• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Does there come a point when people start to ask if he’s actually not progressing as we hoped he would rather than Nagelsmann ignoring him?
Its looks to just be a loan above his current ability & nothing wrong with that at 19. The club was in a hard position with his contract ticking down & maybe an exciting loan helped close.

Why the **** ESR went to RB is beyond me.

ArsenalFever

Even the experience of travelling to another country and training with a foreign team could be beneficial to the development of youth players, those teen years, usually when the foundation is cemented.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Now that Hoffenheim are possibly chasing a European place, they're not going to give a loanee playing time over one of their guys. Same thing happens when you send a kid to a relegation threatened side.

No big deal though, think Nelson will come back next season and be a quality squad option.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
In recent years it seems our academy players aren’t up to first team standards.

Chelsea have an Hudson Odoi knocking on the door, Utd always produce kids, Liverpool have Trent etc.
Been saying it for ages, G. Said a year or so ago that AMN was rubbish and Beksi called me a muppet. Course, he's jumped on the bandwagon now.

Smith Rowe has the best chance out of our youngsters but even then, I don't think he'll cut it.

9jagooner

I mean I want our academy players to do well for our first team but we need to be honest in terms of what's happening in reality.

I still have high hopes with players like Willock, Saka and Amaechi in particular. I Perhaps if we do very well in first leg of EL, we can give them a try. But I have seen very high quality players like JET, Freeman (who isn't doing too badly at QPR), Aneke, etc not make it at Arsenal and IMO, those players were at way higher levels than any of the players in our academy at the moment.

They are still young though and we all know 1 year is a long time for young players.

HBL

Established Member
Been saying it for ages, G. Said a year or so ago that AMN was rubbish and Beksi called me a muppet. Course, he's jumped on the bandwagon now.

Smith Rowe has the best chance out of our youngsters but even then, I don't think he'll cut it.
Rich, you said Hudson-Odoi was rubbish!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I mean I want our academy players to do well for our first team but we need to be honest in terms of what's happening in reality.

I still have high hopes with players like Willock, Saka and Amaechi in particular. I Perhaps if we do very well in first leg of EL, we can give them a try. But I have seen very high quality players like JET, Freeman (who isn't doing too badly at QPR), Aneke, etc not make it at Arsenal and IMO, those players were at way higher levels than any of the players in our academy at the moment.

They are still young though and we all know 1 year is a long time for young players.

I don't agree. They need to be given chances.

9jagooner

I don't know about knowing whether a player will make it or not. Unless we have a crystal ball that sees into the future, it's impossible to say. But at the moment, I don't think any of them is at the level say Szczesny was when he was at Brentford and ready to come into the first team or Wilshere at Bolton. At that, even those players had to go on loan to prove themselves.

I don't agree. They need to be given chances.

I'm with you on giving players chances but we need as fans to decide what we want. Do we want to try these players at the mercy of our Top 4 challenge or chance of winning a trophy (EL, Carabao or FA cups)?
It's on this same platform we see Iwobi insulted over one or two bad games. Imagine Saka or Smith-Rowe having a bad game (which is bound to happen)? Imagine what will happen to their confidence. I'm with giving players chances but given the position the club is at the moment, I think those chances should be loans to other clubs for them to prove themselves.

Nelson played loads of games in Arsène's last season but who would you say he is able to replace in our team today given the fact that we are desperate for top 4? I know you've been following the youth team for years now, can you confidently pick one player from the current crop better than any of JET, Aneke, Luke Freeman, Lansbury - like for like?

I can't. Yet none of those guys fitted into our first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom