• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Robert Earnshaw

welshpaul

Interesting to see in todays mirror that AW looked at buying Earnie. Perhaps all those who thought i was on another planet might reconsider!!

1. He is an out and out goalscorer.
2. Pace to burn and PROVEN at international level.
3. Far better value for money than Michael Owen, Earnie can play OUTSIDE the box.

Yes i may be biased as a Welshman but have seen him play numerous times for Cardiff and Wales and the boys potential just shines. Also hope AW is looking at Gabbidon another class act.

Perhaps some of you on the forums are spoilt with the lures of the premiership and only rate multi million pound signings but there is scope outside the top league.

Finally those who say he's not good enough, how many of you have seen him play regurlaly??

Chicago

Wenger supposedly looked at him, but I don't beleive he ever actually extended an offer

good job if you ask me, he's not that good

patrick42uk

Established Member
you know, when i read this story, it actually confirmed something i feel wenger does with his pre-match comments from time to time. he picks a dangerous player and tries to get into their head. it works particularly well with the lower sides too. it will be a distraction for earnshaw to think that a club like arsenal ever considered him. just like it was for ashton when we played norwich.

i mean look at the excuse for not signing him. 'cardiff wanted a lot of money'. how much did west brom pay? 3 million? not even Arsène is that tight.

Canuck

Established Member
I'm sure he's a quality player Pauley, but Patrick has a good point there.

i mean look at the excuse for not signing him. 'cardiff wanted a lot of money'. how much did west brom pay? 3 million? not even Arsène is that tight.
That's what I was thinking after I read the article too... :mrgreen:

asajoseph

Established Member
Agree - definitely not good enough for Arsenal, although will serve a mid-table club well.

HOWEVER, this story is pretty strange. We were going so sign him, but were outbid by West Brom. Which frankly, seems pretty unlikely. But on top of that, he only moved for three million. So if Arsène didn't think he was worth three million, what on earth would he have been doing bidding in the first place? If he GENUINELY thought the guy had 15 goals/season in him (that would be Prem goals, right Arsène? That's the only way he'd be among the top scorers...), then he'd surely have bid more than 3 million for him?

THEREFORE, I don't think Arsène was genuinely interested in signing Robbie Earnshaw - he's just being complementary about the guy before the game this evening.

asajoseph

Established Member
He's a decent player, but Patrick's absolutely spot on. I posted this in the other thread.
HOWEVER, this story is pretty strange. We were going so sign him, but were outbid by West Brom. Which frankly, seems pretty unlikely. But on top of that, he only moved for three million. So if Arsène didn't think he was worth three million, what on earth would he have been doing bidding in the first place? If he GENUINELY thought the guy had 15 goals/season in him (that would be Prem goals, right Arsène? That's the only way he'd be among the top scorers...), then he'd surely have bid more than 3 million for him?

THEREFORE, I don't think Arsène was genuinely interested in signing Robbie Earnshaw - he's just being complementary about the guy before the game this evening

Whether you interpret it as Arsène being complementary, or more insidious, the sentiment is the same - I don't believe Arsène ever had any intention of signing Robbie Earnshaw.

Allyboy

Established Member
I read the rumour on the BBC site today and laughed at "but (Arsenal) lost out to West Brom".

Im sorry but there is no way WBA would EVER get a player ahead of us, if we both bid for him.

Gameship by Le Boss again methinks :wink:

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
suki, im a very straight male, and even i think they guy is decent looking... maybe not your cup of tea, but he certainly isnt ugly...

as for the subject, i find the whole thing laughable... we would never have signed him, he isnt anywhere NEAR good enough for Arsenal... and as was said numerous times above, if we really wanted him, you think he would have chosen WBA? or do you think if we REALLY wanted him, WBA would offer MORE? HA, not likely......

yihyng

This one really stunned me as well.... sign Robbie Earnshaw?

Anyway, He's got a godawful goal celebration.... that machine gun spraying act has got to go before we could even think of signing him....

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom