• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Review of The Year Poll - Worst Moment

What was the year's worst Arsenal moment?

• The draw at Bolton which took the title out of our hands?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The defeat to Leeds which meant it was all over

• Another failure in Europe - the draws with Ajax and Roma

• Inter Milan 3 - Arsenal 0

• The problems with Ashburton Grove

• No major signings over the summer

• Other

• Total voters

thierrys_girl

Established Member
The 2-2 draw at Bolton last season was the worst moment for me, it was a summarisation of our season. We were two nil up like when we were 7 pts clear of Man Utd at the top of the Premiership, Bolton clawed back our lead after they got one goal and then punished us with a second just like Man Utd who hit form at the end of the season (when we were dropping points).

The second worst moment of the year was when Thierry was clutching his throat during the North London Derby this season. It reminded me of Marc-Vivien Foe and i felt like i couldn't breathe either, it was such a scary moment. I was so relieved with he stood up.

Aussie

Established Member
The Bolton game for me was like getting hit buy a rubber bullet youre not dead and you can still get back up but it is bloody hard and this proved to hard for the mighty Arsenal Football club.

Then Leeds the final few minutes watching our boys just running around playing out the time knowing that they had just lost the title. A great season with stunning football and stunning goals ended with us failing to retain our title.

The F.A cup a small consilation but the wounds of last year can only be healed by the gunners being champions of England once again.

orion

Over all it was the slump that saw us lose our lead last season, but I think it all culminated in the Bolton game, it just felt like the dream was vanishing in front of your very eyes and it was very hard to take in. But disapointments are also part and parcel of the game and they always seam to add more depth and meaning to the joy that we feel when we win the title.

Lukazan

Established Member
Bolton definitely.

But Leeds was really bad too.

On the night of Arsenal Vs Inter Milan I had football training. I got in my mates car to come home and they turned on the radio.... when I heard the score I had a funny feeling in my stomach and I thought,
"That's it... we ain't going nowhere in the Champion's league this year."

Beverenfan

The 0-3 against Milan, there first game of the CL first round!
Everyone in Belgium, in my school etc... talked about it. On that moment, I was ashamed to be an Arsenal fan, but now that's ok again :lol:

JazzG

Established Member
Bolton game was probably the worst. I watched that game in disbelief. Watching a whole season's hardwork go down the drain because our players didn't finish them off when they had the chance :(

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom