• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

avalonhse

No, but your post said 'play CL before us' which he already has..

What I mean is this year, not last year which he already did, to continue to play first matches regularly. That's my wish with Ajax.

The presence of Auba, Laca, Pepe, Mkhi, Özil limits his matches playing here. Otherwise I am happy if we can shift Mkhi and Özil away for Reiss.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
@American_Gooner you mentioned Emery making some comments about Reiss that implied he wouldn’t be playing anytime soon?
"For example Reiss Nelson started against Burnley in the first 11. But he struggled more than we wanted that match and also [more than he wanted]. But that is once experience for him. But it is once experience to learn quickly for the next match how he can get better his action individually and collectively.

"Also I am speaking to him and saying 'Reiss you are very good in one on one but you need also tactically to improve how to decide each action on the pitch technically or with your teammates to do one passes or one in one moment and get in the box and take experience'.
Might be reading too much into it but when he was asked about the youngsters he singled Reiss out and then he was the only one that was dropped for Anfield.

KrptKid

Hope he doesn't play as poorly in an Arsenal shirt this season.

Tonight's performance was a complete disasterclass. Never seen him play so bad.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hope he doesn't play as poorly in an Arsenal shirt this season.

Tonight's performance was a complete disasterclass. Never seen him play so bad.
Yeah he had a very bad game today. Really lacked confidence but he got this goal just before coming off so good timing. I hope he can build on this, and he has the backing and confidence of the coaches.

They have to try to get him on the ball closer to goal.

JoaoFelix

Yeah he had a very bad game today. Really lacked confidence but he got this goal just before coming off so good timing. I hope he can build on this, and he has the backing and confidence of the coaches.

He been playing like that since pre season, but he's young, I still rate him and think he can be a very good player.

He can score for sure. But we shouldn't be aiming to make compromises for him. He can do better!

He is post to be a wide forward that can carry the ball with dribbles and pace... He has to mature and take the step up, he has the ability to play on the front foot. He has the ability to be a star in the attack.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He can score for sure. But we shouldn't be aiming to make compromises for him. He can do better!

He is post to be a wide forward that can carry the ball with dribbles and pace... He has to mature and take the step up, he has the ability to play on the front foot. He has the ability to be a star in the attack.
I agree, and he does need to get involved more aswell but to build up confidence he needs to lean on his most transferable strengths - for me, his shooting and ability to score goals is the best way for him to build up that confidence then the 1v1s and carrying with purpose will follow.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
From the little I've seen of him the only aspect that he trusts himself with is his goal scoring ability. He's not even attempting any dribbles for whatever reason. I mean can someone go tell him that its okay to lose the ball, Xhaka does it every other match in much more critical areas of hte pitch. Could it be a remnant from a couple of years ago when Wenger was playing him as wing back, he's just too safe with the ball.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
From the little I've seen of him the only aspect that he trusts himself with is his goal scoring ability. He's not even attempting any dribbles for whatever reason. I mean can someone go tell him that its okay to lose the ball, Xhaka does it every other match in much more critical areas of hte pitch. Could it be a remnant from a couple of years ago when Wenger was playing him as wing back, he's just too safe with the ball.

I agree- he’s kept his risk taking to a minimal, he’s clearly short on confidence.

Hopefully his goal last night helps him a bit but his performance was shocking. He needs to relax and get a better understanding at what he’s good at. Once it clicks for him he’s going all the way to the top.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I agree- he’s kept his risk taking to a minimal, he’s clearly short on confidence.

Hopefully his goal last night helps him a bit but his performance was shocking. He needs to relax and get a better understanding at what he’s good at. Once it clicks for him he’s going all the way to the top.
He could have had 2 last night. Missed a sitter in the 1st half aswell. Was a horrible game for him, worst I've ever seen him play. Still managed to get the winner. Needed it. Only way is up now.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Pretty much exactly what you want from star players who have an off day... ended product regardless.. he's got stars of fortune on his side. Some days he sows 'his own seeds of luck but he just seems to be a habitual goalscorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom