• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Stop being so paranoid. You clearly have no clue about football, if you think he missed that on purpose. Why would he press so high in the first place, if he doesn’t want to score?

By the way, we will most likely win the trophy somewhere during autumn.
Did you actually watch the match? 🤔
He ghosted all match then missed an opportunity a toddler could score

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
You're absolutely right yeah. Liverpool won the CL even before winning the PL.

The CL was weak this year and we didn't capitalize. In fact, even the FA cup was weak this year.

I'm not sure what the plan is honestly. It's obvious now that we probably won't win the PL while Pep is here. I honestly cannot see us winning the PL while Pep is here. And Arteta's record in Europe is worrying. Let's at least win the FA cup next season. This trophy-less run isn't right.

As a club, we might be looking at a period of stagnation if Arteta can't figure this out (in a period where we should be winning things).

Failing to take advantage of ur rivals decline, who is to say they won't get better and we'll have injuries as this season our keys players for the most part have been fit.

Football is not linear, as Wenger said, you seize the opportunity when it's there and in both seasons, the title was in our hands, last season top of the league 93% of the season and this season throwing 20 points in the first 20 games and screwing up to Villa at the Emirates when Liverpool had just lost to Palace earlier in the day.

I'm disappointed with Arteta screwing up with the cups and being naive in Europe.

Artemis

Stop being so paranoid. You clearly have no clue about football, if you think he missed that on purpose. Why would he press so high in the first place, if he doesn’t want to score?

By the way, we will most likely win the trophy somewhere during autumn.
Son could have slotted that in the near post if he wanted to. He telegraphed his shot across goal long before he shot it, even Sky Sports picked up on that. Son doesn't typically shoot like that. If he wanted to score, he knew how to do it (near post, bottom corner), he chose not to, that's his choice.

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
We were mentally weaker last year. That carried over to the first half this season and especially december. By December, despite player change, we still hadn't changed as a squad mentally. The old habits kept reappearing.

Starting in 2024 we changed and improved. One of the best January transfer windows: No transactions. What we needed was already on the squad. Some guys changed positions. Some guys saw their playing time reduced. One loss in PL play in 2024. Unfortunately, that was 1 loss too many. Now it will come down to Sir David Moyes and the Hammers doing the unthinkable and us beating Dyche-ball to win it.

We’ve been on a purple patch in 2024 with a fully fit squad, regularly facing teams who have half their squad injured, and had such a long break between games due to going out of the cups so early.Not a true reflection of our standing.
If we had no Saliba and no Tomiyasu we’d have collapsed this season too.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
We’ve been on a purple patch in 2024 with a fully fit squad, regularly facing teams who have half their squad injured, and had such a long break between games due to going out of the cups so early.Not a true reflection of our ability.

I’m looking forward to whenever you hit your purple patch for posting.

Should be any day now?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
At-least Liverpool when they finished 97 points, losing the title to City with 98 points, they won the UCL that same season.

At-least when Liverpool finished on 92 points, losing the title to City with 93 points, they won the F.A CUP winning the domestic cup double, however they did lose to Madrid in the UCL final.

What is our consolation for this season? That's why I don't get the sentiments of Arsenal fans who are happy to throw our cups even last season why were people happy to be knocked out of the Europa league on Penalties? How are we going to breed a winning mentality if our players are not winning trophies?

You better hope City beat United as we will get to play City at Wembley in the charity shield, which is likely the only chance of winning a trophy with Arteta as his domestic cup record and in Europe are very suspect.

I wonder how many times we'll hear 'bigger fish to fry' next season>? The summer recruitment shall be interesting to see where this team will be heading.
Jesus Christ. We've taken enormous steps forward. Stop being a miserable waffler and support the club.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
We’ve been on a purple patch in 2024 with a fully fit squad, regularly facing teams who have half their squad injured, and had such a long break between games due to going out of the cups so early.Not a true reflection of our ability.

Saliba returning to the French national team with 0 major trophies despite being Arsenal's best player in both seasons, how many seasons will you give before he walks out to greener pastures?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Not me. First time I’m saying it is this season. Most don’t want to admit it but we have been very lucky this season, in many ways.
We've been unlucky on this forum that the German authorities were smart enough to keep you out of the country and eventually prison for stalking. Why you're here instead of Leverkusen-Mania is beyond me. You have never actually supported this club. You have a perverse obsession with one man who doesn't play here anymore.

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
We've been unlucky on this forum that the German authorities were smart enough to keep you out of the country and eventually prison for stalking. Why you're here instead of Leverkusen-Mania is beyond me. You have never actually supported this club. You have a perverse obsession with one man who doesn't play here anymore.

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

I been on this forum since 2010 mate.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Feel he is trying to say last season was better just coz Xhaka played for us :lol:

bergholt

Have I missed something? Listening to the match on TalkSport (in/out), you would think that City have won the league.
Presenters were talking as if City have now won it. There is still a small chance, small that it is. The Anti Arsenal brigade on there.
At least Perry Groves is on there.

Pretty obvious they’ve won it, can’t see how they lose the final game

Artemis

Failing to take advantage of ur rivals decline, who is to say they won't get better and we'll have injuries as this season our keys players for the most part have been fit.

Football is not linear, as Wenger said, you seize the opportunity when it's there and in both seasons, the title was in our hands, last season top of the league 93% of the season and this season throwing 20 points in the first 20 games and screwing up to Villa at the Emirates when Liverpool had just lost to Palace earlier in the day.

I'm disappointed with Arteta screwing up with the cups and being naive in Europe.
You're absolutely right yeah. Arteta would have been in a much better position if we won a few FA cups at least. @Riou was honestly right after all, he said that before.

What worries me the most, is that it's beyond all reasonable doubt that Arteta is appalling in Europe.

I always thought, even if we don't make the PL, we still have a shot in Europe. But unfortunately not under Arteta. There's no chance at all in Europe, that's the sad reality. Every European campaign under Arteta was basically a disaster.

We have literally a better chance in the PL even with City's insane PL record. And that worries me.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Saliba returning to the French national team with 0 major trophies despite being Arsenal's best player in both seasons, how many seasons will you give before he walks out to greener pastures?

I am negotiating your transfer over here.

No buyback clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom