• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The thing is with City they’ve built this machine where they have 6 or 7 defenders where the quality does not drop no matter who’s playing. That’s partly down to Rodri as well, the blokes never injured. They have no depth for Rodri and continue to never address that/never need to address it.

And then of course they have a few consistent match winners in forward areas. Fodens stepped up, Haaland scores for fun and is rarely injured. Alvarez drops in when need be (reminds me of Trossard for us). Bernardo, KDB etc on top of that as well.

They have a good blend of older match winners and also young match winners. We don’t have the older match winners in the team or any real consistent match winners.

I’d say the difference between Arsenal and City, besides their experience of course, is the fact they have Haaland and KDB, who are game changers. We don’t have two forwards on that level.

Stones/Dias vs Saliba/Gabriel, Rodri vs Rice, Ødegaard vs Bernardo, Foden vs Saka ect. There really isn’t anything in it.

We have to get that level raising forward in the summer, the time to be ruthless is now.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I’d say the difference between Arsenal and City, besides their experience of course, is the fact they have Haaland and KDB, who are game changers. We don’t have two forwards on that level.

Stones/Dias vs Saliba/Gabriel, Rodri vs Rice, Ødegaard vs Bernardo, Foden vs Saka ect. There really isn’t anything in it.

We have to get that level raising forward in the summer, the time to be ruthless is now.

Yeah we need to go big on a couple of players.

The question is do you risk that money on a guy like Gyökeres who has 58 G/A this season. Or do you go for Isak who has half of that knowing he’ll hit the ground running?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah we need to go big on a couple of players.

The question is do you risk that money on a guy like Gyökeres who has 58 G/A this season. Or do you go for Isak who has half of that knowing he’ll hit the ground running?

I think the players we go for have to be ones that you could envisage City going for. Ask yourself, would City have gone for a guy like Gyokeres when they needed a striker? I’m not sure.

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
Would it to be fair to say this City team has likely peaked? They weren’t as impressive as last year, the likes of KDB, Dias, Walker all a year older. A year closer to Pep’s eventual exit.

Us on the other hand have a young team, capable of improving, as proven last year into this season. Mikel is learning and improving season on season too.

Disappointing outcome, but lots to be positive about.

I agree. City haven’t been as good as seasons gone by. Which for me only adds to the disappointment that we didn’t win it this season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We took 4 point of them what this guy waffling about? Who came at Emirates and had one shot on target all game?

I'm not falling into this c**t nonsense I hope Arteta never change his approach when we play man city it's impossible you take 6 points against them. 4 points is best you get and you get them by playing cautious not attacking them all game they not Burnley or Luton they have elite players can put 3 past you with ease.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
We're probably the most hated team in the league I think.

Every season we had ***** from Brighton, Villa, Newcastle, WHU coming here to 1v1 us thinking we're on level playing field. The way fans are butthurt when we approach their players, the way they were praying we don't win it...

They way Sp**s and WHU handled the City game was embarassing as well. No mercy to these idiots next season.

I want blood.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
We took 4 point of them what this guy waffling about? Who came at Emirates and had one shot on target all game?

I'm not falling into this c**t nonsense I hope Arteta never change his approach when we play man city it's impossible you take 6 points against them. 4 points is best you get and you get them by playing cautious not attacking them all game they have elite players can put 3 past you with ease.

He’s right. We went to The Ethiad to not lose. We needed to pick moments to attack better, not just that one Trossard moment.

As Neville said, City can go perfect, so when Liverpool and Arsenal play them, they have to try and hurt them, to create a buffer.

People will say, a draw was a good result and it’s Villa where we lost the league, but come on, did anyone expect us to be perfect after the City game? With the fixtures we had? No. We needed that buffer. Normally, a point at The Ethiad is a great result, but in this scenario, we needed that buffer.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
He’s right. We went to The Ethiad to not lose. We needed to pick moments to attack better, not just that one Trossard moment.

As Neville said, City can go perfect, so when Liverpool and Arsenal play them, they have to try and hurt them, to create a buffer.

People will say, a draw was a good result and it’s Villa where we lost the league, but come on, did anyone expect us to be perfect after the City game? With the fixtures we had? No. We needed that buffer. Normally, a point at The Ethiad is a great result, but in this scenario, we needed that buffer.
Real Madrid gone at Etihad played the same way? They knocked out Man city are they cowards too? Man city spent all game at Anfield defending and got lucky not to lose by 4 goals why Rodri don't speak about that too? These are mind games don't fall into them

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
So it's alright for Fergie, Mourinho, Conte and a dozen other PL winners to put men behind the ball in away games but as soon as Arteta does it players from 115 charges start puffing out their chest :lol:
They want all teams attack them and leave space for De Bruyne Foden Haaland B.Silva to exploit I'm not sure who they fooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom