• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully we pick a more realistic loan next season. Wonder if Leeds would have interest... He could learn the league, discipline under the manager & a number of roles available in their formation unlike at Hoff.

Club has the power & protection now with long deal.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Hopefully we pick a more realistic loan next season. Wonder if Leeds would have interest... He could learn the league, discipline under the manager & a number of roles available in their formation unlike at Hoff.

Club has the power & protection now with long deal.
No more loans needs to come home and push for a spot in the squad.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't really say failed his output for a loanee has been really good if you consider goals to appearance ratio. But i wish it was only half the season.

Yeah you are right, knee jerk reaction from me. It started so well for him, so it’s disappointing seeing how it’s turned out.

Impact

Established Member
I’d rather we loaned him out again tbh. He’s too talented to be sitting on the bench and the truth is that he’s not going to be anything other than a bit part player here next season.

Needs to get a proper season of first team football under his belt somewhere.

After a season of professional football abroad in Germany, he has matured some.

Quite frankly, Nelson should get a lot of gametime. He's only competing against a new player, Iwobi and Mkhitaryan. Hardly world beaters.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
After a season of professional football abroad in Germany, he has matured some.

Quite frankly, Nelson should get a lot of gametime. He's only competing against a new player, Iwobi and Mkhitaryan. Hardly world beaters.
Not sure Nelson is there yet though. I think, if he gets good playtime somewhere else its probably best. Not Good enough to start here yet. Not worth having him here to play maybe 10 games. When he could get 30+ somewhere else.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
With a good pre-season, we'll be talking about him like we do Guendouzi this season. Will be our breakout star.
Would rather keep him next season aswell. I honestly don't trust loans a lot of the time, and as excited as I was about this loan, everything that's happened since Nagelsmann initially benched him despite his scoring run is exactly why I don't trust them. Hopefully things change with Ben Knapper from this Summer regarding loans. I don't want another situation where Nelson goes on loan and doesn't play because the manager doesn't fancy him after all.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Would rather keep him next season aswell. I honestly don't trust loans a lot of the time, and as excited as I was about this loan, everything that's happened since Nagelsmann initially benched him despite his scoring run is exactly why I don't trust them. Hopefully things change with Ben Knapper from this Summer regarding loans. I don't want another situation where Nelson goes on loan and doesn't play because the manager doesn't fancy him after all.

Agree , Gnabry proves loans don't mean a lot .

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Why cant we put minimum no. of minutes to be given clauses in the loan contracts, failing which we should retain the right to call them back. Like I said at the beginning of the loan if he's going to sit on the bench anyway why not have him sit on the Arsenal bench rather than some other teams.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
And who says any team is going to give him 30+ games a season without some sort of buy clause or guaranteed extension ?, teams usually don't want to invest a lot of game time to loanee's especially if theres no pay off for them, which is what Reiss is dealing with right now.

Why start him if he's not gonna be there next season ?, and usually players who are loaned out more than once don't make it, bring him home he's good enough.

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member
I’d rather we loaned him out again tbh. He’s too talented to be sitting on the bench and the truth is that he’s not going to be anything other than a bit part player here next season.

If we don't sign Denis Suarez permanently then the minutes he has received so far could go to Nelson or Saka next season. And it's no worse than what Nelson is getting at Hoffenheim. If we do sign Suarez permanently though........

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
do we have another Emery and Özil situation going on?
Not sure. I'm wondering if this is just frustration at lack of starts. Nagelsmann mentioned in January that Nelson did not like that he was always screaming at him to defend and felt inhibited by it. My theory is that while Nagelsmann is right to get him to learn defending from the front, his focus should mainly be on his attacking.

I don't think this is either party's fault to be honest. Rather, Nelson simply doesn't fit into this squad for a number of reasons.

HBL

Established Member
I'd be annoyed with the lack of game time if I was him. Scored 6 goals and yet he has only played 550 minutes of Bundesliga football, I'm guessing we can't bring him back in between transfer windows? The lack of opportunities he has had in recent months is a shambles.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'd be annoyed with the lack of game time if I was him. Scored 6 goals and yet he has only played 550 minutes of Bundesliga football, I'm guessing we can't bring him back in between transfer windows? The lack of opportunities he has had in recent months is a shambles.
The loan would have to be terminated by Hoffenheim. I doubt it's that serious yet but I wish they would anyway. I don't like how little he is playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom