• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Always Crying
Rob Holding: Of players aged 23 and under, only Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (67.7) is making more passes per game than Holding (61.4) in the Premier League this season (5+ apps)

He was very important for our build-up. Will we make a move in January or will Koscielny and Mavropanos be enough ?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
He's a big strong lad so hopefully that will be a positive in his recovery and keep the timeframe to a minimum.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I tore my acl in February and had the operation in July. I'm not running yet, but not far off. If this is an acl rupture, he will miss the rest of this season and potentially most next season also.

Professional athletes usually come back within 6 to 9 months( usually closer to 9) and they’ll operate pretty soon so he should be back for the start of next season unless there are setbacks.

Gutted for him, just when he was getting a chance regurlarly as a starter.

Ind0Gunnerz

Just when I was beginning to think that he could be knocking on the england squad if he keeps on improving this year :(

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I guess the positive is that an injury like this won't dramatically impact his game since it's not based on physical traits like pace and acceleration.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

He could come back earlier if they do the LARS treatment but I don't know if that's even considered a viable option anymore. Rather just do the full reconstruction and recovery.

ACLs used to be career ending, now elite athletes can make 100% recoveries

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I guess the positive is that an injury like this won't dramatically impact his game since it's not based on physical traits like pace and acceleration.

I think Theo’s injury against Sp**s in 13/14 is what did for him, he looked lethal before that one. Think he lost a yard after.

say yes

forum master baiter
Gutted for the lad but don’t think this will affect us too much.

We have loads of CBs at a similar level and can always recall Chambers if required.

Ideally we’d go out and sign a top CB in January but that was the situation before his injury too.

HBL

Established Member
Chambers is playing well at the minute and is finally getting a consistent run of games, don't think we should recall him. Let him stay at Fulham for the rest of the season and then re-evaluate in the summer, could sell him for a decent fee if he continues to impress or we can decide to keep him.

Just seen on twitter that there isn't a clause which allows us to recall him in January anyway.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I think Theo’s injury against Sp**s in 13/14 is what did for him, he looked lethal before that one. Think he lost a yard after.
Walcott is an interesting case because, although he lost some pace, he still played very well in the 2nd half of 14/15 and 1st half of 15/16. Even the following season he managed 19 goals, so it shows that you can come back from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom