• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reuell Walters to join first team as Jurrien Timber replacement

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta is ready to give academy prospect Reuell Walters the opportunity to step up and replace the injured Jurrien Timber for the remainder of the season, FootballTransfers can reveal.

The Gunners were dealt a serious blow in their opening Premier League match of the season when they lost Timber to an injury that has since been confirmed as a knee ligament tear that will require surgery and will keep the Netherlands international out for the remainder of the season.

Having been signed for €40 million from Ajax, there were high hopes that Timber would play a key role for Arsenal this term, highlighted by the fact that he started against Nottingham Forest last weekend.

MORE: Arsenal in danger of losing SEVEN players for FREE

Arteta, meanwhile, is willing to give his backing to Walters as a defensive alternative to Timber for the rest of the season.

FootballTransfers has learned that there have been multiple conversations held within the club over the prospect of giving the Hale End kid the opportunity to impress in the first team, with Walters having appeared on the bench multiple times under Arteta.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Probably thought this is an easy piece to write as it's likely we'll dive into the academy as we're already struggling with FFP (proven by the Raya deal).

Alas, he didn't know Teta would rather die than promote from within.

Im not sure we can just go and buy new player for another 40 m just to replace Timber which will be our player again in 8 months.

It would be good if Tomi ans Zinchenko can stay fit for season because then this wont be as much of a problem.

Good test for Arteta also to promote player from academy and show his man management skills.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
One of the most unreliable journalist ever. In fact, he has a 100% record of writing things that did not happen in the end. Forum members here are more reliable than him

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta sadly won't use any acadamy player when we in CL and trying to win something it's either Tierney staying or he buy someone. Walters better go on loan

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Need @MutableEarth opinion on him.

As for if it will happen, who knows?
That's how Bellerin got his chance, when Debuchy was injured and he never looked back.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Same for many youth players, rashford another example of benefitting due to an injury crisis in a particular position.

Unfortunately many others have to go away to come back again.
The list is too long of young academy players who got chance due to injury and delivered straight away. The fact that 4 years with Arteta and no one from the academy is close to the first team is bad look. There really isn’t no need to buy someone until January and try to find solutions within

lomekian

Essays are my thing

That's how Bellerin got his chance, when Debuchy was injured and he never looked back.
Walters is a fine prospect, but its slightly unclear where he would fit in if given a look at first team level. Not sure he has the control to be an inverted left back - I would have said at right back, but he's grown (physically and technically), so may be able to do a job in extremis elsewhere. That said, he'd rightly be behind all but maybe Cedric as things stand.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Im not sure we can just go and buy new player for another 40 m just to replace Timber which will be our player again in 8 months.

It would be good if Tomi ans Zinchenko can stay fit for season because then this wont be as much of a problem.

Good test for Arteta also to promote player from academy and show his man management skills.
This is why Arteta should bring youngsters to preseason tours to assess what level they’re at. Another rookie mistake from a manager I rate very highly. Trust your squad, Arteta.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Firstly I'll say I'll believe it when he plays!

Secondly, I think he is a prospect who can hold his own in the smaller competitions like Carabao Cup and early FA Cup rounds. League might be stretch but I'd trust him if played.

I've gone at length before about Walters' strengths but he's very much a modern defender in the mold of White and indeed Timber to a lesser extent. Not as smooth as the latter but a good passer and dribbler, and an unflappable defender in general.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
No reason for him not to play in the Carabao Cup for example. It would be brave and somewhat out of character for Mikel to view him as a real option in the league. I'd like to see Nwaneri get a couple of opportunities with the first team as well. That lad has the it factor. I could see him being a meteoric riser like Saka.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom