• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rio Mavuba

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The team has enough depth in DMC. I can't understan why we need another midfielder like Mavuba. If Arsène want to sign another midfielder, I'd rather it would be Roe-coker.

Mostarac

Established Member
I think he will go to Palermo next season, Foschi(Palermo`s director) has already stated that they are seriously interested and that they will start talks with the player early next summer.

kooldawg

Established Member
Artillero said:
I can see him going to Juve

Looks like he is probably going to Italy as thats where most of the concerete interest seems to be for him.

Dont think he would pass up the chance to play for either Palermo or Juve.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Rio Mavuba linked

From Eurosport.com:

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger is keen on recruiting Bordeaux midfielder Rio Mavuba, according to French media reports.

Wenger is reportedly looking to replace want-away midfielder Mathieu Flamini in the summer, and is said to be impressed by Mavuba's progress this season, to the point that he is ready to make him an offer.

The 23-year-old midfielder, who has been likened to Claude Makelele in terms of playing style, made his debut for the French team in 2004, and has now made six international appearances.

Mavuba impressed in Bordeaux's brief stay in the Champions League this season, and has made no secret of his desire to be playing in the competition on a regular basis, nor of his willingness to leave Bordeaux to ensure this.

Les Girondins currently lie fourth in Ligue 1, a point behind the Champions League spots.

evoh_1

Established Member
don't think he'll want to come here and sit on the bench bearing in mind he has 6 caps and where will bert, diaby, denilson, cesc be then. not gonna happen really.

Viper

Established Member
Why is Wenger going to try sign another ****ing central midfielder?

It'll be a waste of money and a waste of fkin time.

Bergy_1995

More than likely just speculation, it wouldn't make sense to sign another midfielder. Bare in mind Song is to come back too, adding to the list mentioned above... that's five. Unless he's looking for someone more in the mold of Gilberto to replace in the long-term.

evoh_1

Established Member
mavuba is 5'6 so no bert, just a stupid rumour as usaul why would Arsène be in for any new CM after denilson's emergence?

Nutsy

Established Member
We're just linked to the guy, not necessarily for us to buy him imo.I doubt Arsène would be serious to even consider him. Denilson's right there. and Imo, Denilson plays better than him. so no thanks.

nazo

Established Member
He's a decent player, but i think he is similar to Song (i hope i'm thinking of the right player) We got Diaby and Denilson coming through, so i don't think he could find place in between all the cm's we already have.

kooldawg

Established Member
Could be that Gilberto might be leaving in the summer to go to Juve. that would explain why we're being linked to all these defensive minded CM's.

Plus dont forget that Denilson is still a project for the future, expect him to play a major role maybe 2 seasons from now. But until then if bert leaves we need someone to replace him.

evoh_1

Established Member
yes but mavuba isn't actually better then Denilson, its a stupid link we would be looking for an established CM not a 23yo midget to replace what bert brings to the team.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
he isnt a 23 year old midget. he is quite good actually. i have seen him a couple of times and he really remind me of makelele. Arsène is doing the right thing. he has missed makelele, drogba and eto'o in the past and he is snapping up teenagers to avoid missing stars again.

M+D

Established Member
He would be reasonably expensive I think. Especially if all he's going to do is replace Flamini. He certainly won't be in the first team unless Gilberto leaves, and I can't see Diaby dropping down the playing order either.
So all in all, it would be a disappointing signing. It's not that he'd be a bad signing, it's just that he'd be a pointless one imo.

Mostarac

Established Member
He was in Turin 2 weeks ago meeting some Juventus representatives, so it does not look too likely that he will come here now.

Glovegun

Established Member
If we have to let go of Gilberto, then I think there are better players around. In any case, whoever comes in is going to have to shrug off Diaby, which wont be easy.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom