• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Still a better captain than Aubemeyang.

Is he fook. Brilliantly taken goal though. He should have gone for a header though as he was missing those for fun yesterday.

Holding as captain is worse than Xhaka getting the nod. Arteta clearly sees him as an important player. How is Tierney not ahead of the queue? last night was my final straw with Arteta

roz

Fake News Merchant
Is he fook. Brilliantly taken goal though. He should have gone for a header though as he was missing those for fun yesterday.

Holding as captain is worse than Xhaka getting the nod. Arteta clearly sees him as an important player. How is Tierney not ahead of the queue? last night was my final straw with Arteta
Not gonna lie, half said that as I knew it would get a reaction from you :lol:

Actually found it kind of interesting he didn’t make Luiz captain? Obviously Tierney would be the best/most popular pick but I would have thought Arteta would’ve gone with Luiz.

As with all our games this season it was a horrible watch. Have genuinely got more enjoyment watching any other side other than Burnley this season.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Personally I think Holding is one of the few who can hold their heads up high over the past couple of months.

He's never been my favourite player but he's giving it his all out there. I can't really criticize him for not being an absolute top notch defender, he just doesn't have the ability to be that.

Shouldn't be more than a 3rd / 4th choice CB in a good squad but I can't criticize someone who gives it 100%, paticularly at the moment.

truth_hurts

Personally I think Holding is one of the few who can hold their heads up high over the past couple of months.

He's never been my favourite player but he's giving it his all out there. I can't really criticize him for not being an absolute top notch defender, he just doesn't have the ability to be that.

Shouldn't be more than a 3rd / 4th choice CB in a good squad but I can't criticize someone who gives it 100%, paticularly at the moment.

Awful positioning and yesterday missed about 3 headers as in jumped and missed. Not my captain. Not 1st team material. He is symbolic of how far we've fallen.

He's our 2nd or 3rd choice cb. Tragic.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
If he had a Spanish name and we'd paid 50 million for him from Lazio or Real Sociedad but was the exact same player otherwise he'd be the most popular player on the team, or close to it.

He's been better than Gabriel but he doesn't have the new players bias and exoticness, also people seem to dislike him because of his hair thinning. Weird fanbase.

truth_hurts

If he had a Spanish name and we'd paid 50 million for him from Lazio or Real Sociedad but was the exact same player otherwise he'd be the most popular player on the team, or close to it.

Mo he wouldn't. He would be a more expensive, Spanish Mustafi, who has never looked more than average.

It's shambolic that he has been an Arsenal captain. Arteta should die on this hill.

nick gould

Our Carl Jenkinson at CB. He's not Arsenal quality at the back but with this current lot, it's not hard to look serviceable. It's a sham that he's starting over Saliba.
On the other hand I am glad saliba is not involved with these lot. As soon as Arteta is gone, he can start working on a clean slate with a new manager who knows what he is doing. Arteta is all talk and no substance. He should go back to his old job, assisting a manager who has infinite financial resources.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
If he had a German name and cost 50 million, there'd be riots in the street on him being captain...

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Is he the worst player to captain us in the PL era?
141075_1.jpg

manuel-almunia-415x275.jpg

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I would be completely fine with this.

Young, English and you have no problem to start him in every possible game. Still doesn't mean, that he has to be a starter longterm.

From the talent Saliba has shown in Ligue 1, he is probably better in nearly every aspect. Saliba and Holding would be completely fine for many years. For the left CB Spot we will have Gabriel hopefully for many years and Mari as more experienced LCB for cup games. (There wont be international games for us next season anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom