• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa | Sunday 14th April | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalAstonVilla2122.jpg

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 Aston Villa

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
We need to make sure there's a team that's strong enough to win, but we also need to realize we have Bayern away next. I'd play Zinchenko vs. Villa, as I'm thinking they'll drop deep and we need his passing. Tomiyasu looks the better option against Sane. The rest of the defense picks itself.

Ødegaard in midfield with Partey and Rice, if things go smooth I'd sub Ødegaard off and maybe Rice too in the second half. Start with Saka, Havertz and Jesus, with Martinelli and Trossard to get at least 25 minutes.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
but I would go for Kiwior as a starter. He needs to get his confidence back and he won't be playing against Bayern away.

Yeah agree with this - It’s important to show kiwi that he’s been doing well overall (he has), but bayerns specific players and tactics were not the game for him

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It depends if ESR start you have to get Tomi or Kiwi because if you play ESR and Zinny it gonna expose us defensively. If Jorginho start then Zinny can start as LB

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
Easy win for Arsenal. Aston Villa only have 2 days to prepare for this after today’s conference game.
Our luck continues.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Raya
White Saliba Gabriel Tomi
Partey Rice
Ødegaard
ESR Nketiah Jesus

Start with that and if needed bring on Trossard, Kai and Saka/Martinelli later on imo

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
You'll win. Fairly comfortably.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Emery rotates heavily again.

I really wouldn't be worried if I were you. We're not the team we were in December. We're limping over the line with injuries and suspensions and Emery is clearly targetting the games we "should" be winning.

With the Lille games sandwiching this one, I can't see us getting anything from the Emirates

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Never said this before: Bench Saka, see how it goes. There’s no option but to make big changes.
I dunno about this. I expect Saka to play at least an hour. If we're up by a decent margin then he'll come off. Nelson's not gonna get the nod IMO. He got his chance to start and regressed back into the scared kid from a couple seasons ago.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah agree with this - It’s important to show kiwi that he’s been doing well overall (he has), but bayerns specific players and tactics were not the game for him
So putting him against Bailey is a good idea? I agree with what you’re saying but there aren’t a lot of pl wingers that’d be worse for him with this in mind.

Energoto

You'll win. Fairly comfortably.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Emery rotates heavily again.

I really wouldn't be worried if I were you. We're not the team we were in December. We're limping over the line with injuries and suspensions and Emery is clearly targetting the games we "should" be winning.

With the Lille games sandwiching this one, I can't see us getting anything from the Emirates
guess its a good thing for us that Unai is starting his big guns tonight

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I dunno about this. I expect Saka to play at least an hour. If we're up by a decent margin then he'll come off. Nelson's not gonna get the nod IMO. He got his chance to start and regressed back into the scared kid from a couple seasons ago.
Jesus RW though? It’s a tough one again. We sort of can’t bench him but he really looks beat. This run in and add a Euro on top boy will be a shadow of his true self come fall

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
So putting him against Bailey is a good idea? I agree with what you’re saying but there aren’t a lot of pl wingers that’d be worse for him with this in mind.

Good point… 😭

Tom Mix

I am not sure that everyone is understanding that our first XI is not necessarily at the moment our fittest XI. There is a trade-off and some players may need to be rested or started from the bench to get the best out of them and the team.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Saka’s obviously carrying something but if he gets cleared he’ll play because I don’t think fatique is an issue with him.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Partey because I don’t think we should overplay Jorgi. Especially not with 2 days between this and Munich.

Tomi should start to see where he’s at. If he’s tired take him off early, we have options at LB.

LW is a tricky one. Could try and play Martinelli into some form or reward Trossard with a start. I prefer Jesus centrally but he could well start out wide as well.

Raya
White, Saliba, Gabriel, Tomi
Partey, Rice
Saka, Ode, Trossy
Harvetz

2-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom