• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
April will be very tough with 8 games in 29 days, including games against Liverpool (away), Man City (away), Chelsea (home) and Newcastle (away).

It would actually help if we don’t make it to that stage of the Europa League.

Could be 9 games in 29 days if we are still in the FA cup and the game against Southampton could go to wednesday may 3.

End of the season will be brutal:
  • Saturday april 8: Liverpool away
  • Thursday april 13: Europa League
  • Saturday april 15: West Ham away
  • Thursday april 20: Europa League
  • Saturday april 22: Southampton home (also potentially FA cup)
  • Wednesday april 26: Man City away
  • Saturday april 29: Chelsea home
  • Saturday may 6: Newcastle away
Ditch the FA Cup, play a semi strong side in the EL with Partey, Ødegaard, Saka, Zinchenko and Eddie getting a rest.

We can't just throw every cup away in the search for the league. But the chance to win a European title is big. There are some decent teams in the compeition but nothing like City (FACup) then maybe meeting the likes of a Chelsea/Sp**s/Newcastle etc in quarters and semis etc.

I'd go for the league and the EL. The good thing about the EL is we can gauge how strong we have to go based on our opponents and we can see our league position then in between rounds and adjust.

I just feel how we are playing to throw one cup away so to speak is OK. But not two.

dynasty

I think part of the reason we can still play some of our starters is that we are still only playing a game a week. which any professional should be fine at.
There will be some changes, but i doubt it will be the full 11 (in the fa cup that is)

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Ditch the FA Cup, play a semi strong side in the EL with Partey, Ødegaard, Saka, Zinchenko and Eddie getting a rest.

We can't just throw every cup away in the search for the league. But the chance to win a European title is big. There are some decent teams in the compeition but nothing like City (FACup) then maybe meeting the likes of a Chelsea/Sp**s/Newcastle etc in quarters and semis etc.

I'd go for the league and the EL. The good thing about the EL is we can gauge how strong we have to go based on our opponents and we can see our league position then in between rounds and adjust.

I just feel how we are playing to throw one cup away so to speak is OK. But not two.

Think we need to use the City game for some players to get sharp. They'll rotate as well, but Tomi looked off it last night at the start, guys like KT, Tomi, Trossard, ESR all need to get some important minutes.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Think we need to use the City game for some players to get sharp. They'll rotate as well, but Tomi looked off it last night at the start, guys like KT, Tomi, Trossard, ESR all need to get some important minutes.
Yeah spot on. Vieira, Lokonga, Tierney etc all need to get a few minutes in the tank.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
@A__G @Yousif Arsenal do you have the tweet that somebody posted the summary of all PL Top4 predictions by main British journalists and reporters?

There was a list of about 20 of them and noone, absolutely none of them predicted we would make even Top 4, let alone in fight for a title.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
@A__G @Yousif Arsenal do you have the tweet that somebody posted the summary of all PL Top4 predictions by main British journalists and reporters?

There was a list of about 20 of them and noone, absolutely none of them predicted we would make even Top 4, let alone in fight for a title.
I think few predicted we finish 4th but no higher than that. Most of them predicted Liverpool 2nd lol

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Just seen a City fan say we're getting the league gifted as a reaction to yesterday.

:lol:

The lack of self-awarness.

remains

Go full strength against City in the FA Cup. We have a week off either side.

If you send our second team out to get battered what effect will that have on our mentality?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

If you send our second team out to get battered what effect will that have on our mentality?
None. Because it was your second team and will have no bearing on the meeting in the PL.

However play our first team against City, maybe pick up an injury or two and still win the match what benefit do we get? We have to then probably play against United/Newcastle/Liverpool or someone like that in March or April in between EL matches and important league matches.

If you weigh up the risks v the rewards in my opinion the risks outweigh the rewards.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Their second team is still elite and if we go full strength in the cup can see us in a proper battle to win.

Reckon Pep will have them kicking the sh*t out of us because we play again less than two weeks later.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Really hope Sp**s claim 4th after us, City and Newcastle. Sets us up so well for the summer transfer window. City will have one up on us on most occasions. United, Pool, Chelsea if they can offer CL are interesting for players. Newcastle have CL and money but not the history. Sp**s as we all know are serial losers.

DXxq_C1WsAQ5P0f.jpg

Oh, and regarding the title it's done if we beat City once.

Uncle Good-Advice

Arteta will play first team at City. Players will definitely be eager to test their quality there. And looking at other ties there are a lot lower league teams we can play against in later stages. Only Manchester United and Liverpool from top teams (I'm not counting Sp**s).

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Yeah tbh that's a huge oversight, it was obvious from last season we'd improved hugely and we had IMO the best transfer window of all the teams around us, top 4 was looking likely for us (as I said at the time).

Can't blame anyone for not seeing us in a title fight tho obviously.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Arteta is 100% going strong in the FA Cup this Friday; especially as there's a decent break between the next PL game.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom