• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

predictions from a chelski forum

mephisto

good for a laugh -

"This is my take, I hope the players are thinking along these lines....

It is all falling into place as far as I am concerned... Arsenal to slip up against Manure and Spertz we go unbeaten for the rest of the season, tie the blue ribbons on that trophy now!!!

Chelsea
Manchester City A 3
Bolton Wanderers A 3
Fulham H 3
Wolves H 3
Tottenham Hotspur A 3
Middlesbrough H 3
Aston Villa A 3
Everton H 3
Newcastle United A 3
Southampton H 3
Manchester United A 1
Leeds United H 3
Total 34
Current Points 55
End of Season 89

Arsenal
Charlton Athletic H 3
Blackburn Rovers A 3
Bolton Wanderers H 3
Manchester United H 0
Portsmouth A 3
Liverpool H 1
Newcastle United A 1
Leeds United H 3
Tottenham Hotspur A 0
Birmingham City H 3
Fulham A 1
Leicester City H 3
Total 24
Current Points 64
End of Season 88

Man Utd
Fulham A 1
Manchester City A 1
Tottenham Hotspur H 3
Arsenal A 3
Charlton Athletic H 3
Birmingham City A 3
Leicester City H 3
Portsmouth A 3
Liverpool H 1
Blackburn Rovers A 3
Chelsea H 1
Aston Villa A 3
Total 28
Current Points 57
End of Season 85 "

Arjan

Maybe they paid Liverpool and Newcastle, because without their help Chelsea will not be champions!

Adam

Established Member
There is nothing wrong with that. It could happen - whoever thinks 7 points is enough needs their head screwed, and a rocket shoved up their proverbial behind.

12 games left. Who is to say they wont win all their games - they are capable of putting a run together, as are Man Utd.

...and every team is capable of slipping up, as are Arsenal. I am not one to predict we will win, just as they do - i am taking it as it comes and hoping the team shows the optimum desire for each game.

Any fans making any sort of assumptions, ruling any team out - remember football is a fragile game, and that should be appreciated.

You'd have thought some of us would be a bit more cautious. Setting expections up now seems careless to me...

jc8gooner

If Chelsea take 34 from 36 points, they might well win the title. They won't get those points though. Even if they did, they'd still need Arsenal to slip up, which doesn't look that likely at the moment.

leongsh

Adam said:
There is nothing wrong with that. It could happen - whoever thinks 7 points is enough needs their head screwed, and a rocket shoved up their proverbial behind.

12 games left. Who is to say they wont win all their games - they are capable of putting a run together, as are Man Utd.

...and every team is capable of slipping up, as are Arsenal. I am not one to predict we will win, just as they do - i am taking it as it comes and hoping the team shows the optimum desire for each game.

Any fans making any sort of assumptions, ruling any team out - remember football is a fragile game, and that should be appreciated.

You'd have thought some of us would be a bit more cautious. Setting expections up now seems careless to me...

Adam, you're the only one so far in this thread that I have read who has his head screwed on right. The rest just do not learn. :evil:

Even Arsène Wenger is cautious and says that there are still 12 games to play and that both Manchester United and Chelsea can still win it. And that post in a Chelsea fans' forum shows what could happen.

REPEAT:
We have not won anything yet this season.

Let's continue focusing on one match at a time and the next match to think about is coming up shortly - a UEFA Champions League away match against Celta Vigo.

VCC

Of course we've won nothing yet...just the initial reaction of seeing the prediction where they win 10 in a row...good luck to them.

Gunnsie

lol great quote "It is all falling into place as far as I am concerned"

His definition of falling into place means an Arsenal team that is growing stronger and stronger, unbeaten and beaten their team twice, and chelsea looking more and more disjointed and lacklustre.

Dream on Chelsea

EJub

So Chelsea will win all their games, only drawing against ManU.

It won't take long to disprove that post.

Chelsea's highest point total in many years was 75 in 1999.

Taozhe

I wont rule out other clubs yet. Adam is right. We had learned from last season that we must focus until we had won everything.

SydneyGunnerFan

we are just getting to the fun point of the season hope we dont start losing games but or we will be in alot of trouble but i can see how wrong chelsea have been anyway so far this season so lets see how bad they look at the end

skart14

Originally posted by Adam:

Adam, you're the only one so far in this thread that I have read who has his head screwed on right. The rest just do not learn.

Even Arsène Wenger is cautious and says that there are still 12 games to play and that both Manchester United and Chelsea can still win it. And that post in a Chelsea fans' forum shows what could happen.

REPEAT:
We have not won anything yet this season.

Let's continue focusing on one match at a time and the next match to think about is coming up shortly - a UEFA Champions League away match against Celta Vigo.

The same thing can be said about chelsea..wat makes them think that they will only lose two points out of the remaining games? Is it not our god given right to laugh at chelskii fan's silly assumptions?

lewdikris

Established Member
In all honesty if Chelsea did win 11 games out of 12 it would make the title race very tight - at this point of a season teams that do that USUALLY win the title. Unless we're 15 points clear, or the other teams have hit such a bad rash of form that there's little chance of them rallying, take nothing for granted.

Everything is still possible.

AlexH

My first reaction on reading that - tough, but doable. It would be very foolish to count any chickens before they've hatched at this point in the season. The breakdown shows us losing twice and drawing three times; easily possible and would mean us dropping 12 points, throwing the title race wide open again.

Psychologically, the pressure may also have shifted towards us with most of the media and bookies having us as favourites now, and Ranieri must certainly have taken the pressure off himself and his team by conceding they are out of the race, when this can be exactly the sort of thing to trigger a winning streak.

It ain't over until the fat lady sings, and as far as I'm concerned she hasn't even arrived at her dressing room yet!

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom