• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-Season 18/19

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli

Iwobi was doing this in the Pl/Cl as a 19/20 years old, these two will be lucky to have the same impact at that age.. Got his start at Camp nou, wasn't fazed by the occasion at all. That display gave him another chance vs Everton, he scored and never looked back from there, forcing his way into the starting XI as a 19 year old.
He hasnt played like that in a good while. I think he is lacking in that Department now. You cant find something like that from last season.

@MutableEarth stagnatins is when someone stays at a level. He was better before and is lacking what i mentioned in my last post imo

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
What I like most as of now is the increased movement by players off the ball when in possession, to create space and passing angles, or to drop into space or run into space to receive and create passing options. Think I haven't seen it done so consequently in recent Wenger seasons. This will help the team massively - stale possession without movement waiting for a stroke of genius or an opposition mistake without actually playing was one of the very downfalls of this team.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So no pics from training yet. Apart from Torreira who else is back? Xhaka, Monreal, Lichtsteiner i'm guessing. When's Welbeck back? I suppose he might have been given longer off after that incredibly arduous World Cup of his.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Did someone sh*t themselves at training and that's why the club haven't released photos from today? Godammit, Carl!

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Not only is he a brilliant player, Auba is a brilliant person to have around. Literally made everyone around him happy and first to welcome the new signing.

FEH

Not only is he a brilliant player, Auba is a brilliant person to have around. Literally made everyone around him happy and first to welcome the new signing.

Honestly, Auba is class man. What a guy. Shows you can be a world class player and a good human too. The guy is so Arsenal. And when he rinses defences with his pace this season he will put us back on the map.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I don't know if this has been posted already but |I found this article on our pre-season quite interesting:

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/latest-arsenal-news-emery-preseason-14971248

Reflects my impressions from everything I gathered pretty well. The future looks incredibly bright for us right now.

Sure, this should all be taken with a pinch of salt, yet even if it was to take a bit longer for all things to click, I cannot help it but to catch myself smiling seeing all the happiness around the place. The fitness levels look higher than I can ever remember, actual top talents are actively playing again and I would not be surprised to see us having a way better season than anyone expects us to have.

Emery, Sven and our new players already seem to have rejuvenated the place from within.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Reflects my impressions from everything I gathered pretty well. The future looks incredibly bright for us right now.

Sure, this should all be taken with a pinch of salt, yet even if it was to take a bit longer for all things to click, I cannot help it but to catch myself smiling seeing all the happiness around the place. The fitness levels look higher than I can ever remember, actual top talents are actively playing again and I would not be surprised to see us having a way better season than anyone expects us to have.

Emery, Sven and our new players already seem to have rejuvenated the place from within.

Other fans and pundits seem to have forgotten we've existed. We're written off as a very poor side. I don't think we're a title-winning side by any means, but we're not as bad as many think. I think we'll surprise people.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Why do I have a feeling that the group guitar celebration is going to be a thing this year?

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom