• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Qualifiers for the European Championship 2008.

DREVAK

Established Member
Well, I rate him highly, eh! Although to be completely fair he is still young, and while he has shown very good stuff here and there in the past, even in his first two matches in Bundesliga, I feel it is still a bit too soon to firmly state that he absolutely should start in the national team. On the other hand, with the Czech NT's situation being what it is, I think those points lose some of their strength (albeit I would still consider them valid).

But Brückner won't field him. I am so, so sure about that. Even if Baros and Koller sank even lower in their performances, he won't. He is, well, old for a lack of a better word. And I am not talking about age here. It is about his views being the only thing that matters, being selfish to an extent, he is right and everybody else is wrong. Like a grumpy old man, hence the old remark.

Sadly, one of his truths is that the Baros and Koller partnership works well and there is no need to change it. That was correct some years ago. But not now. As I said in my last post, take the match against Germany. The stars were right and the unthinkable happened. Brückner was forced to field a very different team. Different players, different style. And it was a success.

Sure, Germany were not at their best, but I dare say that the Czech performance played an important role as well. After such a positive display, one would think the manager would take the hint, right? Well, wrong. I know it sounds like I blame Brückner for everything that is wrong with the Czech national team. And, uh, that's exactly what I meant. I am aware there are different factors to the problem, some out of his jurisdiction, so to speak. But even so he is in a position to correct many of them. Yet he refuses to do so.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom