• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2017/18: We(nger) Go Again

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

If we actually manage to hang on to Alexis & build on Lacazette's addition by bringing in Mahrez & someone in the mould of Porto's Danilo, we could hope to achieve more than a top 4 finish. As with all things involving Arsenal it's a big if :lol:.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Let's not get our hopes up that quick let's see if we can keep alexis Özil and adding Midfielder and Mahrez so we can aim higher.

for now i say we started very well we added 2 very good players

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Changed my vote to first because Lacazette hype train. I'll reevaluated when I regain my senses.

Meh, you did the right thing, stick ya neck on the line because you've every right to.

We've signed a top class striker with an incredible record. We're gonna supply him for fun. We have speed, mobility and most importantly clinical finishing up top. It doesn't end at Özil and Alexis, it get's better!

This signing takes us up a level, as does the addition of Kolasinac. A lot now depends on what we do formation wise, if we stick with three at the back (which I hope we do) we're a legitimate threat to the title.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I wonder how seriously we'll take the poor man's CL. On one hand I really want us to win a European trophy. It's been 23 years and we ain't close to the big one yet. But on the other hand, I sense some vulnerabilities in the big sides this year.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I've voted early and voted first. Lots of optimism already. We've no obvious weakness which hasn't been the case in recent seasons. We've not got the pressure of CL football so that means guys like Koscielny can be spared midweek tracks and recover to be fresh while still putting out an experienced capable side in the Europa. We've added a striker in the Arsenal mould and we've become tactical flexible.

We over came a lot of our demons last season. Positively positive. Don't think I've ever selected us as finishing first before. Last year I selected third.

A lot depends if Wenger took a long hard look into mirror after last season and found something new, some will to be more tactical and to help players more by not only focus on our own game but also prepare them for the opposition.

Every match should be like against Chelsea in FA Cup final. Exploding our opposition weaknesses while also focusing on our own game.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Went for 6th place challenging for 5th. Think Everton will overtake us this season. Not hopeful we will se much change in the end when it comes to Wenger. Maybe he changes but if I was a betting man I wouldn't put money on that. But who knows.

KingVerse

We're getting the royal treatment from FA. First game of the season, friday night, just a month to go. Can't wait!!
Hopefully we put Leicester down with a few goals and build on from there. We usually do well against them..and with the addition of Laca and the left back Lauren and maybe some other guys we could do some damage this season. What is important for me, is to keep Özil and Sanchez. Keep rocking that new formation, because damn...we look great playing that style.
However we do need a replacement for Cazorla, sad to admit but I think his playing days are pretty much over for us. If he's out until April , it means he´ll be useless on the pitch this whole season and we know how it is with these injury prone players at Arsenal, they usually take longer time in recovery.
I'm also pretty sure that if we keep Wilshere he will get a season ending injury few seconds after the transfer window shuts down because... #Arsenal.

But all in all, I am feeling hopeful about the season ahead and since the worst case scenario happened, the silver lining is there are more ways than usual to get that CL spot. But right now, I'm aiming for the top spot.

Here's to a great season that will serve as a reminder for the rest, that Arsenal play the best football in the PL.

Crazycarrots

A lot depends if Wenger took a long hard look into mirror after last season and found something new, some will to be more tactical and to help players more by not only focus on our own game but also prepare them for the opposition.

Every match should be like against Chelsea in FA Cup final. Exploding our opposition weaknesses while also focusing on our own game.

At last someone with perspective who is talking sense and not getting carried away!!! A trophy, some wins as the end of the season and a few new players doesn't mean that all our frailties and flaws are instantly fixed.
Granted, things are looking more promising than they have done for a long time though.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
In case we all forgot...

Laurent Koscielny's red card against Everton on the final day of the Premier League last term means he will miss the first two games of the new campaign.

:mad::(:eek:

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom