• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2020/2021: 10th is the new 8th

Where will we finish?

• Champions

Votes: 17 13.4%
  • Top 4

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • Below the Top 4

Votes: 68 53.5%

• Total voters

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Top 6 a possibility if we can keep Partey, Saka, Tierney and Auba on the pitch for a large majority of games. Otherwise can't see us scoring enough

Iceman10

Established Member
30 points from 20 matches. To get to 60 points, which should secure Top 6, that would require 30 points from the next 18 matches, 1.67 points per match.

Iceman10

Established Member
60 points is doable.
Do you think 65 points can secure top 4?

Both Leicester and United would need around 25 points from their last 18 matches to get to 65 points. We’ll have to hope for a bad patch for one of the two. Everton would have the same target to get to 65 if they won both games in hand (played 18 so far), but they are more likely to fall away.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Both Leicester and United would need around 25 points from their last 18 matches to get to 65 points. We’ll have to hope for a bad patch for one of the two. Everton would have the same target to get to 65 if they won both games in hand (played 18 so far), but they are more likely to fall away.

Well, Everton and Leicester don't have the best depth & quality, so they might fall off later in the season.

United has had bad patches and have some lucky results. Bruno has played 30 games thus far in total with ~77 minutes average (20 EPL games with ~83 minutes average).

They need him, and if he gets injured, they're screwed. At that rate of game time they're running him to the ground and an injury in inevitable without some miracle stuff. Those minutes look like they don't rotate him at all.

Last edited:

Makavelii

I just did some quick math.

If you take out our winless period of 7 games where we were in a rut, and then average out our points per game from the remaining games - then we’re left in first place with 42 points.

Imagine what could’ve been without that dark period of 7 games.

Faith in Arteta being restored. Let’s just hope that was a rookie learning period and we can get used to this recent form.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Just looking at that Man City game depresses me. Feels like it should say 0-3 before a ball is kicked.

Don't we set an unwanted record if they beat us, too? The most consecutive league wins ever recorded v Arsenal?

Let's see what kind of form we are in when that game comes around. No point writing off any game. City while in top form now aren't invincible, there is a tried and tested method that is very effective against City...provided you have the quality needed. It is why they have hugely underperformed in the CL.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Another great result for us at Goodison, didn't expect that, have to take advantage.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

.On paper we can still do it, I see a route that we can take to do it but i think we will look back at Liverpool beating Sp**s as the result that costs us top 4.

We are going to enter a strange phase and I hope we are brave to take advantage.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Off-field issues have cost us dearly this season even after Arteta almost dropped us to rock bottom. Not happening this season. 7th or 8th is the best we can do.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I can't see top 4 being realistic, too many teams above us has to collapse and we'll need to go on a title winning run. top 6 should be achievable though, but I think we'll finish below that.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Feel like I'm sitting in the war room mapping the route to the US presidency. We really need West Ham and Leeds to do something today. If Leicester and Liverpool both get 40 or above today the path becomes much more difficult.

13th February becomes a big day. Liverpool play Leicester then the following day we have Leeds. The week before Liverpool play City. We should know by then if its doable.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We're not catching Liverpool, forget about that one, I know they've had a blip but I think vs Sp**s they still showed what they're capable of. Liverpool will start picking up points. It's Leicester we'd be better looking at and they've got a home game vs Leeds, win that, which they should and they go 11 points. It's too much to do, far too much. It's last season all over again, in reality that 2-0 defeat to Leicester combined with not sacking Emery at the moment killed our chances in reality, but we kept kidding ourselves up until the return Leicester game at home that we still had a chance. I think people need to make peace now.

Makavelii

Yeah I let go of top 4 hopes long ago. That’s asking a bit too much. I’ll be happy if we get Europa + finish ahead of Sp**s and Chelsea.

Baguette

Le Manberg Français
Chelsea may go on a run now too.
It’s really difficult because we have the weakest team out of the big 6.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom