• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal | 22/11/08

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Re: Man City vs Arsenal Match Ratings

I haven seen a lower rating than Denilson got in a collective match rating thread since Arsenal FC was formed

sesquioxide

I didn't manage to watch the game, but would you all agree it's time to let the Carling Cup team play the first team matches? Clearly members of our first team are simply not performing.

DOUBLE-YOU

the denilson hate is ridiculous. the whole midfield was poor today yet he gets a worse mark than everyone else. he is not the only reason the team is failing.

DOUBLE-YOU

sesquioxide said:
I didn't manage to watch the game, but would you all agree it's time to let the Carling Cup team play the first team matches? Clearly members of our first team are simply not performing.

no thats a silly idea.

playing at home to sheff utd and wigan in the carling cup is nothing like going away to man city in the league. them youngsters are way too inexperienced and dont understand the demand of being a first team player.

besides hoyte, djourou, song and bendtner are carling cup players. ramsey and vela also played in this game. so thats six of a possible eleven.

get real!

King Puck Paddy

DOUBLE-YOU said:
the denilson hate is ridiculous. the whole midfield was poor today yet he gets a worse mark than everyone else. he is not the only reason the team is failing.

I feel sorry for Denilson,he used to be a young exciting prospect for an attacking midfield role.Now he is f**ked into the first team and is expected to play the same role as Flamini did last season,he is not a defensive midfielder and never will be.His confidence must be at an all time low now and I'm sure that he hears the abuse coming from the stands.

Its Wenger's fault that Denilson is getting all this stick,he should be coming on for Fabregas with ten minutes to go.He shouldn't be expected to carry the burden of the whole midfield defensively.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I agree.
Wenger sold him out.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

The thing about Denilson is he is thrusted into a rebuilding Arsenal side when hes simply not ready to play week in week out. He would be very good cover as a 3rd or 4th choice centermid.

progman07

Established Member

Yes it is partly Wenger's fault. But then, Denilson has been playing every game for 3-4 months... He should have improved.

Anyways, we all agree he is one of the main weaknesses of the team, so it is up to Wenger to finally admit it and drop him.

King Puck Paddy

progman07 said:
Anyways, we all agree he is one of the main weaknesses of the team, so it is up to Wenger to finally admit it and drop him.

Whats also worrying is ...

Last two games - 2 losses,0 goals for,5 against :(

asajoseph

Established Member

Forget the 'Denilson hate', nothing is more galling than the absolutely insane comparisons between him and Fabregas.

arsmile

Established Member

al-5- fine

hoyte-3- out of his depth
djourou-5- decent at CB
silvestre-5- thought he was alright
clichy-3- mistake ridden

diaby-3- nothing
song-2- a CB in midfield
denislon-2- worst game ever
nasri-3- nothing

robin-3- needed to be leadign the team, wasnt
bendtner-2- in an awful run of form

ramsey-6- only player with any creativity
vela-5- no impact
(3rd sub)- because no manager is stupid enough not to bring wilshere or simpson on in a match like that.

wenger- hoyte wasnt ready, could have easily put song in defence and ramsey/wilshere/vela in midfield- would have left us with a team. persisted with an awful bendtner and denislon for the whole of the match.

so bad it's nearly funny...we'll beat chelsea but then not win again to february

edit: this is gallas' fault............

invisibleman18

Established Member

What's the point of ratings?
They all get 0. Apart from Wenger who gets -100 for leaving us in a situation where we're starting league games with Almunia as captain, Hoyte, Djourou and Silvestre in defence and Song, Diaby and Denilson in midfield.

Biggus

Established Member

Djourou
Clichy
Nasri
Ramsey

had decent games. The rest of them can f**k off with Wenger as far as I'm concerned.

TomasCR

Established Member

Just saw the second half, what a disgrace. Bunch of c**ts. I have seen a lot, but this goes into extremes, enough is enough.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐

Clichy certainly didn't impress me, not quite sure how he escapes your criticizm Biggus! In fact by his standards he's had a very poor season overall.

TomasCR

Established Member

I think that by saying "had decent games" he meant more like "Those few were the only players that gave a ****" Clichy had a horrible game but wanted a lot, kept running despite of knowing it will not work today.

The rest? Bendtner? Who the **** he thinks he is!

duduspace

I am an eternal Arsène Fan but I must lay the blame for yesterday's debacle at his feet simply for a lack of adaptability. What I mean is that if a coach does not have the players to execute a strategy at his disposal, then he should adapt that strategy.

I will watch this game again on ATVO at 6p.m but my initial view is that what we saw yesterday could not have shown any of our players in a good light because the team was simply not cohesive enough but what you can't fault about our players is the fact that they kept on the attack even when it seemed all hope was lost.

I will not go into individual player analysis except in a case where I've come to an opinion about a player.

1. The problem of the team was in the midfield yesterday, our right midfield was practically dead with Diaby and Hoyte who were both playing together in those roles in our first team for the first time, The Denilson and Song combo was another horror show while Nasri, depite his goals return is still adapting to his LM role and combination with Clichy and the strikers. We offered nothing on the right, little on the left and the center was robustly defended.

2. The Defence was alright until we conceded due to Clichy's mistake as Silvestre had the Man City player covered IMO and if the pass had gone from the player to Ireland then it would have been offside. Once we conceded, caution was thrown to the wind and the midfield forgot about its defensive duties. When RVP was caught in possesion it was a 3 on 4 situation and I ended up asking myself where Song and Denilson were but a goal could still have been averted if Hoyte followed Robinho's run instead of going to cover in the center where we had Djorou and Silvestre.

3. The attack had no good chances as the midfield was just labouring away to no effect even though Richard and Kompany were in inspired form. RVP was actually brilliant and motivated yesterday that I ended up praying that he wouldn't get injured due to his exertions cos it was obvious to me it was going to be in vain with Bendtner's disinterested attitude. You can fault Ade for being erratic but you can never fault him for effort, Kompany and Richards would never have been so comfortable with Ade on the pitch as he would fight them for every ball and chase lost causes.

I beleive the team wouldn't have been in all this trouble if not for the collapse against Tottenham which seems to have been the origin of our present problems. Arsène needs to stop this slump as quickly as possible before the team's belief is lost.

Biggus

Established Member

irishgunnerz said:
Clichy certainly didn't impress me, not quite sure how he escapes your criticizm Biggus! In fact by his standards he's had a very poor season overall.

He didn't have a great game, but I'd keep him along with a few others. The rest I would clear out at the end of the season, they simply aren't good enough.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom