• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Wenger sees him in training every single day, most of us on here have only seen him in a few games in the Europa League.

If Wenger doesn't believe he deserves minutes, maybe he is right and knows more than we do.

That doesn't equate to not being talented enough though. Wenger's team selection for a while now has been highly conservative, always preferring experience over youth.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I would have been pissed if I was him too but he should still be professional. Throwing your bib on the floor is not going to endear you, no matter how justified your anger is.

Terrible from Wenger though, should have been brought on instead of Welbeck at least. I don't rate Wenger's management of Nelson or the other young players this season. AMN and Willock been OK but only the latter has shined in his actual position.

Hopeful he stays. Can't afford to lose a top talent. Will hurt if he goes. A lot.

Crocrodile

Too much ego. He'll get his chance, look at AMN and Iwobi.

We had injuries. Plus it was important to get a clean sheet.

These players act as if they've made it.

Be patient work hard, when you get your chance take it by the scruff of the neck.

It 's not ego, it 's intelligence.

Wenger put in a CM with questionable fitness that 'll play vs Milan.
That CM replaced a winger, a place where Nelson fits better.
That same CM played the whole game vs Milan 3 days before.

Nelson has been sitting on the bench but not getting youth football.

He 's also obviously on the same talent level as Iwobi, even better.
That same Iwobi who was filmed getting lit up gets time regularly.

Do some of you watch football or curling?
This is the accountability Wenger brings, loyalty to a fault to some.

He needs to get gametime 'til the end of the season or he is gone.
There 's not going to be an opportunity better than this season.

At this point it would be best for him to go somewhere where he'll get more PT, no other way to learn how to play vs men.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I noticed Wenger has spent quite a bit of time with Nelson and Nketiah in training. Obviosly they are in his plans

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He's not looked up to scratch recently , think Nketiah might be more ready

Yeah I agree with this and think I mentioned it a few weeks ago too.. Nketiah seems to have that arrogance/self-confidence that he belongs at that level and is not afraid to play his natural game and try things, while Nelson seems to play it safe and is a bit more cautious. Nketiah looks far more ready for first team football atm..

That said, I don't think we'll get a better chance to give them Pl experience. Even the rest of the pl games should potentially be opportunities for them and show them they are in our future plans.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
It 's not ego, it 's intelligence.

Wenger put in a CM with questionable fitness that 'll play vs Milan.
That CM replaced a winger, a place where Nelson fits better.
That same CM played the whole game vs Milan 3 days before.

Nelson has been sitting on the bench but not getting youth football.

He 's also obviously on the same talent level as Iwobi, even better.
That same Iwobi who was filmed getting lit up gets time regularly.

Do some of you watch football or curling?
This is the accountability Wenger brings, loyalty to a fault to some.

He needs to get gametime 'til the end of the season or he is gone.
There 's not going to be an opportunity better than this season.

At this point it would be best for him to go somewhere where he'll get more PT, no other way to learn how to play vs men.

Throwing a bib on the ground in front 30,000 people out of frustration anger is far from intelligent.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
iwobi been very poor lately if nelson doesn't get at least 15 minutes when we 3-0 then its worrying signs it won't help him signing new contract

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Yes 3-0 up against a relegation level team...what a toxic atmosphere :lol:
I dont believe Wenger would play AMN either without the injurys. Just look at the players he is starting & bringing on... His reliable guys.

The pressure is on him every single match.

Are we certain that the twitter rumor is true? I mean this is exactly what fans on twitter would want to hear. Youth player angry at Wenger for not subbing him on. Perfect for the hits.

I'm still worried, specially after the comments that came from McGuane when he said that if youngsters want chance then Arsenal isn't the right place. It only need one player to move abroad and do well and tell their friends it was a good move for their careers. Isn't Sancho kid at Dortmund one of Nelson best mates?

Nelson should get his PL debut before the season ends. Other thing would be madness.

"He will get his chance"

When exactly? 3 up against a bottom half team is as good a time as any to give him minutes. I would have started him by now. Iwobi starts and - though I like him- he's not exactly been that good.

Yeah feels like Iwobi is eating up all the chances the other youngsters could benefit from.

Funny thing, at the moment I actually thing dropping Iwobi for one of the youngsters from time to time would do him worlds of good. Also the other youngsters. Healthy competition you know, the thing that drive all football teams to improve them selves from within.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
We've just came off a terrible run, we had mustfi off for injury, welbz needs minutes, then mikhi got injured. For me a clean sheet was Paramount today. No big risks.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Imagine getting upset about this nobody not getting minutes. We need Wilshere/Welbeck at their best if we want to win the EL, who cares about this kid?

If that is his attitude, doubt a 15 min cameo is going to change his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom