• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
I think Chelsea look the best at the moment. Sure Liverpool score 3 or 4 in some games but that defence looks ropey at times and I still have thoughts that they could burn out, even without Europe playing how they do.

All of the teams at the top look like they can score, I think it will come down to who defends best and teams don't seem to understand this Chelsea formation yet. Took the league pretty much a full season to work out Leicester and they got away with it. I just don't think there's many tactically flexible and astute managers in the league for Chelsea to get figured out game after game. Now until new year will say a lot but I like Chelsea to go on a bit of a run now.

Yes, and they've got some serious players outwith their back 3/5. Costa is looking exceptional, Hazard, Kante, pedro. They've got Willian, Oscar and Michy on the bench which is pretty frightening!

Eduardo_da_Silva

I remember watching a tactical analysis on why three man defence has never been a success in England but I cant seem to find it on Youtube. I feel that Conte system wont be effective long term plan due to the fact many teams in England rely on their wingers, and if You dont have a capable wingbacks to cover the flanks, 343 will be exposed. Chelsea dont have the depth for such system, because Alonso is the only real wingback in that team. You also need a central figure in the 3 man defence playing a pivotal role in formation tranformation from defence to attack. That is why conte is willing to break the bank for Bonnuci. You also need the depth there and looking at their options at the back, I dont see a way for them to cope with the rhytm.

SYS

I am sick of your antics, first blue then red, the weather is not good, why no earlier subs...
Your character disgusts me and i do not wish you to keep spitting your acid towards me!
Stop judging me. Post what you want

I am not here to earn your praise

N

NotAUserName

Ya think. Liverpool & Chelsea look way better than us at the moment. It's a long race but we better buck up because all the old failings are still there to be seen. The team will give it's all and has heart but we're too easily shut down by good teams with a solid defense. We really need better players or a better attacking plan tbh.
I think you have it the other way around. We have the players to adequately challenge for the title but it's the heart, the right attitude that's missing.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I think you have it the other way around. We have the players to adequately challenge for the title but it's the heart, the right attitude that's missing.
Nah man, the team has heart, evidence Wednesday in Bulgaria & other late wins, comebacks. Even the loss to Liverpool showed fight. I think our attack isn't good enough to win the big ones really. How many times have we been shut down by a dogged defense - too many to count. We need more cutting edge up front

optimus

Liverpool has no squad depth and will get exposed as the season progresses, Chelsea 343 is great but if they get Kante, Alonso, Hazard or Costa injury they don't have backups who could replace them. You saw against West Ham how a lower quality squad fails at 343. Still think City are our biggest rivals, Chelsea and Liverpool are benefiting from no European football, if they had a midweek game they would struggle. I still doubt our consistency but for the first time after 10 years we have great squad depth. This season will be special. If we get it that would be a huge achievement and a great addition to Wenger legacy.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool will be losing both Matip and Mane for the AFCON. One would suspect they'd be looking to strengthen in January when that happens.

Rocky

Liverpool has no squad depth and will get exposed as the season progresses, Chelsea 343 is great but if they get Kante, Alonso, Hazard or Costa injury they don't have backups who could replace them. You saw against West Ham how a lower quality squad fails at 343. Still think City are our biggest rivals, Chelsea and Liverpool are benefiting from no European football, if they had a midweek game they would struggle. I still doubt our consistency but for the first time after 10 years we have great squad depth. This season will be special. If we get it that would be a huge achievement and a great addition to Wenger legacy.

People said the same about Leicester. Chelsea have Michy to back up Costa. Willian and Oscar to fill in for Hazard. Not as if any team can replace quality like Costa or Hazard with players of the same quality...

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Anybody thinking Liverpool is going away, is having a laugh. Klopp's no fool and their offense looks better than anybody's at the moment. They've also been to Chelsea, Arsenal & Sp*rs and not lost yet. Anfield is going to be a torrid place to go and play. Unlike Rodgers, Klopp's got some winning history also. They're going to be right there.

I now fear having seen the way this has played out this weekend that we will be the ones on the outside looking in.

Fire power is going to win the league this year & that's probably why Sp*rs will fall short. All the top teams have it in spades. I just think our wastefulness in the final 3rd will come back to haunt us - we just waste way too many good opportunities. By that I mean we get into good positions and then **** it up without even getting off a shot.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I just think our wastefulness in the final 3rd will come back to haunt us - we just waste way too many good opportunities. By that I mean we get into good positions and then **** it up without even getting off a shot.

This has been a problem for a very long time. We dilly dally around the box without proper testing their keepers with long distance shots. Not wild shots like Ramsey yesterday, but Iwobi was on few good shooting chances yesterday and he was always looking for the pass or cross. It seemed like he is not instructed to shoot.
When he had the chance to shoot, his shot was so weak.

Özil is also a bit guilty for always looking to play neat one-twos when there's a space for him to take a shot.

Rocky

This has been a problem for a very long time. We dilly dally around the box without proper testing their keepers with long distance shots. Not wild shots like Ramsey yesterday, but Iwobi was on few good shooting chances yesterday and he was always looking for the pass or cross. It seemed like he is not instructed to shoot.
When he had the chance to shoot, his shot was so weak.

Özil is also a bit guilty for always looking to play neat one-twos when there's a space for him to take a shot.

I imagine it's a confidence issue with Iwobi. He just doesn't look like a goalscorer to me at this stage. he doesn't strike the ball with conviction. In the absence of Lucas, it might be time to back the Ox and hope he improves with game time.

Same confidence issue with Özil but to a lesser extent than in previous seasons.

Rocky

Anybody thinking Liverpool is going away, is having a laugh. Klopp's no fool and their offense looks better than anybody's at the moment. They've also been to Chelsea, Arsenal & Sp*rs and not lost yet. Anfield is going to be a torrid place to go and play. Unlike Rodgers, Klopp's got some winning history also. They're going to be right there.

I now fear having seen the way this has played out this weekend that we will be the ones on the outside looking in.

Fire power is going to win the league this year & that's probably why Sp*rs will fall short. All the top teams have it in spades. I just think our wastefulness in the final 3rd will come back to haunt us - we just waste way too many good opportunities. By that I mean we get into good positions and then **** it up without even getting off a shot.

Oh dear. Really rooting for Chelsea or City now...

vantoure

is the wastefulness still a thing? I'm sure I've read a report or 2 that indicated we were about tops in the league in chance conversion? Albeit this was a few weeks ago.

regarding yesterday's match, there are very few sides that would enjoy clear goal scoring opportunities with Sp**s setup. I'd marked it down as a low scoring game beforehand. Remember free scoring Liverpool got only the single goal and city were totally locked out.

my disappointment was in conceding immediately after the restart.

is the wastefulness still a thing? I'm sure I've read a report or 2 that indicated we were about tops in the league in chance conversion? Albeit this was a few weeks ago.

regarding yesterday's match, there are very few sides that would enjoy clear goal scoring opportunities with Sp**s setup. I'd marked it down as a low scoring game beforehand. Remember free scoring Liverpool got only the single goal and city were totally locked out.

my disappointment was in conceding immediately after the restart.

We have been the team who waste most clear cut chances a few season in row now.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom