• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

How you would rate the season if we don't win the league now?

Obviously the goal before the season was to reach the CL and that's pretty safe. But at the end it would still feel like a downer because nobody cares if you finish 2nd or 4th.
Don't know how I'd rate it but I'd be pretty gutted if we didn't win it. I've done a complete u-turn from thinking we have no chance to believing we will do it. And yes I'd have been delighted with top 4 if offered at the start of the season but where we are now I'd be underwhelmed if that's all we got.

Stating the obvious but the City game will be huge, I'd like to see us turn up and not play like a bunch of c.ucks against them for once. We have to make the extra rest count.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Ah didn't realise. Tbf we could win the league earlier, can't make the 29th May so if we do I'll do a streaker from N5 to N17 whenever we do
Yeah we could but the title parade is always when the season is finished from what I remember. I may be wrong but pretty sure it's end of the season.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Regardless of how frustrating yesterday’s match was, I think it’s clear that Pep is prioritizing the CL. Our fixture list shrinking and theirs absolutely jam-packed, combined with our cushion at the top, gives us a significant advantage in the league.
I’m not saying we’re guaranteed the league title. Far from it. But if Pep had to choose between another league title and a CL title, it’s clear to me that he’s sacrificing the league.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Regardless of how frustrating yesterday’s match was, I think it’s clear that Pep is prioritizing the CL. Our fixture list shrinking and theirs absolutely jam-packed, combined with our cushion at the top, gives us a significant advantage in the league.
I’m not saying we’re guaranteed the league title. Far from it. But if Pep had to choose between another league title and a CL title, it’s clear to me that he’s sacrificing the league.
City don't sacrifice leagues to win CL. They act like a big club and go all out to win both. If they come up short so be it.

Jackie_Treehorn

City don't sacrifice leagues to win CL. They act like a big club and go all out to win both. If they come up short so be it.
You like the back-handed jabs at our club, don’t you?
Easy to have that attitude at a club that spends a hundred kajillion pounds on players yearly. And how many times has that “big club” attitude won them both the league and CL?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You like the back-handed jabs at our club, don’t you?
Easy to have that attitude at a club that spends a hundred kajillion pounds on players yearly. And how many times has that “big club” attitude won them both the league and CL?
Why cause I made one remark? Which was aimed at someone saying Pep will sacrifice the league for the CL which we know he won't and wouldn't allow himself or the club to do.

It's true. Big clubs don't sacrifice trophies unless it's maybe the Carabao Cup.

Just because you haven't won something doesn't mean you haven't adopted the correct attitude and outlook to winning trophies. Which is what football is all about. Maybe in the USA its different or maybe you support so many teams that you always have something to celebrate. But those who only follow Arsenal just want trophies and success. Hopefully we can win the league.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Yeah they are up to their eyeballs in fixture congestion especially if they get further with the FA Cup too. Their Champs League draw will take it out of them regardless of how deep their squad is.

We just need to keep our noses in front and keep putting 3 points on the board. That is all that matters now with the finish line in sight. Keep our players fit and worry about competing in 3 trophies next season when we can get better replacements than the likes of Holding.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I have seen people say City's fixtures are not bad before our match against them. Because if they win Burnley next in the FA Cup, their match before us against Brighton will be post-poned (it has to be played somewhere too btw).

Our match against them is 8 days after their 2nd Bayern match. They will go full strength against them in both matches, and it will tire them.

But my main point is, if I have understood correctly is that if United and City go through in FA Cup, City will play against their arch enemies before our game in a FA Cup semi-final. That's no place to rotate very much? Even if United loses, City will play Fulham before our game which is not very easy opponent either.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I have seen people say City's fixtures are not bad before our match against them. Because if they win Burnley next in the FA Cup, their match before us against Brighton will be post-poned (it has to be played somewhere too btw).

Our match against them is 8 days after their 2nd Bayern match. They will go full strength against them in both matches, and it will tire them.

But my main point is, if I have understood correctly is that if United and City go through in FA Cup, City will play against their arch enemies before our game in a FA Cup semi-final. That's no place to rotate very much? Even if United loses, City will play Fulham before our game which is not very easy opponent either.
One question.

Don't City always have loads of fixtures every year in March/April.

How many times has getting to the semi final or CL final really had a telling influence on their PL form.

A lot of people talk about Cities extra games. But this is a team used to playing 60 games a season. Why would it really phase them?

I never remember City having a period in March or April when they lose say 3 games in a row. Or even say take 1 point from 9 in between CL games.

I think a lot of people have abit of wishful thinking going on.

There's nothing to suggest City don't beat a Brighton after Bayern.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

One question.

Don't City always have loads of fixtures every year in March/April.

How many times has getting to the semi final or CL final really had a telling influence on their PL form.

A lot of people talk about Cities extra games. But this is a team used to playing 60 games a season. Why would it really phase them?
Strain is strain, it will always affect performances at some level. Strain can also cause more injuries. More matches that are also difficult matches will also make it more likely to get injuries by fouls.

Why would you project past seasons to the future in regard of strain and injuries? Football is fine margins game at top level.

I'm not saying anything like they are ruined. I'm just making a point that post-poning the Brighton game doesn't have much effect on their strain before our game unless Pep decides to play mostly youth players in a FA Cup semi-final which I have not seen happen.

So not sure why you replied to me.

Jackie_Treehorn

Why cause I made one remark? Which was aimed at someone saying Pep will sacrifice the league for the CL which we know he won't and wouldn't allow himself or the club to do.

It's true. Big clubs don't sacrifice trophies unless it's maybe the Carabao Cup.

Just because you haven't won something doesn't mean you haven't adopted the correct attitude and outlook to winning trophies. Which is what football is all about. Maybe in the USA it’s different or maybe you support so many teams that you always have something to celebrate. But those who only follow Arsenal just want trophies and success. Hopefully we can win the league.
I’ve read many comments of yours slagging off our club. Your “big club” comment was aimed at Arsenal.
As far as different in the USA goes…I’d say with salary caps and the like it’s tougher to win trophies than just dumping cash like City have done. I support my local soccer/football club, one NHL club (Detroit), and Arsenal. Between them they’ve won two major trophies in the last 5 years, although I have no idea how this is relevant to your argument.
Bottom line: I stand by my “rubbish” comment that Pep might have to sacrifice EPL glory for CL glory. It’s a reasonable take. No idea why you get so heated when anyone gives us a chance to win the league.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Latest posts

Top Bottom