• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2021/22: Race For Top 4

Do you believe we will finish in the top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Having processed everything a bit, have a few thoughts. Arteta failed this season, no doubt, he said the goal was T4, and when he didn't achieve that, moved the goalposts. He's here for the foreseeable future though so it is what it is.

I also think the squad is in pretty good shape, although it could be a lot better if he managed certain situations better.

That being said, we have a core of good young defenders (hopefully Saliba is given a chance), a world class DM (if he can stay fit), and a pool of really good young attackers. We also have the money to invest in the squad. Do I trust Arteta and Edu to make the required signings to take us up a level? Not really, I have big reservations. But let's see...

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Having processed everything a bit, have a few thoughts. Arteta failed this season, no doubt, he said the goal was T4, and when he didn't achieve that, moved the goalposts. He's here for the foreseeable future though so it is what it is.

I also think the squad is in pretty good shape, although it could be a lot better if he managed certain situations better.

That being said, we have a core of good young defenders (hopefully Saliba is given a chance), a world class DM (if he can stay fit), and a pool of really good young attackers. We also have the money to invest in the squad. Do I trust Arteta and Edu to make the required signings to take us up a level? Not really, I have big reservations. But let's see...

Fair assessment.

I for one am hopeful that Arteta and Edu have done significant homework, all things considered. They probably had Europa League as a potential outcome when they decided to let Auba and AMN go, and leave us with a very thin squad, capable of breaking down. The question for me is whether they have gone to their targets and got the needed assurances with that possible reality, and made sure their budget would meet potential new demands.

It comes back to what we do in the summer, its a biggie.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Fair assessment.

I for one am hopeful that Arteta and Edu have done significant homework, all things considered. They probably had Europa League as a potential outcome when they decided to let Auba and AMN go, and leave us with a very thin squad, capable of breaking down. The question for me is whether they have gone to their targets and got the needed assurances with that possible reality, and made sure their budget would meet potential new demands.

It comes back to what we do in the summer, its a biggie.

To me this season boiled down to what happened in the summer, not January. If we brought in a CF/CM as opposed to Ramsdale, Lokonga and Taveres we'd have gotten 4th sewn up. That's what makes me worry about Arteta, to me it seems like he makes ego signings as opposed to using the window to maximise what the club can put out on the pitch. I hope this summer is different.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
To me this season boiled down to what happened in the summer, not January. If we brought in a CF/CM as opposed to Ramsdale, Lokonga and Taveres we'd have gotten 4th sewn up. That's what makes me worry about Arteta, to me it seems like he makes ego signings as opposed to using the window to maximise what the club can put out on the pitch. I hope this summer is different.
We really need Lokonga to have a break out season next year and take a step forward. He's got talent, he just looked lightweight and inexperienced this year in the PL. Could go either way but it would be a massive lift it he finds his feet

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
A dodgy Jan window and Parteys glass legs away from the Champions league.

But the four minutes of deliberation for this decision was probably the moment.

Well done sp*rs, fair play.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Mood for next year...

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
After considered reflection still disappointing how things turned out but understandable.
I said Top 6 was the requirement expected this season & that was achieved easily👍.
Top 4 would have probably been over achieving at present tbh.
Its horrid to lose it to that lot but if you look at it objectively hardly surprising.
They have been above us for 6 seasons straight now.
They made a smart move by getting in Conte but the main reason they have been above us consistently under different managers for the last 6 years, make no bones about it, can be summed up in 2 words KANE/SON
There 40 prem goals combined was crucial & made the difference in the end.

Lets be honest they finished above us when we had 100m of peak strike force in a performing Auba & scoring Laca.

It was a step too far for what we had this season.

Also felt injuries to key players & pressure may have told on our younger team in the end.

Plenty to look forward to though as this team has scope for improvement & we are imho firmly heading in the right direction:footie:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom