• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 18/19: Matchday 18

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Lucas and Lamela aren't really that great either...

but that's the definition of squad depth.

If Iwobi and Mikhitaryan are not performing, they have to play anyway because we don't have alternatives.

If Lucas is in a form gap, they will play another player. That's why Son is performing so well - because he has pressure or he will not start.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Tottenham have a lower squad cost and much less wages than us. They should not be above us it’s inexcusable.

I’m a bit pissed.
Normally when teams perform above their squad cost they drop back at some point, usually because the good players they found for small money get poached, like Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater etc from Leicester.

What’s unusual with Sp**s is that they don’t seem to have any problem hanging on to them. That’s what’s stopping them reverting to their 6th position.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Feel sorry for Theo, he can’t get into the game in the second half. He’s making dozens of runs, and darts and nobody’s looking for him.

wobbler

If Iwobi and Mikhitaryan are not performing, they have to play anyway because we don't have alternatives.

If Lucas is in a form gap, they will play another player. That's why Son is performing so well - because he has pressure or he will not start.

Exactly. Sp**s can rest players as well in every position except striker. That helps. They have build a great squad on a budget and have a good scouting system. It's actually embarrassing.

blaze_of_glory

Mikhi and Iwobi aren't first choice here.. Mikhi is the definition of a squad player, and Iwobi has bee in and out of the lineup pretty much in line with his form and injuries to other players.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I've said it before, Sp**s arguably have one of the best strikers in football, and still yet to win anything. He won't stay around.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Normally when teams perform above their squad cost they drop back at some point, usually because the good players they found for small money get poached, like Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater etc from Leicester.

What’s unusual with Sp**s is that they don’t seem to have any problem hanging on to them. That’s what’s stopping them reverting to their 6th position.
Do you get some special alert whenever the words squad cost are uttered on here?

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Tbf, in the games they played, we had Özil and Lacazette who could have played instead.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
If they end trophyless again then one of their big players will probably leave in the summer. Most likely Erikson. A situation where he feels like the team has given its best shot but keeps falling short and he feels he needs to move on to potentially win things. Can see Kane sticking around his whole career though.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Do you get some special alert whenever the words squad cost are uttered on here?
Nah, been following the thread but nothing else worth commenting on. Then someone comes on who finally understands how football works.

Reactions: A_G

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Its days like today that make our results against Wolves, Southampton and Liverpool so annoying as well as the fan reaction to them.

We're going to have to make up for those results somewhere down the line by getting points when we aren't expecting to.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If they end trophyless again then one of their big players will probably leave in the summer. Most likely Erikson. A situation where he feels like the team has given its best shot but keeps falling short and he feels he needs to move on to potentially win things. Can see Kane sticking around his whole career though.
Yep, said it before but this reminds me of the RVP/Fabregas/Nasri team that was on the cusp of success but couldn't get it done.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom