• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reyes- Smart bet for the best young player for 2004-2005!

shinsen

This boys dribbles and dances like a dream.

In 2004- 2005 season defenders in the English leagues will not know what to make of him.

Another masterstroke by Wenger. I raise my drink to that. :respect 8)

GoonerLuke

I saw a pic of Reyes being stretchered off during the Ajax match. Does anyone have info on that? I hope it's nothing serious.

Also, what in the world was Reyes doing wearing Nike cleats? I thought he was a Kelme boy through and through.

Mark

Established Member
Reyes was taken off on a stretcher but came back on soon after and was fine.

He really is an excellent player. I'm so glad we signed him and I would not be surprised if he is young player of the year. This kid is gonna be god for us for the next few years!

godfather

clearly hes been playin better and better, also ive confident in him more and more!
Another Great Signing by AW ;D

A

Anonymous

hes growing in confidence and gettin used to aresnal's style of play
hope he and van persie sets teh premiership alight

efurze

I'll take that bet. Rooney? C. Ronaldo? Hate to admit it, but CR is farther along, had a great Euro.

We'll see how Reyes does. I think he needs a while yet to settle. He has yet to really do much against top-flight competition. Didn't play at Euros, didn't do anything in 4 mos. in the league. He's exciting but preseaon doesn't mean anything. My guess is he'll start much like he ended last year and then come on strong in the second half.

But I hope you're right!

calvinngai88

efurze said:
I'll take that bet. Rooney? C. Ronaldo? Hate to admit it, but CR is farther along, had a great Euro.

We'll see how Reyes does. I think he needs a while yet to settle. He has yet to really do much against top-flight competition. Didn't play at Euros, didn't do anything in 4 mos. in the league. He's exciting but preseaon doesn't mean anything. My guess is he'll start much like he ended last year and then come on strong in the second half.

But I hope you're right!

At least Reyes did well enough to get the Player of the Tournament award. :D

Taozhe

christiano ronaldo was totally handled by ashley cole during england-portugal match. I suppose Reyes will be better than him in this coming season. Remember Ronaldo was at utd at the beginning of the season and reyes had only a handful of matches. Let's not forget Reyes's performance has been awesome last season as well and I think will be a good canditate for young player of the season :)

calvinngai88

We'll see what Lauren or a new RB can do against him, or at least Ljungberg or Pennant to run back and help out since Robben does have the pace to outrun Lauren and some tricky moves which enable him to whip in some crosses out of nowhere.

Gator

efurze said:
I think he needs a while yet to settle.
He had that 'while' last season, and towards the end looked very good, sharp, and scored 2 goals against Fulham and Portsmouth. Vital goals as well, they were our only goals in the respective games, we might not have gone unbeaten.
efurze said:
He has yet to really do much against top-flight competition
Those 3 goals against Chelsea were shit, I agree :?
efurze said:
My guess is he'll start much like he ended last year and then come on strong in the second half.
He started weakly last season because he was brought into a brand new league, with a new language, new teammates and a new home. I hardly expected him to be knocking in hatricks.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
efurze said:

I guess those goals against Chelsea don't count for much, then?

johe

efurze said:

But I hope you're right!

We saw glimpses of it in those 4 months, like his 2 goals against Chelski in the FA cup and when he was taken on against Man Utd in the FA cup as well. He had good performances against the geordies away and against Pompey in our 5-0 win, but I don't suppose you can count those as top-flight competition.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
he has played top competition before... um, didnt he tear Real Madrid apart when he played for Sevilla? i would consider that top flight.... even if it was in La Liga... my only concern is that he has looked great in the pre-season thus far, but he has also done so while being the #1 forward.... will he be the same once TH comes back? i hope so.. i guess only time will tell...

calvinngai88

Yea, the Sevilla's humiliation of Real Madrid was one of Reyes top, top performances. I still remember what Zidane said to one of the Sevilla defenders, "Is that fu*king bastard playing like this just because of us?", something like that. :D

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom