• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League Hall of Fame

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Who would Sp**s get as dead certs?

Les Ferdinand, Ginola, sheringham and sol all by association but not necessarily for their time at the club

Mabbutt, king, Defoe

Kane further down the line

Bale, Sol, Carrick, Ginola and Teddy...Robbie Keane can get in the Hall of Fame for worst celebration.

Last edited:

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
United -

Peter , Edwin, De gea
Irwin, G Neville, Bruce, Palli, Rio, Vidic, evra
Keane, ince, scholes, Robson? (Can't remember if his better years came before prem era, same with Paul parker), Beckham, Giggs, Ronaldo, Carrick
Cantona, Rooney, Yorke, Cole, horse head, RVP (more through association), berbatov, ogs, sheringham

Probably missed a few there as well. Crikey.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Bale, Sol, Carrick, Ginola and Teddy...Robbie Keane can get in the Hall of Fame for worst celebration.

Forgot about Robbie. Not high up the list but definitely worthy of inclusion at some point

On a similar note. Players from less desirable clubs that should be under consideration:

Tim Cahill anyone? Viduka? Yeboah worth a shout just for those thunderbolt volleys in mid 90's?

Ali Dia for his souness con? :rofl:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It's a stupid idea and bound to lead to deserving players being left out because they played for unfashionable teams and others getting in on the coat-tails of playing for successful teams.

You would probably have Silvestre elected and Matt Le Tissier left out.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It's a stupid idea and bound to lead to deserving players being left out because they played for unfashionable teams and others getting in on the coat-tails of playing for successful teams.

You would probably have Silvestre elected and Matt Le Tissier left out.
I don't think Silvestre would get in but I agree it'll be cheapened if players get in just because they played for successful teams. Feel like you should only get into the HoF if you were one of the best players in the world at your position in the time you played. That's why an Ashley Cole would deserve to be elected and someone like Gael Clichy wouldn't despite being a part of a few successful teams.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don't think Silvestre would get in but I agree it'll be cheapened if players get in just because they played for successful teams. Feel like you should only get into the HoF if you were one of the best players in the world at your position in the time you played. That's why an Ashley Cole would deserve to be elected and someone like Gael Clichy wouldn't despite being a part of a few successful teams.

That means Vardy will never get elected despite winning the league and having seasons that put Leicester 4-6?

You pick players based on their impact.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Being a league winner will not be enough. Don’t know why people are mentioning Clichy, bloke was trash, league winner or not people like him and Silvestre are not making any HoF.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cantona and Shearer are good first year shouts. Bergkamp and Giggs for year 2. Keane and Vieira year 3.

I’m not a Giggs fan though, I’ll put Beckham before him but there is some weird obsession with Giggs because he played for 30 years straight or something.

Guys like Defoe, Le Tiss, Fowler, Yorke and Cole etc would be strong shouts.

Carragher, Irwin, Wright etc.

None of them the best in the world at any time, Irwin aside.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
That means Vardy will never get elected despite winning the league and having seasons that put Leicester 4-6?

You pick players based on their impact.
The PL describe the HoF as being for "exceptional" players, I don't think two standout seasons where he helped the team get into the top 4 is worth that tbh. He might end up close to 150 goals, PL title, record for most consecutive games scored etc, and the narrative of Leicester's underdog status in 15/16 which could help his case but I wouldn't say he's a lock at all.
Guys like Defoe, Le Tiss, Fowler, Yorke and Cole etc would be strong shouts.

Carragher, Irwin, Wright etc.

None of them the best in the world at any time, Irwin aside.
If that's the case then basically anyone with a decent amount of achievements on wikipedia can get in, which would certainly make it less of a distinction. The HoF is only special if the absolute best get in imo.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
The Vardy story is a great one and there's no denying his impact in the PL so he's definitely a future candidate for the HoF.

Wondering who else currently playing will be in with a shot (mainly from just the big six) in many years to come

David Silva is a lock, as is Aguero. Walker and Sterling will be in there no doubt. KdB.

Virgil and quite a few of the other Liverpool lads no doubt.

Özil?

Obviously De Gea but struggling for any other United players as things stand. Rashford and a few of the youngsters could change that.

Harry Kane

Azpil at Chelsea? Been a great servant for them.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

They need to have a first round of like 10 players before they start doing two a year. That’s going to take ages ffs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...some bizarre opinions on here, especially from the guy who I think is a Liverpool fan...

Says no one would put Seaman in the hall of fame, suggests Pepe ****ing Reina!

Implies England would have been a better team without Rooney, and Liverpool would be a better team without Gerrard :lol:

The Geordie also saying that Terry maintained his level longer than Rio, I remember Terry having some very dodgy seasons in the 2010s.

Plus Bergkamp not getting a mention is just wrong on every level!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
obvious choices they are best strikers ever. i think there will be few Manutd players next like Rooney Giggs Scholes Keane.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom