• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,471,745

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divided_Pie

Our current defence only got that because our fowards bailed them out.

Our defence is probably in the bottom half of the league. It really is that bad.

I'll ask you a question.

Would you rather sign say Harry Maguire or Zaha? And who do you think would make the biggest difference?

Personally I think Maguire in centre half while he isn't as good as Van Dijk could help tighten the whole defence up a little bit.

How many times have we seen we can't grind games out if Auba or Laca or both are having an off day.

In football you need clean sheets and our defence isn't able to do that because man for man we are rubbish. It is that simple. Lower quality lower results.

You can say well our defence finished 5th. However you put Leicester or Wolves defensive line up with our attack and we finish 3rd easily.

Had Auba got an injury last year for a significant length of time we were screwed. In the end we were screwed anyway but we need a solid defence and we seem to be so scared to buy big based on previous failings.
Don’t want Maguire. Poor hypothetical situation you’ve chosen here.

Would I rather pay £70M for Zaha or Koulibaly? The latter, easily. Zaha or Maguire? Zaha, easily.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Saliba doesn't even count much in relation yo signings. Similar to signing a south American who needs to play in say Spain for a year for a work permit.

This team needs improvements for now. Not next year. Imagine we finish 7th or 8th and say yeah we have Saliba however Auba and Laca decide this isn't for us anymore. We need to improve this year and get CL football back. This year not in 2 or 3 years.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Don’t want Maguire. Poor hypothetical situation you’ve chosen here.

Would I rather pay £70M for Zaha or Koulibaly? The latter, easily. Zaha or Maguire? Zaha, easily.

How is it a poor hypothetical situation?

You have basically said the same thing only with a different defender who obviously in your opinion is better than Maguire.

How you come to that conclusion I would love to know? Unproven in the league too.

KJSB97

Constantly bewildered as to why it takes us so long to get deals over the line, it really isn't so hard.

Mike Ashley gets slandered like anything, but for a bloke suffering financially with his business empire and with a net worth around a quarter of what our owners is, he's allowed Newcastle to bang £40m on Joelinton and complete the deal within a week of concrete transfer reports. We really need to stop dithering.

Hope we are planning a quadruple announcement madness including Zaha & Tierney for next week. Anything else at this stage would be massively underwhelming no matter how promising Saliba & Ceballos look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom