• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rank the eras for Attacking midfielders?

GDeep™

League is very weak
I see players like Bergkamp. Baggio, Cantona and Del Piero as predominately forwards who liked to drop just off their partner. They were more than play-makers. Granted the positions are similar but the differences are that second strikers play a little higher up and have more of a goalscoring responsibility.
But you have Totti?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think Sparta and Dortmund fans would respectfully disagree.

Probably not enough to be up against most of the others on the list, but there is no need to be a **** to him, imo.
What’s he done to be listed next to the best players of a generation? Nothing.

Shalmaneser V

You would classify Eriksen and Modric as AM’s? What’s Kinkladze doing there? Winger mainly. Also a bum.

Eriksen is an AM for club and country. Modric has played there for club and predominantly at international level.

Kinkladze was an absolute gangster player. Put some respect on his name. Granted he faded pretty quickly but in terms of pure talent he deserves to be there in my humble opinion. He was a joy to watch.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Eriksen is an AM for club and country. Modric has played there for club and predominantly at international level.

Kinkladze was an absolute gangster player. Put some respect on his name. Granted he faded pretty quickly but in terms of pure talent he deserves to be there in my humble opinion. He was a joy to watch.

Must have been a gangster in the Georgian league or something. Was a decent winger for City in their bum years. Nothing more.

Shalmaneser V

I agree he shouldn't be up there, just that you were going in a little strongly on him, especially considering he played for the club you allegedly support...you could just say good player, but not as good as the others.

You called out the likes of Eriksen and Kinkladze too, which is fair enough.

You just seem unnecessarily angry these days, i'm worried about you man.

Rosicky was excellent at Sparta and Dortmund and a key figure in an exciting Czech side that should have won Euro 2004.

Between 2000-2006 he was one of the best attacking midfielders in world football, no question.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He wasn’t a winger. Cmon lad.
Yeah, looks like I was wrong, always thought he played off the wing for City, but reading an article now on how the manager built the team around him and how that caused problems for the rest of the players. At that time English football was religiously 442, but City couldn’t play that as it wouldn’t accommodate Kinkladze.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Rosicky was excellent at Sparta and Dortmund and a key figure in an exciting Czech side that should have won Euro 2004.

Between 2000-2006 he was one of the best attacking midfielders in world football, no question.
Nah. He was decent, nothing more. He wasn’t in the same category as the elite players of his position at the time.

Lots of romanticism around him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Was a top player no doubt, one of my favs growing up.

Seedorf should be in one of the lists too...maybe Okocha, definitely Okocha if Kinkladze is there.

Shalmaneser V

Was a top player no doubt, one of my favs growing up.

Seedorf should be in one of the lists too...maybe Okocha, definitely Okocha if Kinkladze is there.

Seedorf good player. Box2box central midfielder though.

Okocha is a good shout. But I’m telling you if Kinkladze was playing in the current City side, he’d be in contention for the Ballon’Dor.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom