• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
City fans are trying to argue that playing once a week is bad for rhythm and keeping the squad happy, citing our Europa exit as a reason for us to fail. They do feel they need to be perfect and reach 90 points to beat us though. Going to be a hell of a ride.
I think they are basing that of themselves. I think City tend to do pretty well with more games. It allows for greater squad management on their part and keeps 18-19 players sharp so when called upon they are ready.

In our case its different. We will benefit of less matches. City fans would much rather us play like Juventus and meet United in a semi. That's 4 tough games that we have avoided.

City have gotten lucky with the way their fixtures fall around Bayern. Home and easy matches (on paper).

It's gonna be a slog. This league will be won by 1 or 2 points.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
City fans are trying to argue that playing once a week is bad for rhythm and keeping the squad happy, citing our Europa exit as a reason for us to fail. They do feel they need to be perfect and reach 90 points to beat us though. Going to be a hell of a ride.
They could make a case for rhythm but this squad is more united than any other in this league by far lol. Poor shout

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ideally City beat Bayern, then get beat by Madrid in the semis...with Real absolutely pummeling Chelsea in their quarters match.

Think we really need City in the Champions League semi finals, tbh.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

City have to be close to being perfect to win the title IMO and at no stage this season have they ever showed that they are going to go on a mad run. In their most recent Premier League game they created **** all away to Palace and only scored because of a stupid penalty in the 80th or so minute, they would have drawn that game without the penalty. They've filled their boots against Leipzig and Burnley, one of which is a Championship level team, I'm sorry but that doesn't fill me with dread.

In contrast, we've shown multiple times this season we can go on 5+ winning streaks. We could be in a position where we're rocking up to the Etihad with City needing to win just to stay in the title race.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
City have to be close to being perfect to win the title IMO and at no stage this season have they ever showed that they are going to go on a mad run. In their most recent Premier League game they created **** all away to Palace and only scored because of a stupid penalty in the 80th or so minute, they would have drawn that game without the penalty. They've filled their boots against Leipzig and Burnley, one of which is a Championship level team, I'm sorry but that doesn't fill me with dread.

In contrast, we've shown multiple times this season we can go on 5+ winning streaks. We could be in a position where we're rocking up to the Etihad with City needing to win just to stay in the title race.
What I would love to see, and I'll probably get criticised for it as being negative, but I'd love to go to City, them needing a win, us needing not to lose and seeing Mikel do something mad.

Like a back 5. Saliba, Gabi, Tierney with White and Zinchenko.

Something he hasn't done and which shows in a one of match he will fight fire with water. He will say, break us down. Let them get frustrated. And with Martinelli, Saka and Jesus or Trossard us being like a coiled spring, ready to counter.

It would show me that Mikel can adapt.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
89/90 points would be an exceptional haul for City given their schedule till the end of the season.

I want to just see how the break goes now. Fortunately a number of our key players shouldn’t be too heavily involved. Couldn't afford an injury to Gabriel or White.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
89/90 points would be an exceptional haul for City given their schedule till the end of the season.

I want to just see how the break goes now. Fortunately a number of our key players shouldn’t be too heavily involved. Couldn't afford an injury to Gabriel or White.
City's schedule isn't as hard as it looks.

Obviously Bayern is difficult. But in between they have Soton, Leicester and Sheffield U at home.

For talk sake Foden and Grealish start the Bayern match. Gundogan also.

For the PL Mahrez, B Silva and Alvarez come in.

Rodri could be rested with Phillips coming in and they have a semi fresh squad that will likely dominate and beat those 3 teams at home.

We really needed City with the likes of a top 8 side away in those fixtures between Bayern.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Think of just how much more comfortable we would be now with all the calculations and projections had that corrupt dumbass Mason at VAR made the correct decision in the Brentford match?

We would've been 10 points clear (or 7 without extra match), so even a loss at City and dropped points to Pool (or Newscatle) would have allowed us more breathing space.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You guys are going to drive yourselves crazy going over every possible permutation over the next 10 match weeks :lol:

Win 8/10 and we'll win the PL. Play front foot attacking football against every side we play. It's brought us this far, best to stick with it.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
We need them to drop some points vs. Liverpool, but they are in a fantastic form at the moment. The five point gap isn't enough imo.

Let's win vs. Leeds now and see where our squad stands then. They've been lucky with injuries too.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Looks to me that City will have another game rescheduled with the FA cup semi final on 22-04, we should have played 2 PL games more than them by then. Could give them the ko punch at the etihad. Really need Liverpool to get something from them and/or us to get something from Liverpool.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I believe Liverpool will turn up in a big game vs their main rivals over the last few years

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One thing is that we can't go to Anfield needing to win. We need to go to Anfield and try to avoid a defeat there. If we go there chasing a win, we might get blown away. Liverpool have shown that on their day they can still destroy any team at home even though they've largely been ****e this season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

West Ham Bournemouth and Everton please

Could pick up Aguerd or Areola for cheap in East London. Rest of the squad unfortunately trash

I was thinking actually Wolves might be good. Neves would be a dream signing for cheap and could rotate with Xhaka.

Leicester as well have a bunch of players. I like Outtarra from Bournemouth, been a stand out for them like Gnonto at Leeds.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom