• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Review of The Year Poll - Worst Moment

What was the year's worst Arsenal moment?

• The draw at Bolton which took the title out of our hands?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The defeat to Leeds which meant it was all over

• Another failure in Europe - the draws with Ajax and Roma

• Inter Milan 3 - Arsenal 0

• The problems with Ashburton Grove

• No major signings over the summer

• Other

• Total voters

lewdikris

Established Member
Arsenal-Mania are putting together a review of the year article. This is your chance to tell us what the year's worst Arsenal moment was .... and why. The best quotes will end up in the article.

Thanks

SydneyGunnerFan

the game against inter would have been the worse playing at home against inter we should of got a draw but losing 3-0 that was just not us i was so upset that day and my mate gave it to me hard coz he was a inter fan. All i can say now look who made it throught and look who didnt

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
The draw at the Reebok was truly devastating. We were so close to retaining the title but then lost it in the blink of an eye in a cruel, cruel 15mins against Bolton.

Alexone234

Worst moment:

One minute after we scored against Manure at home at the end of last season, Giggs scored a header. That was the worst moment. I spelled out all our failings for the whole season, and reaffirmed why we were not going to be champions.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
To be quite honest it was when Henry went back of goal clutching his throat, (was that Sp**s?) we thought he had swallowed his tongue. After the Mark Vivian Foe incident this scared the hell out of me. I was really upset.

Of the above choices, Inter 3 Arsenal 0 was terrible. I remember getting my beers in the daytime all nicely chilled and was excited as hell that we were on the verge of an Arsenal big Champions League campaign. Most of the day spent on Arsenal-Mania chatting about how this was going to pan out.

The first 20 minutes were great I thought "wow, Vieira is really on it, here we go" .... then bang reallity hit ...first Inter goal. I was screaming at the tele, what was happening? Second goal I actually had to go sit in the garden (stupid to say now) to cool down.

After the third I was speechless and as for Henry missing the penalty ... I was devistated. I knew then that we would never make it in Europe and would always be seen as second to Man U in this country.

Since then a most wonderful thing happened. Arsenal came back from bottom of group to win the group in three matches (just shows how tight our group was). I realised then that AW going to Moscow (away) for a draw WAS the right thing to do and gave us that 1 point. I remember at the time thinking that we should have taken off Wiltord, tried Ali, Kanu, ... anyone (where the hell are you Bergy). But now I see AW wisdom. He saved our whole campaign right there.

Well as we all know Inter were beaten soundly 5-1 as payback and are no longer in the group. Who would have thought it that night sat in my garden fuming about Inter 3 Arsenal 0 ? LOL

And as for Man U, we will see who is the best team in the land come spring.

thegame24

Established Member
****ing sheep shagger Allardyce raising his game for his booty partner ferguson.

Bolton draw, damn i hate those bastards its a shame okocha plays for them.

rachael-8

i have to say the game against villa when toure scored an own goal, i could feel something bad was going to happen :(

closely followed up by the bolton game

Andrew

2-2 Draw at Bolton was the worst. The Leeds game just made the inevitable come quicker.

BTW, great idea these polls are.

Sol man

The Leeds game was a tragedy. Plus I was watching it with my sisters husband who is a big Leeds fan :x

jigga

I know that the old trafford issue sits on another poll, but for me this is the worst thing to happen to ARSENAL this year. I cant put this in their when rape has happened......

for me it was the way our players reacted at old trafford. what can be worse than that, having our players condemmed by fellow profesionals an neutrals alike.

I dont care about tha jam rag red top papers, they will never let truth get in the way of a good story, but we should never have let them get to us like that. How can you defend that. you cant, there has been worse in the past, cantona kicking at a fan. but you cannot go out there and react like that, our stats show us to have one of the best dicaplinary record around but it does not account for the goings on like that, the stamps and elbows. our reputations proceeds us to much and for that we will always be scrutinised more than the next team....

like the tag of boring arsenal which hung around the necks of our fans for so long, this i fear will be the next cross to bear

Eastrek

Emile Heskey's late header at Anfield to deny us the win, I know it was early in the year but it was a real double whammy...losing 2 points and conceding a goal to Heskey

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Bolton all over.

I really want to whoop their ass sometime soon. Real soon.

IW8

I knew we had to beat Bolton, because I had a terrible feeling that we wouldn't beat Leeds. It's not very often that I publicly slag off AFC, but I went onto the AFC forum and blew a stack.

I know that Bolton kicked us off the park, but I was so sure Leeds were going to beat us and only a win at Bolton was going to be good enough, that I couldn't accept any excuse/reason for us not winning.

Went to bed that night and cried like a little girl!

potterarsenal

Worst moment:

One minute after we scored against Manure at home at the end of last season, Giggs scored a header. That was the worst moment. I spelled out all our failings for the whole season, and reaffirmed why we were not going to be champions.

that sums it up for me to Alexone234 :(

Mark

Established Member
the bolton game was the worst moment. thinking about it now, i still can't believe it. something i never want to have to go through as an arsenal fan again.

johe

The defeat at Leeds and the draw at Bolton are very, but I voted the Leeds loss because then we didn't have a chance. That just broke me down completely. I didn't want to talk about football with anyone until this season after that.

Damn, why did I have to remember that :cry:

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom