doesnt play...

Ade - 6.5.. didnt really do all that much, but he was isolated for much of the match as well.. tried his hardest, but couldnt really get anything going...
RvP - 7.. lively game from him... created a lot.. was good in attack.. although his corners and free-kicks were a bit sub-par for him today....

Freddie - 5.5.. didnt do much... we brought him on and they scored.. although, he did set up Hleb for his wonderful miss....

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Lehmann: 4 - Too many dodgy moments. Could have cost us the game in the dying seconds.
Eboue: 5 - He was ok. Very good at going forward.
Djourou: 6 - Calm and composed
Senderos: 2 - Very nervy and made TOO MANY mistakes. However, got very lucky at times too. But very bad performance.
Clichy: 6 - Today was an improvement for him. Stayed and tamed his opponent very well
Hleb: 6 - Had a good game but should have scored. Again, a good but not brilliant performance by Hleb.
Fabregas: 6 - Tried to create things but it just didn't work for him tonight.
Gilberto: 8 - Doing a captain's job. Defended very well and always made good decisions. Definitely MOTM by miles.
Flamini: 7 - He was a passenger in the first half but was brilliant in the second. Defended very well and ofcourse, credit to him for scoring that goal.
RvP: 7 - Was the only threat from Arsenal, good ball control and always looking for goal.
Adebayor: 6 - Played superb football in the second half. Very strong with the ball. He just needs to score now.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Starting to see why Adebayour was bought , the guy is dynamite , he continually took on and beat Carvallho and Terry. If he starts to show composure in front of goals he will be a massive striker force for us .

I thought RVP had his best game for us .I think his close control and ability to work the ball in tight spaces would be better used in or around the box.

Not Fabs best game , but had his moments considering some of the dire passing coming out of defence it was hard for him to get going in the game.

Buhry

Established Member

Jens - 5,5
Clichy - 7
Senderos - 3
Djourou - 7
Eboue - 5
Cesc - 6
Flamini - 6
Hleb - 7
RvP - 7
Gilberto - 9 MOTM
Adebayor - 7,5

Gurgen

Established Member
Jens 4 - My word what was wrong with him? Looked like the 2004 Jens, very worrying.

Eboue 7 - Solid game from him, did well in both attack and defence.

Djourou 7 - Some shaky moments but overall a decent game. Needs to impose himself more, he's a big lad.

Senderos 4 - His worst game in an Arsenal shirt. Head isn't right.

Clichy 6 - Didn't notice him much.

Hleb 6 - Should have scored and criminally lost the ball for their goal.

Gilberto 8 MOTM - Great stuff from him, led by example and put in some vital challenges.

Flamini 7 - Anyone want him to 'fk off to France now'? :lol:

Cesc 6 - Gave the ball away too much when we needed to keep it. I don't like this 4-5-1 Totti-type Cesc. He's much better picking his passes from deep. Wenger's fault.

RvP 6 - Did fk all on the left as expected. See Cesc, last sentence.

Adebayor 7 - If this guy could shoot he'd be a world class player. Unfortunately I think it's too late to learn. Good target man on the ground.

stiiphunn

Established Member
celestis said:
Starting to see why Adebayour was bought , the guy is dynamite , he continually took on and beat Carvallho and Terry. If he starts to show composure in front of goals he will be a massive striker force for us .

So true, he needs to improve his final ball in general. On a few occasions today, he panicked and tried to shoot, when a pass could have killed off the game. But he'll get better and better!

I don't know if any of you know Cris, Lyon's defender?! Two years ago he said that Ade was the worst guy to play against! It's apparently really hard to defend against him because of his long legs and his power! And it's coming from a center back who is considered to be one of the best

Nutsy

Established Member
Jens Lehmann
Made a lot of terrific saves and yes a few mistakes

Emmanuel Eboue
Doing quite well, but a lil bit shaky

Johan Djourou
Defended very well compared to Big Phil

Philippe Senderos
too shaky, and could've made too much errors

Gael Clichy
Solid performance

Alexander Hleb
was great, should've scored that goal.

Cesc Fabregas
Excellent game, esp the post defending

Gilberto
Superb captaincy, excellent performances coming from the Brazilian

Mathieu Flamini
Great effort, terrible first half, but scored the safe goal

Robin Van Persie
was great, but then overshadowed by a lil bit incosistency

Emmanuel Adebayor
not bad performance, should've done better

Fredrik Ljungberg
(SUB) just a lil too late, & has done nothing so far..

over all, i rate the post a full 10/10, saving our Arses too many times :lol:

qs

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Why? He's a useful squad player who performs in the big games. What is the problem?

Like our very own Darren Fletcher.

I like Flamini but I think when he takes Gilbertos place he's horribly inept. He's fine in the five man midfield when Gilberto plays though.

sparky44

Lehmann - 6 (I love his fighting spirit, and he was having a good game until the end with lampard. almost had a bloody heart attack!)
Eboue - 6 (I wish he had the confidence to get forward more, he had so many opportunities to show up john terry but chose to retreat time and time again)
Djourou - 7 (Solid. Couldn't really ask for more, considering his partner and recovering from a injury)
Senderos - 4 (The less said the better really)
Clichy - 6 (Defended reasonably well but was guilty of a few missed places passes at times)
Hleb - 8 (Was great today. When chelsea was trying to shut him out it was fascinating to see him think as quickly as he did. Should have scored though.)
Fabregas - 7 (Average. But because of the standard that has been set by him, his average is actually pretty damn incredible)
Gilberto aka ROCK - 9 (Superb. I just cannot explain his performance today in words. It just needs to be witnessed)
Flamini - 6 (Great goal. But was guilty of not putting his 'name' in the game more)
Robin van Persie - 7 (Same with hleb. Wish he played in-field more, I am certain he would have made a bigger impact in the game than what he did)
Adebayor - 8 (Great performance, especially his second half performance. I think its safe to say that ade is the man for the occasion. Really shines under pressure. I love it.)

gunnerGH

Established Member
sparky44 said:
Eboue - 6 (I wish he had the confidence to get forward more, he had so many opportunities to show up john terry but chose to retreat time and time again)

Djourou - 7 (Solid. Couldn't really ask for more, considering

lol

Eboue was forward more than back!

As for djourou I could ask for alot more. Dont be sloppy would be a good start. lol

sparky44

Gunnergregharrison said:
sparky44 said:

lol

As for djourou I could ask for alot more. Dont be sloppy would be a good start. lol

He got forward but he never really pushed as much as he could have done. I am talking about running with brutal pace + power like he can do. Not just casually strolling into the opposite half.

IBL

Established Member
Lehman 6 - bit mad at times, brave in other

Eboue 6.5 - nice attacking, terrible defending
Djourou 7 - solid performance
Senderos 5.5 - need to buck up, nervous as hell
Clichy 6.5 - decent, tenacious effort

Hleb 7.5 - battled well, nice set-up for the goal
Flamini 6 - clueless for most the match but well taken goal
Gilberto 8.5 - monster, should be captain permanently
Cesc 6 - well below par, started of well
RVP 7.5 - battled well, showed great flashes of skill

Ade 7.5 - led the front well on his own, gave the defence a match

gunnerGH

Established Member
sparky44 said:
Gunnergregharrison said:
sparky44 said:

lol

He got forward but he never really pushed as much as he could have done. I am talking about running with brutal pace + power like he can do. Not just casually strolling into the opposite half.

I understand that but if tackled it leaves 2 versus one at the full back area. I thought if anything he was a little too adventurous at times and gave the ball away far too much

sparky44

Gunnergregharrison said:
sparky44 said:
Gunnergregharrison said:
sparky44 said:

lol

I understand that but if tackled it leaves 2 versus one at the full back area. I thought if anything he was a little too adventurous at times and gave the ball away far too much

Did you see essiens goal? Sometimes you have got to be adventurous to gain a result - what if essien hadn't have made the decision to take the game himself? What if he decided to pass it back to lampard and gently roll into the box? You do not know if you do not try.

Got to be brave in the big games mate, thats the only way you will be remembered.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom