• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Fraser

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
What Fraser has to do to become a good player.
  • Start practicing some skills
  • Learn how to dribble past one player
  • Play with a football brain and flair, not based his game on hard work.
  • Focus on positioning, movement, and read the game, instead of running around trying to do a bit of everything and leave gaps in our overall team shape
  • Learn to play one two, one touch pass, through pass
  • Learn to play beautiful football, forget about the ugly direct boring **** style

Again with the skills.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
@Football Manager might be exaggerating but he has a good point imo. We already have many sh!t footballers in attack, adding a whip in merchant isn't going to help in that regard. Our offensive and ball retention numbers are worrying, you have the likes of Mhki, Kola, Auba, Laca, Iwobi etc. who are crap at keeping the ball already.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
@Football Manager might be exaggerating but he has a good point imo. We already have many sh!t footballers in attack, adding a whip in merchant isn't going to help in that regard. Our offensive and ball retention numbers are worrying, you have the likes of Mhki, Kola, Auba, Laca, Iwobi etc. who are crap at keeping the ball already.
Most of the best teams in history have players who can keep the ball well, prime Brazil, Spain, Arsenal, Barcelona, Bayern, Man City......we are the opposite of that at the moment.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

We need a Bournemouth fan to sort this out, let's be honest most are chatting sh*t on here since no one would of watched a handful of games. For example, I've seen him beat a defender or two with skill, some quick one touch passing and some great finishing which is what we need.

Does he do that every game, I dunno.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Is there some decent stats or evidence that Fraser can't keep the ball or what?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Some people need to get real. We are not an Elite level club like Barcelona Madrid even Man United. We aren't even close to challenging for the league. We are playing Europa league football.

At present we are a bog standard top 6 team. The only hope of signing players is from further down the league table.

Looking from 7th downwards who jumps out as a good winger who can provide creativity and assists as well as work ethic to track back? There wouldnt be many that would fit that bill that would be good enough to make the step up.

Fraser for 20m is probably the best and safest bet. Proven in the league and seems to be improving. He doesn't need to be are marquee signing but he for sure is better than miki and iwobi.

If I had the choice between him and Ziyech I would go for Ziyech but Fraser isn't to be sniffed at.

It's funny because Arsenal needs players to perform now. Not in 3 or 4 years or when they get a visa after being loaned around Europe. It's funny how some fans would rather we sign a player they have never heard of than someone who has performed above and beyond expectations this season in the premier league.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Is there some decent stats or evidence that Fraser can't keep the ball or what?
Ryan-Fraser-Premier-League-2018_2019.png

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Remember the 3-3 game? Fraser absolutely roasted us in the first half. He is a very decent winger.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Some people need to get real. We are not an Elite level club like Barcelona Madrid even Man United. We aren't even close to challenging for the league. We are playing Europa league football.

At present we are a bog standard top 6 team. The only hope of signing players is from further down the league table.

People rate and like Fraser fair enough, but what’s this rubbish?

We’re not Aston Villa ffs. You’re point doesn’t stand anyway as teams below us like Leicester, Wolves and Everton are signing quality like Neves, Tielmans, Richarlson.

TheEconomist

Established Member
It’s not about big name. I would rather get a unknown brazilian kid than having Fraser. Fraser is just a **** footballer.

What does stats mean to you?
Ronaldinho can score zero and make no assist, but still be a much better player than walcott.

We already have 2 traditional strikers in our team, and Özil who only focus on playing the final ball. They are not involving enough in the buildup play like firmino, son and kdb would do.
If we get another non-silky player, we will have
6 against 10 in the buildup play. We will get dominated in possession, less chances will be created. Unless you want us to bypass our midfield and play like the ugly boring disgusting stoke, then it might work.

When talking about stats, goals just doesn’t add up like what you think. If it’s the case, then a team of inzaghi, van nistelrooy, huntelaar, klose, gomez, crouch would get you over 100 goals a season. But what’s the problem with that? You have no creator. You will not even score 10 per season with all the above players playing together. With one more direct non-silky player in your team, you will sacrifice some degree of buildup play, possession and chance created.

With Fraser in the team, auba’s number will decrease, laca’s number will decrease. Fraser himself will not assist as much, simply because the team will not be functional. Ziyech is the type of player we should get. With Ziyech and and another skillful winger behind auba and laca, we will have a more balanced team.

Just look at “Furious” post. Sometimes stats really doesn’t mean a lot.
You seem to have just taken the argument of using stats to quantify a players output to very extreme lengths to try and make your point. Stats should be looked at with context and perspective, not accepted without question. They also definitely shouldn't be completely ignored.

I was making the point that Fraser would add more to our goals and assists than Iwobi while losing the ball less. If you disagree i'd love to hear your argument for that.

You are correct that Ronaldinho could have worse stats then Walcott, or Iwobi's better then Hazard. Are you aware of that ever happening ? I think it's extremely unlikely and that just further justifies why stars are a useful tool to measure someone's performance.

No one is saying that we should field a team of 10 strikers and a goal keeper to make us the strongest team. You've just blown the use of stats well out of proportion to try and make a point.

And we have experimented with unknown talents a lot. There's more than I can remember but Santos, Sanogo etc. All come to mind. I'd rather have someone who's been proven to have some end product in the premier league

As i said in my first post, I don't think Fraser is very exciting, and he probably won't get us to the level we need to be, but he's a step in the right direction . I'd rather us get him than stick with Iwobi for another year

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
People rate and like Fraser fair enough, but what’s this rubbish?

We’re not Aston Villa ffs. You’re point doesn’t stand anyway as teams below us like Leicester, Wolves and Everton are signing quality like Neves, Tielmans, Richarlson.

Tielemans is on loan. So there's no point trying to use him as an example. He will sign for a much bigger club permanently.

Richarlson cost 50m. Are we going to spend 50m on a Watford winger? Put it like this the closest thing to him and price wise is probably Zaha around 60m. Do you think Arsenal would pay 60m for Zaha? And do you think we could pay that?

Neves went to Wolves when no one else was interested in him and his linked with Mendes made the deal happen.

Nobody is saying we are Aston villa but we aren't a big player in the transfer market. Nor are we first choice for many players who are of a high-elite level. So we have to make do with other options.

The only way a player comes to Arsenal is, if neither City or Livepool want them. Maybe even United too. They want to live in London. And they see Arsenal as a stepping stone. They aren't coming for titles. Because that's not gonna happen in the next 5 years. They aren't coming for money.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Tielemans is on loan. So there's no point trying to use him as an example. He will sign for a much bigger club permanently.

Richarlson cost 50m. Are we going to spend 50m on a Watford winger? Put it like this the closest thing to him and price wise is probably Zaha around 60m. Do you think Arsenal would pay 60m for Zaha? And do you think we could pay that?

Neves went to Wolves when no one else was interested in him and his linked with Mendes made the deal happen.

Nobody is saying we are Aston villa but we aren't a big player in the transfer market. Nor are we first choice for many players who are of a high-elite level. So we have to make do with other options.

The only way a player comes to Arsenal is, if neither City or Livepool want them. Maybe even United too. They want to live in London. And they see Arsenal as a stepping stone. They aren't coming for titles. Because that's not gonna happen in the next 5 years. They aren't coming for money.
Leicester have an option to buy Tielmans.

I understand we’re not able to sign players that City or Utd are chasing BUT we’re not looking at those players anyway, Utd are looking at Koulibaly and De Ligt levels, City are looking at Rodri, Maguire, we’re not competing for those players.

I’m not even that against Fraser, but you have to accept that he’s a limited better and we can get better players.

Leicester and Everton can spend 40-50M on Tielmans, Richarlson etc and here you are telling us we should accept a player because he’s 20M and we can’t do more.

FluffyDoozi

We need a Bournemouth fan to sort this out, let's be honest most are chatting sh*t on here since no one would of watched a handful of games. For example, I've seen him beat a defender or two with skill, some quick one touch passing and some great finishing which is what we need.

Does he do that every game, I dunno.
https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/fraser-to-arsenal.8634/#post-261459

There you go. It's from their fan forum. Bournemouth fans seem as divided as we are as to whether he can step up his game if he made the move.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Listen, if you like Fraser then fair enough, Just say you like him and want him, and move on.

Don’t come here and take some high ground, calling people snobs, telling Arsenal fans to be realistic when there is more money in Arsenal than most clubs in Europe.

Don’t tell me I don’t like Fraser because he’s short, not Brazilian, not being chased by Real, cut the crap ffs.

em9999

My rainbows
I hate Fraser he isn't costing 50 million and got a foreign name

its disgusting how dare Emery try to do his job

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom