• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 20/21: Gameweek 32 (April 16-22)

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Interesting about the Willock discussion. With the kind of formation we play, it’s difficult to see where he starts. He’s not a chance creating or game controlling midfielder, so not quite a CAM. Not quite a CM either. Impact sub, perhaps. Arteta gave him some starts when we were scratching our heads, so it’s not like Arteta doesn’t believe in him. It’s just that his skill set makes it difficult to use him in Arteta’s system, I think.

Impact sub for sure and if Willock improves on his basics he is a very valid rotational option for games.

Keep him.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Interesting about the Willock discussion. With the kind of formation we play, it’s difficult to see where he starts. He’s not a chance creating or game controlling midfielder, so not quite a CAM. Not quite a CM either. Impact sub, perhaps. Arteta gave him some starts when we were scratching our heads, so it’s not like Arteta doesn’t believe in him. It’s just that his skill set makes it difficult to use him in Arteta’s system, I think.
The role Ceballos has been playing the last couple of games Willock would excel in. Not saying starting every week but definitely good enough for our squad at the moment.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Our current midfield options for next season are Xhaka Guendouzi Partey Willock Elneny. I don't think we keeping Guendouzi and hopefully we sell Elneny we desperately need improvement in this area I'd keep willock but I'd prefer him play regularly in league than playing handful of games with us.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Impact sub for sure and if Willock improves on his basics he is a very valid rotational option for games.

Keep him.
The question of course will be if Joe is satisfied with that role vs having more minutes in another team lower down the table.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
This 7 league games winless run coming and haunt us we could've been in similar point with Chelsea if mikel didn't be very stubborn.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Any other club and I suspect we'd get a tidy fee for Willock but Ashley's a tight s**t

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Any other club and I suspect we'd get a tidy fee for Willock but Ashley's a tight s**t
I'd give willock another season to see if he capable make it here i think we'll renew and send him to Newcastle again his current deal end in 2023

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Would be fun to have Willock, Nelson and Nketiah on loan in the PL. Suspect we’ll sell Nelson and Nketiah though.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Would be fun to have Willock, Nelson and Nketiah on loan in the PL. Suspect we’ll sell Nelson and Nketiah though.
Yes the last 2 future here is done both ending up in championship just hope we get decent money from both. I think we might sell AMN as well

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
The question of course will be if Joe is satisfied with that role vs having more minutes in another team lower down the table.
He would get plenty of minutes regardless.

I'm 100% certain Arteta would like to be able to rotate, our fitness/injury record speaks for itself and rotation will generally only become more important, not less.

But most of all, we can't just keep filling out our bench with players that are just *happy to be on the bench*. We need players that can push starters, that can raise their level when needed and be more than solid when called upon. That can impact the game when put on. Similar to City.

If they don't want to fight and rather just want a cozy starter job at a lesser outfit, so be it. Sell em'. But, we can't just keep thinking *Well, he's *happy* to be on the bench. That's all we need. :clap:*

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The role Ceballos has been playing the last couple of games Willock would excel in. Not saying starting every week but definitely good enough for our squad at the moment.
Rather have a young English homegrown player in the squad than a Spanish loanee.

That was a nice goal he scored for Newcastle. Keeps on improving his value with some goals. :drool:

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Sheffield officially down if they lost this? I think the fate of Fulham Westbrom sealed after Newcastle win today

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom