• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Random Football Stuff

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Özil comes to Arsenal - Madrid win that elusive CL and then go on to win few more in the next few seasons
Alexis - Barca win the CL
Pepe, Gabriel - Lille about to win Ligue 1 (Though 1 season later for Pepe)
Partey - Atletico about to win La Liga.

GDeep™

League is very weak
With Aguero leaving, who are your top 5 PL strikers ever? Hard to judge because the game keeps changing and strikers have different demands.

1-Henry
2-Shearer
3-Aguero
4-Kane
5-Suarez

It’s hard to judge, Nistelrooy for example would have score every week if he was around today, Henry would’ve ruined teams today, nobody can defend.

Shearer played in lesser teams and in a time where defenders could bully you more, now a defender can’t even touch you.

Hard to judge Aguero, played in a fantasy team, chances on a plate every game.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Henry and Suarez were the two most talented. Shearer the best goalscorer.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
With Aguero leaving, who are your top 5 PL strikers ever? Hard to judge because the game keeps changing and strikers have different demands.

1-Henry
2-Shearer
3-Aguero
4-Kane
5-Suarez

It’s hard to judge, Nistelrooy for example would have score every week if he was around today, Henry would’ve ruined teams today, nobody can defend.

Shearer played in lesser teams and in a time where defenders could bully you more, now a defender can’t even touch you.

You've pretty much nailed it with that top 5. At his peak Suarez would be third but obviously not here long enough. There's a number of strikers who'd have thrived just as much today, probably even more. Likes of Van Nistelrooy, Cole, Wright, Hasselbaink.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hard for me to rate Kane and Shearer, tbh.

Hate Harry with a passion, while Alan isn't much better (seems to dislike Arsenal for some reason, plus he keeps trying to say Aguero > Henry ffs) think Rooney was better than both.

Would have Van Persie over Suarez too, Luis wasn't in the league long enough for me, though talent wise, I would have him probably tied with Aguero in second.

Thierry obvs number 1, anyone who doesn't put him top clearly has an agenda.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Considering the teams Shearer played in, he did extremely well getting the goals he did. A top quality forward.

Honestly though, it is hard to get past Henry, even if you're a gooner and biased. No matter who we played, I always felt we had a chance, because we had Henry and the opposition didn't.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Aymeric Laporte has officially switched allegiances from France to Spain, he'll play for them at the Euros. Still baffles me how he never got a call-up to the French squad.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
The other Team that I support, Gloucester City, have had some connections with Arsenal.
We played a pre-season match with Arsenal during the mid 1980's. Arsenal won 6-0 and George Graham brought his First Team. The Team consisted of, Lukic, Thomas, Rocastle, Smith, Nicholas, Adams, O' Leary.
David Rocastle has played twice at Gloucester, he was in a Chelsea 11. A young John Terry came off the bench to play. We also played the Everton First Team in 1994. Anders Limpar played in that game.
Gloucester City have had players with Arsenal connections. These names may not be familiar to you. In the Arsenal Youth Team during the 1990's was a player Justin Lee. Having had Arsenal Handbooks, I knew of the First, Reserve and Youth Team players. He was in the Arsenal Youth Team. He played one game for Gloucester. We had a striker, Matthew Rawlins who I knew about when he was at Arsenal. He scored a few goals at Arsenal Youth level. Think he comes from Bristol, he signed for Gloucester I think it was during the early 2000's. Scored a few goals. We have also had a midfielder, Jamie Edge. Think he started off at Cheltenham Town, went to Arsenal and has also been at West Bromwich Albion. He had, (I think it was) two spells with us. He was a creative midfielder, he went onto play for Hereford FC and Swindon Supermarine.
May be more GCAFC/AFC connections in the future.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

@Notorious Big CL group stage should be fun next season

Yeah,reckon that United,Liverpool,Inter and maybe Atletico can deliver more in next season.Barca,Real and Juve should not be that big threat if they don't have some massive rebuild over summer and find proper managers.

POT 3 with Dortmund,Leipzig and Atalanta and POT 4 with Milan.Should be some great groups.

Reactions: A_G

Andrew Cole Linighan

I have been lucky to go on Holiday to New York on a few occasions. On one visit, I bought the home New York Red Bulls shirt with HENRY 14 on the back. On another visit, I bought a Adidas New York Red Bull T-Shirt with B WRIGHT-PHILLIPS 99 on the back. There is a sports store close to Maddison Square Garden. The Hotel was literally just across the street and two blocks down from Maddison Square Garden.
Like to go to an MLS game. Like to go and watch Atlanta United at the Mercedes Benz Stadium. It looks an impressive Stadium. 🇺🇸🌃🏟️🥅⚽

Andrew Cole Linighan

Watching Gloucester City Home and Away, I have come across ex professional footballers, or there Sons playing. We were in the National League South for two seasons. We played St Alban's City where Paul Merson's Son, Sam Merson, played for them. He is a striker, he scored a Garrick against us as we lost 4-1 in a Home game. Been to St Alban's ground twice. On the last visit after the game, I was told that Paul Merson was stood alongside the pitch.
In National League North, a league we have been in for over ten seasons, I have come across various people. Andy Sinton, (ex QPR, Sheff Wed, Tottenham) was Manager of AFC Telford Utd. Frank Sinclair, (Chelsea, Leicester) was Manager of Colwyn Bay. Jason Lee, (Nottingham forest) Boston Utd Manager. Brian Little, (Aston Villa Manager) Gainsborough Trinity Manager.
We played Salford City for about two seasons. On the first away visit there, I saw Gary Neville with some mates watching the game alongside the pitch. Some Gloucester supporters were asking for selfies which he was happy to do. Was told that Paul Scholars was stood at the opposite end of the ground. Didn't see him.
Ian Walker, (ex Tottenham Goalkeeper) was Manager of Bishops Stortford. Charlie Sheringham, Son of Teddy, is a striker having played for Dartford and Hemel Hempstead. Dave Beasant has a Son who was a goalkeeper for Chelmsford City.
Tim Flowers and Matt Elliott were Manager and Assistant Manager at Stafford Rangers.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Just a mention about Hereford FC. A team in the same league as Gloucester City. They got to last weekends FA Trophy Final at Wembley, where they faced AFC Hornchurch. Hereford FC took the lead, but went onto lose 3-1.
A crowd of 10,000 attended the game. Hereford were at Wembley a few years ago in the FA Vase Final. Lost in that match as well.

Andrew Cole Linighan

1-Henry
2-Shearer
3-Aguero
4-Kane
5-Suarez

Yes, that is a Spot On Top 5. Agree with you on those. Two strikers I can think of, may not be in the same class, but seemed to score goals wherever they went. 1) Jemaine Defoe, 2) Michael Owen. Another 3 alternative strikers would be, 3) Ian Wright, 4) Andrew Cole, 5) Ruud Van Nistillroy.

Andrew Cole Linighan

When I have been to watch Arsenal play, I have had food from a Hot Dog Stand on the street. I have had food from the Stadium, (Highbury and Emirates Stadium). I would arrive via Arsenal Underground, look around Stalls, then go onto the Stadium.
I have never ventured beyond Gillespie Road and Avenell Road.
I have watched on YouTube Arsenal Fan TV, where Robbie goes to Piebury Corner. Looks a brilliant place, with Pies named after Past Players. Next time I am in London, will have to pay a visit.
Somewhere else I would also like to go to is Morecambe FC. Adam Richman, (Man Vs Food Presenter) paid a visit. They do Pies with Mushy Peas and Gravy. They have Won Awards for there Pies. They are handmade at the Stadium.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom