• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Oh yeah for sure we need a top quality experienced CB, no doubt. Increasingly I think we should sell Mustafi, while he still has some value. Could definitely flog him to Lazio for 20-25m. Keep Kos as a back-up maybe, play the top quality CB and let the young CBs compete.

Yes agreed, as I said though Mustafi may be hard to sell as we dont like to make a loss on a player so soon. Therefore I could see Chambers being sold. Even if Holding goes on loan we would still have;

New CB, Mavro, Kos, Mustafi

Aevi

Hale End FC
Interesting. We have all of Mavropanos, Chambers, and Holding on very new contracts, I suppose one of them will go out on loan now. Then we can also sell Mustafi and bring a top-drawer CB in, and I think we'll be well off.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A new manager is coming in, so anything can happen, but the logical thing to happen would be that one of Chambers, Mavropanos, and Holding go on loan, and we sell Mustafi and bring in a new CB.

My guess is that Holding will go on loan. He needs a season of regular first team football like Chambers got last season. Mavropanos needs more time as part of the first team.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Good news.

I doubt chambers goes anywhere considering he provides cover at RB as well as being able to play CB.
Koscielny the old head that will gradually be phased out by one of the younger players.
Probably leaves mustafi as the odd man out if a new starter is brought in.

HBL

Established Member
He can’t defend and he takes about ten touches to control the ball. Should loan/sell him. Been terrible this season.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Definitely needs a loan, unless a new manager is brave enough to bump him up. Look what it did for Chambers.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Can't understand how he got an extension. He'll definitely need to play somewhere next year and I'd rather it wouldn't be for us until he can actually do his job properly.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Giving Holding a new deal makes total sense if purely from a financial assets standpoint.

I still hold out hope he will turn good like Chambers looks like he is.

Still way too early to write off. Add to that he’s home grown and his value has gone up from our purchase

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
He’s not been playing much this season. How can you expect from a young defender who lacks match fitnes to come in and perform. Especially against one of the best dribblers in the league and striker with world class movement and finishing??

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Badly needs a loan. Hopefully one of the promoted clubs or teams like Burnley, Brighton, Huddersfield etc take him.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
There's a player in there but if ever there's been a player in need of a year on loan, it's Roberto Di Holdingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom