• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

If I was saying Arsenal should win the league after 3 years of spending, yes it would be but I have not once ever claimed this.

Teams outspending City in recent years however is absolutely facts and there is nothing wrong with it, to compete this is what they should be doing. There are no extra points for spending less or whatever it is you guys are desperately fishing for.

For me City or Pep using the point about spending is disingenuous.

Don’t mean to jump in mid convo, but from my point of view if you’ve spent £1billion on getting your squad to a level to compete, and then every year after that you only need to top it up with £100M-150M windows every summer it’s disingenuous to say “well XYZ have spent more than us recently”.

Whilst it’s true, teams are having to spend more to catch up. On top of that inflation is a thing, what City spent to get to a level to compete every year would cost you around 2 billion now.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

For me City or Pep using the point about spending is disingenuous.

Don’t mean to jump in mid convo, but from my point of view if you’ve spent £1billion on getting your squad to a level to compete, and then every year after that you only need to top it up with £100M-150M windows every summer it’s disingenuous to say “well XYZ have spent more than us recently”.

Whilst it’s true, teams are having to spend more to catch up. On top of that inflation is a thing, what City spent to get to a level to compete every year would cost you around 2 billion now.

I swear to God I don't care

Arsenal won the money table too they are the best at spending money on the planet, ignore Pep.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If someone had said this a couple of years ago you'd have thought they were insane. Actual goosebumps thinking that there's a slim chance we get presented with the Premier League trophy this weekend.

LookingForEric

I think there’s one more twist or turn to come to make us all believe.

Wether that’s Sp**s drawing in the 90th minute (even if City get a last min winner) or West Ham going up against them early doors.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I think there’s one more twist or turn to come to make us all believe.

Wether that’s Sp**s drawing in the 90th minute (even if City get a last min winner) or West Ham going up against them early doors.
I think city score equilizer in injury time.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Jinxing doesn’t exist. Aren’t you a scientist? You should be too smart to believe in that.
Just pulling your string brother.

Of course I don't believe in stuff like that :lol:

But i think you're trying to lower your expectations/hope in preparation for the inevitable but deep down praying Sp**s get something:lol:

Same here tbh

sdotzdot

Established Member
I been banging this we’re winning the league drum for ages.

But tonight is literally it. If Man City wins it is 99% over. Obviously anything can happen in football, but thinking WH getting anything but completely slapped on the final day of the season is close to delusional thinking.

We will find out tonight if we’re going to win the league or not.

quattro

Regardless of what happens tonight, this will be decided on the very last day. City under Guardiola are probably the most formidable dynasty this league has ever seen. Their consistency is simply unreal. We were supposed to be done by the end of December. The fact that we dragged this thing right down to the very last day is nothing short of a minor miracle. Given the nihilism of trying to survive the move to the Emirates during the Roman era followed swiftly by an even bigger case of sustained financial doping in City, I never thought I would ever see us in a position to challenge for the title two seasons in a row (with the second season being better than the last).

It's City's to lose at this point, but I have no doubt we'll still be there to capitalize if they bottle it. It can happen.

LookingForEric

I think city score equilizer in injury time.

You reckon?

I’ve never been in this position as an Arsenal fan, where I can almost touch a title but it’s not in our hands. It’s horrible…

Even a draw tonight and I feel City can knock 5 or 6 past West Ham. Dropping points might also give City jitters in that final game so who knows.

I do feel like if we had beaten Villa we probably drop points at old Trafford or Sp**s with the pressure being top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom