• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,471,758

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Whoever these players are let’s hope there’s a CB, LB and CM otherwise this team’s going nowhere.

The 3 biggest holes now Kos and Monreal are getting long in the tooth and Mustafi, Kola and Xhaka insist on giving the ball away.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Really, I can say to our supporters that we are going to have a very good team with the players that are there now and also with three or four players who can help us in a few days.

on Josh Kroenke telling fans to 'be excited'...

Yes. Really we are speaking about the big players and because we are starting thinking about our team and our squad now, and we have very good players and very good young players that can progress to take and get big performances with us. Other players can come here to help us.

We need, really, that they will come with a big performance and also our target is to achieve three or four players who really improve our team and our squad now.

We are being very, very demanding and we are first speaking about the possibility to sign very big, very expensive players and the first player in our list is our first target. And after, if we cannot achieve that, then the second. But we are thinking every time that they are going to improve our squad.
Wow. 250M bid incoming for Mbappe? Madness.

Judasviking

I mean i can survive another season without a new winger, we have some really exciting prospect in Saka, Nelson, Smith-Rowe and hopefully they get some chance now as Ljungberg is there.

But considing goals every single match, can't take it.

Firetruck

I agree. I hope an “exciting signing” means a CB that relegates Mustafi to the bench. Don’t know that much about Ruben Dias but watching the videos and reading about him I say that would be more exciting than a CM or winger.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I mean i can survive another season without a new winger, we have some really exciting prospect in Saka, Nelson, Smith-Rowe and hopefully they get some chance now as Ljungberg is there.

But considing goals every single match, can't take it.
We need a winger, we are so one dimensional now that we don't have one.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We need a winger just as much as a defender. Having Tierney and Holding play will solidify that side of the defense and Bellerin should be back by October. I think Bellerin/Sokratis/Holding/Tierney is good enough. A lot of our goals conceded come from individual errors and fixing that will go a long way to solving the problem.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
3-4 players? That's not include Saliba I think Ceballos new CB Tierney and winger hopefully the club not let him down

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I think the very expensive player he meant is Zaha it's his number 1 target I hope after the discussion with josh and Stan they can get Zaha.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Not worth it at all, we should priority our main problem. Defence.

I don't mean this personally, but I think focusing on just defenders to improve our defence is somewhat shortsighted. Defence begins with a solid midfield block, players who can shield the defence and intercept dangerous plays or spot danger and act decisively (like the cynical fouling City does).

I think most of our problems last season stemmed from a poor(ly balanced) midfield. It caused our generally poor attacking play (low xG, few chances created, no free-flowing football, low pace of the game) and exposed our defence. It doesn't help that our defenders made a lot of mistakes and that Kola does not contribute defensively, but with proper shielding I would be okay with a Tierney - Holding - Sokratis - Bellerin back 4 for another season. Ideally, we'd upgrade on Sokratis as well though. A top class CB would elevate the defense a level or two for sure.

I agree. I hope an “exciting signing” means a CB that relegates Mustafi to the bench. Don’t know that much about Ruben Dias but watching the videos and reading about him I say that would be more exciting than a CM or winger.
I didn't know Ruben Dias, but I saw him in the nations league against the Netherlands and I was very impressed. Together with Fonte he formed an impenetrable block. If he's available for €40m~ I would do it based on that performance alone.

Iceman10

Established Member
No i mean because Saliba won't be part of the squad this season he'll be loaned back

OK, because Tierney + Saliba would be around 53m before getting to Zaha. Added to that Josh Kroenke said we're currently a club with a CL wage bill while being in the EL. Zaha's 130k wages are not massive, but still sizable.

It's for the board and Kroenke's to figure out how to make the numbers work, but just my two-pennies worth: I wouldn't get hopes up too much with Zaha, it really would be a stretch, in my opinion.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think the very expensive player he meant is Zaha it's his number 1 target I hope after the discussion with josh and Stan they can get Zaha.

I think he meant in general all the players they’re targeting are expensive, not specifically Zaha.

I also think it’s interesting how Edu is being mentioned quite a lot when it comes transfer talks. It makes me think this Everton Soares stuff is definitely a possibility. Edu has probably recommended him with Zaha looking unlikely.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
OK, because Tierney + Saliba would be around 53m before getting to Zaha. Added to that Josh Kroenke said we're currently a club with a CL wage bill while being in the EL. Zaha's 130k wages are not massive, but still sizable.

It's for the board and Kroenke's to figure out how to make the numbers work, but just my two-pennies worth: I wouldn't get hopes up too much with Zaha, it really would be a stretch, in my opinion.
Transfer mostly paid in installments and after getting letting go cech ramsey Welbeck Lich that free about 250K worth of wages

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I think he meant in general all the players they’re targeting are expensive, not specifically Zaha.

I also think it’s interesting how Edu is being mentioned quite a lot when it comes transfer talks. It makes me think this Everton Soares stuff is definitely a possibility. Edu has probably recommended him with Zaha looking unlikely.
Yes could be too Soares is more affordable in our current situation

Judasviking

I don't mean this personally, but I think focusing on just defenders to improve our defence is somewhat shortsighted. Defence begins with a solid midfield block, players who can shield the defence and intercept dangerous plays or spot danger and act decisively (like the cynical fouling City does).

I think most of our problems last season stemmed from a poor(ly balanced) midfield. It caused our generally poor attacking play (low xG, few chances created, no free-flowing football, low pace of the game) and exposed our defence. It doesn't help that our defenders made a lot of mistakes and that Kola does not contribute defensively, but with proper shielding I would be okay with a Tierney - Holding - Sokratis - Bellerin back 4 for another season. Ideally, we'd upgrade on Sokratis as well though. A top class CB would elevate the defense a level or two for sure.

I didn't know Ruben Dias, but I saw him in the nations league against the Netherlands and I was very impressed. Together with Fonte he formed an impenetrable block. If he's available for €40m~ I would do it based on that performance alone.

Agree, it's just not the four at the backs fault every goal we conside.

But the main issue is there for me, errors after errors and poor poor defending.

When you can play one ball from the other side of the pitch and score on us something is wrong back there.

I would also say that playing Torreira in his right position ( DM ) and not kinda box to box midfielder makes a big difference aswell.

Mikhi and Iwobi actually tracked back quite well last season and i dont see a signing as Zaha gonna solve any issues away from scoring few more goals.

Of course i want Zaha but shouldnt be our priority now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom