• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 21/22: Gameweek 22 (Feb 3-8)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,580
  • Views 62,107

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It took Tuchel 3 games for the Chelsea players to learn his style of play. Infact you could see Tuchel's style of play instantly.

As you said, new player so It'll take a bit of time but after a pre season next season they better finish in the CL. He cant finish 8th.
Ah yeah top 4 minimum. For some reason I thought you were talking titles.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Potter ain’t lasting the season.

Is he that good? I mean his reputation is basically built around him managing teams who perform a lot worse than they should statistically. Constantly underperforming at Brighton when it comes to all the xG stuff. The same happened at Swansea. The assumption was with better players that would be corrected but Brighton are doing better with a similar squad and Chelsea are terrible.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don’t blame enzo for pushing for a move even he could have better choices in the summer. He is on 305k a week

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think also it is in their culture to sack the manager. They are not known for patience.

Potter clearly isn’t involved in recruitment at all. How often do you see that kind of model work for extended periods? Clubs with that model tend to change coaches more often.

Clubs where coaches stay longer tend to have the coach more involved in recruitment decisions. The fact Potter had no clue who was walking through the door in January suggests he won’t be there for long.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Potter clearly isn’t involved in recruitment at all. How often do you see that kind of model work for extended periods? Clubs with that model tend to change coaches more often.

Clubs where coaches stay longer tend to have the coach more involved in recruitment decisions. The fact Potter had no clue who was walking through the door in January suggests he won’t be there for long.
Obviously he's an ambitious manager. His history from Østersund to Swansea and Brighton tells that. I do think Chelsea is an extraordinary poor choice.... time will well though. I think he would have been well advised to hang on at Brighton. His star would have still shone brightly, and there could have been more solid clubs waiting.

I think that is one strong shining light of Arsenal football club. We are not a sacking club. My views on Arteta might have been derided. But I've always felt strongly that the best choice is to back the Arsenal manager, whoever he might be. Throughout my time I've only looked for two managers to be sacked, Rioch and Emery. Rioch because he was a complete dinosaur, and Emery because he had clearly lost the dressing room.

GunnerUK

Subbing Mudryk off at half time is soooo Chelsea. Confidence already destroyed player is done. give it 18 months he’ll be back in Ukraine on loan with a permanent move following shortly after for a 3rd of the price they paid for him This would never happen at Arsenal. Arteta would have been smart enough in handling the player slowly easing him in and knowing exactly when to bring him on as a sub or start.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Arteta's tactical genius and complex triangles had Willian bare confused. Marco Silva has unlocked the freedom in his game with the back to basics.

So you’re saying… it’s his football IQ that was the problem?

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Subbing Mudryk off at half time is soooo Chelsea. Confidence already destroyed player is done. give it 18 months he’ll be back in Ukraine on loan with a permanent move following shortly after for a 3rd of the price they paid for him This would never happen at Arsenal. Arteta would have been smart enough in handling the player slowly easing him in and knowing exactly when to bring him on as a sub or start.
He’ll be clearing pigshit with a tractor by seasons end…

GunnerUK

Right 100%.

Chelsea are trying to sign next generation franchise players for Shirt Sales and Sponsorship deals. Real Madrid were notorious for this in the early 00’s with the Galacticos era difference is Real Madrid were ridiculously good at it and very shrewd in recruiting. Did they ever need David Beckham.? Or was he just a marketing signing with the number 23 shirt like Michael Jordan - they sold that soooo much and made fortunes.

Also that team Won things LOTS of things lol Chelsea are just a joke with an endless pocket

Buhry

Established Member

l
Not every situation is like Arteta's situation mate, you dont need 3 years to make it work. We needed 3 years because we literally had a championship defense and could only spend 70m ish a summer. Chelsea have a top drawer team after spending 600m! its not the same! Potter needs to produce next season or he'll get the sack. No way will he have 3 years and he shouldn't after spending that much.

I'd say if they aren't title contenders next season it's a failure after the spending spree they've been on.
Granted they'd still need to buy a good DM and a good actual striker to be competitive but having blown all that money you'd expect them to get results, regardless of if they filled the holes they needed or not. Not our problem if they spent them unwisely. The pressure is on.

He’ll be clearing pigshit with a tractor by seasons end…

They gave him an 8 year contract on big wages, mans not gonna have to work a day in his life ever again.

G0D

Almighty
Chelsea will be absolutely fine….

If they throw another 500Mil at it in the summer.
Gotta think that if they don’t make the CL this year then they may be in a world of trouble next year…. Their amortization was a smart tactic to get a whole load of players in but they’ve basically spend most of their money for their next few seasons now unless there’s significant prize money coming their way.

Gotta hope that no CL will mean they have to sell to buy! That’s if FFP means anything at all… hopefully it does now they’ve tackled this loophole.

Buhry

Established Member

Gotta think that if they don’t make the CL this year then they may be in a world of trouble next year…. Their amortization was a smart tactic to get a whole load of players in but they’ve basically spend most of their money for their next few seasons now unless there’s significant prize money coming their way.

Gotta hope that no CL will mean they have to sell to buy! That’s if FFP means anything at all… hopefully it does now they’ve tackled this loophole.

The chance of them making the CL at this point is extremely low. They don't score goals. They have like 5 goals in 12 last games. And United and Newcastle both look solid, they didn't fluke their way into the top 4. They'd both have to drop off and Chelsea would have to go on a winning spree, neither seems that likely.

FFP seems like a joke though so I doubt anything will happen but we'll see. Would be nice. Bet if Boehly just pays the right people at UEFA they'll get away with it.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom