• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bergholt

Not going to forgive going out so early in the carabao and fa cups so early next season. Arteta needs to prioritise trophies now.
Cups don’t matter - personally I don’t care about them. Only two worthwhile titles are PL and CL. I’d rather we ignore cups.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
It is easy to forget for keyboard "winning mentality" merchants.

They’re just shameless twerps man. Not one of them thought we’d be capable of going on this run and if I could be fk’d I’d get the receipts but don’t need paper to know they’re full of 💩

God give me strength…

Mohamed7

So proud of the team and the coaching team. We significantly improved from last season and this was definitely not a fluke title challenge. We are challenging extremely well-drilled machine and we must up our game next season.

Last two seasons, we didn't perform throughout the campaign. The only way to beat City to the title is near perfection in the first 27 matches. Win it by March like Liverpool.

blaze_of_glory

At-least Liverpool when they finished 97 points, losing the title to City with 98 points, they won the UCL that same season.

At-least when Liverpool finished on 92 points, losing the title to City with 93 points, they won the F.A CUP winning the domestic cup double, however they did lose to Madrid in the UCL final.

What is our consolation for this season? That's why I don't get the sentiments of Arsenal fans who are happy to throw our cups even last season why were people happy to be knocked out of the Europa league on Penalties? How are we going to breed a winning mentality if our players are not winning trophies?

You better hope City beat United as we will get to play City at Wembley in the charity shield, which is likely the only chance of winning a trophy with Arteta as his domestic cup record and in Europe are very suspect.

I wonder how many times we'll hear 'bigger fish to fry' next season>? The summer recruitment shall be interesting to see where this team will be heading.
This all changes if Son scores today though? Give it rest, you act like you know so much but you really dont'

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
You're absolutely right yeah. Arteta would have been in a much better position if we won a few FA cups at least. @Riou was honestly right after all, he said that before.

What worries me the most, is that it's beyond all reasonable doubt that Arteta is appalling in Europe.

I always thought, even if we don't make the PL, we still have a shot in Europe. But unfortunately not under Arteta. There's no chance at all in Europe, that's the sad reality. Every European campaign under Arteta was basically a disaster.

We have literally a better chance in the PL even with City's insane PL record. And that worries me.

At-least Poch Sp**s team had a smaller budget when they were failing to get over the line in the league, cups and in Europe, Arteta has the warchest funding and is on the same trajectory since the Covid F.A cup winning team he disassembled.

What will be Arteta's excuse next season when he once again fails to get over the line? Disrupted pre-season because of Copa/Euros/?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
This all changes if Son scores today though? Give it rest, you act like you know so much but you really dont'
This is the same guy who was saying we needed to cash in on Ødegaard because he was easily replaceable to then waxing poetic about him 3 weeks ago to then trashing him again last week. All he does is waffle from moment to moment. The absolute definition of a fair weather "supporter".

Mohamed7

Did you actually watch the match? 🤔
He ghosted all match then missed an opportunity a toddler could score
To be honest, he performed exactly the same against us. He invisible and then missed a fantastic one-on-one chance just before the HT against us.

He's just been that **** since the Asian Cup.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose

Nope, we had in our hands regardless vs Villa and failed. Also throwing away 20 points in the first 20 games doesn't help despite us knowing City are relentless, they had several injuries to key players and were dropping points too but got over the line. What do you know? cheeky moderator acting arrogant.

fute

We’ve been on a purple patch in 2024 with a fully fit squad, regularly facing teams who have half their squad injured, and had such a long break between games due to going out of the cups so early.Not a true reflection of our standing.
If we had no Saliba and no Tomiyasu we’d have collapsed this season too.

It is a true reflection of our standing.

However, you make a great point: Our depth is thin at just about everywhere.

This year we were fortunate Gabby, Saliba, and White all stayed healthy. Same with Rice. Jorginho played more than was expected and should have, but admirably. Right now, Kai is our only consistenly playing CF and he was signed by Arteta to replace your boy, Xhaka in the midfield.

But, 2024 was a great run for us. Top heavy as we are, we played well in PL play.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
People forgot we were FC Joke. Unbelievable. Same mindset underestimate Klopp's achievements in Liverpool by saying that he only won 1 league and 1 UCL.
Exactly. Less than 2 years ago when we were getting destroyed by the Spuds and Newcastle to miss out on the CL, we were wondering how we'd get back there. Nobody saw us being able to take City to the last day this quickly. The lack of perspective is insane. We've not won a trophy in 4 years. Arsène with all of his experience had a 9 year drought, obviously with some mitigating circumstances. This is the best Arsenal team in the last 15 years and would be about 2-3 years younger on average than any PL title winner in the last 30 years even if it won next season and not this season. To downplay where this team was and where it has come in a short period of time is crazy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom