• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 22/23: Gameweek 28 (Mar 17-19)

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I'm not saying that Haaland isn't a top goalscorer, he's a monster and Man City are still a top quality side. It'll be tough to beat them.

I think the days of out and out number 9's are on the way out though. I felt Man City were more effective with more points of attack. Everything is focused on servicing Haaland now really. I think overall it's a little counterproductive.

They just won 7-0 and 6-0 in consecutive games. They’re in top form, with this number 9.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm not saying that Haaland isn't a top goalscorer, he's a monster and Man City are still a top quality side. It'll be tough to beat them.

I think the days of out and out number 9's are on the way out though. I felt Man City were more effective with more points of attack. Everything is focused on servicing Haaland now really. I think overall it's a little counterproductive.
I actually think they are doing a very poor job of that. If you see how many of his runs that are not noticed, it is surprising.

Would you have him in our team?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Honestly if we win the league it would be big overachievement and it’s the perfect time to strengthen the team. We need a world class striker and Osimhen would be perfect. We need something to counter Haaland with.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Pure 9s will never disappear completely, it’s one of the basic building blocks of the game. Lewa, Benzema, Kane, now Haaland, Nunez, Osimhen, Vlahovic, there’ll always be big strong 9s. We’re missing out by not having one.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I actually think they are doing a very poor job of that. If you see how many of his runs that are not noticed, it is surprising.

Would you have him in our team?

I can't say he's not a far superior striker than anyone we've got so yeah I'd take him for sure but I think we'd have to change the way we play.

I do agree that he's making too many good runs that aren't getting picked out.

I think his all round game is pretty average though. If he can bump that up a level or two he'll be in the running for best striker of the modern era. Can't see him surpassing the proper Ronaldo but anyone else is fair game.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Pure 9s will never disappear completely, it’s one of the basic building blocks of the game. Lewa, Benzema, Kane, now Haaland, Nunez, Osimhen, Vlahovic, there’ll always be big strong 9s. We’re missing out by not having one.
Specially when we have Jesus who can easily play with one. There is no way we can be at this level next season without a proper goalscorer

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I can't say he's not a far superior striker than anyone we've got so yeah I'd take him for sure but I think we'd have to change the way we play.

I do agree that he's making too many good runs that aren't getting picked out.

I think his all round game is pretty average though. If he can bump that up a level or two he'll be in the running for best striker of the modern era. Can't see him surpassing the proper Ronaldo but anyone else is fair game.
I agree that this is where he needs to improve. He is a very classic 9, though at a time where you don't see many top teams playing with 2 strikers.

I haven't seen him live since he was 17, and then it was obvious, even to me, that there was something special there. It is rare you see someone with that physical size with pace and technical ability in front of goal.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

I agree that this is where he needs to improve. He is a very classic 9, though at a time where you don't see many top teams playing with 2 strikers.

I haven't seen him live since he was 17, and then it was obvious, even to me, that there was something special there. It is rare you see someone with that physical size with pace and technical ability in front of goal.

He's a freak. Was he as physically impressive as a 17 year old? He looks like the sort of kid who would have been an early developer like Rooney.

I take it that in Norway he and Ødegaard are seen as the best talents you've ever produced?

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Those guys all have better all round games that Haaland though. Benzema, Kane etc are in a different stratosphere.

He's great but he does need to improve his all round game. You can't just be a pure goalscorer these days really.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He is basically football version of shaquille oneal. Just a freak of nature that can’t be stopped

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's a freak. Was he as physically impressive as a 17 year old? He looks like the sort of kid who would have been an early developer like Rooney.

I take it that in Norway he and Ødegaard are seen as the best talents you've ever produced?
At 17 you could see the same as you see now, that strange combination of physical presence, speed and technical ability in front of goal. I think since then he has improved his understanding of the game. I believe if you look at Giroud, you have physical presence and technical ability, but you give up a bit of speed.

Him and Ødegaard in their positions, are probably the best we have produced. Rune Bratseth was absolutely amazing as a defender. We probably do not have many Germans here that remember him, but he was a fantastic defender.

Keplaz

Haaland will be remembered as the best goalscorer of all time. His all round game isn't exceptional, but his goalscoring is generational. Not even R9 could score like this. R9 had more to his game, dribbling, passing, but as a goalscorer Haaland is levels.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Haaland will be remembered as the best goalscorer of all time. His all round game isn't exceptional, but his goalscoring is generational. Not even R9 could score like this. R9 had more to his game, dribbling, passing, but as a goalscorer Haaland is levels.
If he lives long enough

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Those guys all have better all round games that Haaland though. Benzema, Kane etc are in a different stratosphere.

He's great but he does need to improve his all round game. You can't just be a pure goalscorer these days really.

Sure he needs to improve his all round game but he’s 22. Most strikers that age are still struggling to deal with CBs or stay onside. He’s scoring a goal a game. He’s a freak.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom