• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 20/21: Gameweek 20 (Jan 26-28)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
They. Know. We’re. Coming.
Yes they do:
Untitled.jpg

:shivering:

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Greenwood is literally a one trick pony shoot merchant. No subtlety to his game at all.

Don't get the Van Persie comparison.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard

Have got to love Burnley except when they play us :lol: even vs us except this season we usually beat them atleast with some controversy

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Hope utd don't turn this around please.
If we beat them and they lose this, even they will be just 7 pts ahead. Come on sheff

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Have got to love Burnley except when they play us :lol: even vs us except this season we usually beat them atleast with some controversy

xG is really misleading, maybe I don't understand what goes into calculating the figures. We had an xG of 1.84 yesterday, according to that account and we had two 1 on 1's and a player put the ball into an open goal. Am I missing something?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
xG is really misleading, maybe I don't understand what goes into calculating the figures. We had an xG of 1.84 yesterday, according to that account and we had two 1 on 1's and a player put the ball into an open goal. Am I missing something?
Its confusing i wanted to understand but i give up

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

xG doesn’t take open goal into account, it’s just where the shot is taken from

So yeah its flawed. It can be decent reference but not a perfect foolproof stat. And seems BBC xG values were different for the same game (think we got 2.2). So different metrics being used maybe

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's nonsense, it just doesn't take into account enough of the important factors and should absolutely not be taken as gospel.

It can be used in some ways, but to just post the xG of two sides and deduct one side deserved to win because their xG is higher is so incredibly short-sighted it's unbelievable.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Utd have too much quality in the bench to turn this around. Cavani, Fred might come in for Mason and matic

Mata too is useful vs a bus like Sheffield.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

How quality of chances are calculated is the crux of the matter.

Just think for example about two things here:

- Penalty's have enormously high XG
- Great Finishes barely count towards XG when they are made from a position XG doesn't account as a *great chance*.

There are other things as well, but just from those two you can already guess that xG as a metric isn't all that to determine how well a side played. Sure, attacking sides will have high xG, but the moment you look at the results and performances to compare them the whole thing falls apart.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom