• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2017/18: We(nger) Go Again

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I agree he is correct. Definitely. I am just not sure all these posters have an agenda. What would they gain? As you normally point out, the media has a lot to do with this.
Can't post at the mo, Pelcro has somehow overcome my content blocker. :(

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Pretty much agree with that apart from the Sp**s and Liverpool bit.

Liverpool are throwing money at the league at the mo and their squad is £100m more than ours, which is reflected in the league positions.

Sp**s have two cheap players that have turned out to be very high value players, which is extremely rare. If they get poached Sp**s will regress to their normal level.

Liverpool are throwing money around but selling Suarez, Sterling and now Coutinho has given them plenty of room to do so. It's probably not a sustainable business model but for now it's working for them. It looks like they have another £150m asset in Salah so they look set for the near future.

Fully agreed on Sp**s though. Of their post-Bale spending spree only Eriksen has been a success and they completely lucked into Kane. While they've made a few shrewd buys recently they've also overspent on real dross. Think they deserve real credit for finding and developing Alli however.

Will have to wait and see what they do after their own stadium move for now. Hard to see them keeping this up after Kane, Alli and Poch are gone.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Liverpool are throwing money around but selling Suarez, Sterling and now Coutinho has given them plenty of room to do so. It's probably not a sustainable business model but for now it's working for them. .
Working in what way? Finishing a point above us last season? Not as if they're lapping up titles everywhere. Their fans are basically in the same boat as ours except that we have three recent trophies to brag.... What do they have?

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Working in what way? Finishing a point above us last season? Not as if they're lapping up titles everywhere. Their fans are basically in the same boat as ours except that we have three recent trophies to brag.... What do they have?

They're on an upward curve, are signing exciting players, play entertaining football and aren't plunging themselves into debt to do so.

Still have to convert it into actual results of course but I reckon it's an exciting time to be a Liverpool fan.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Upward momentum.
They're on an upward curve, are signing exciting players, play entertaining football and aren't plunging themselves into debt to do so.

Still have to convert it into actual results of course but I reckon it's an exciting time to be a Liverpool fan.

Please explain your logic of thinking Pool have upward momentum when they yo-yo up and down the league between 3rd and 8th....

16/17 - 4th
15/16 - 8th
14/15 - 6th
13/14 - 2nd
12/13 - 7th

Hardly the mark of consistently rising to the top....

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Please explain your logic of thinking Pool have upward momentum when they yo-yo up and down the league between 3rd and 8th....

16/17 - 4th
15/16 - 8th
14/15 - 6th
13/14 - 2nd
12/13 - 7th

Hardly the mark of consistently rising to the top....
Liverpool have undoubtedly outspent us, since Wenger came.

Those results right there with changing managers show what we would have been like with other managers.

The campaign against Wenger is almost criminal.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

People are talking about this capitulation rubbish because they expected so much more from Wenger than they had a right to expect.

He was just very good not a ****ing genius.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
People are talking about this capitulation rubbish because they expected so much more from Wenger than they had a right to expect.

Sorry, but that is bullshit. The club and Wenger himself built these expectations

It is Wenger who said we were close to the league title and still has not delivered.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Sorry, but that is bullshit. The club and Wenger himself built these expectations

It is Wenger who said we were close to the league title and still has not delivered.

This is the problem. We might not be the richest club but we still have plenty to spend. Add to that the fact that Gazidis said that we were going to be a super club back in 2012 and that Wenger says every year that we can challenge for the title.

Clearly he can't. And fans are calling him out.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I'm not judging Arsenal by their words, but by their spend. If you judged clubs by their words, they'd all be failures :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'm not judging Arsenal by their words, but by their spend. If you judged clubs by their words, they'd all be failures :lol:
Name any other manager that has made a promise like this
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...le-with-Arsenal-again-inside-three-years.html

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom