• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reuell Walters to join first team as Jurrien Timber replacement

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Thought there was some official statement that made this certain.

Was positively surprised yet was confused why would we have a statement for that.

Now I see it's speculative drivel.

Bucephalus

Get him in. He has to be better than that bald fraud Holding.
Except . . . this is exactly why you have a Holding, and send Walters on loan.

Young fullbacks need to play. I have no doubt that Walters is at least as good as Holding right now, and has vastly higher potential. But sitting on the bench and getting Holding minutes (late game defensive cameos or thrown to the wolves in an injury crisis) is not going to help his long term development.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Except . . . this is exactly why you have a Holding, and send Walters on loan.

Young fullbacks need to play. I have no doubt that Walters is at least as good as Holding right now, and has vastly higher potential. But sitting on the bench and getting Holding minutes (late game defensive cameos or thrown to the wolves in an injury crisis) is not going to help his long term development.
He should be playing in the Carabao Cup at a minimum.

Bucephalus

He should be playing in the Carabao Cup at a minimum.
I'd be totally on board with play the Carabao Cup, train with the first team, and go out on loan in January. But he's 19. He needs to play every week. So while he's probably better than Holding now, and definitely will be better than Holding in the future, giving him Holding's role now is detrimental to his long term development.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom